Hot Deals

[Oculus] Oculus Quest 2 pre-orders up - $459 64GB, $629 256GB, no tax, free shipping when ordering from Oculus

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 12:32 am
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 23, 2003
4160 posts
979 upvotes
Hamilton
Melkor wrote: Great Pyrenees....our second.

He doesn't look big next to my old timer, but that 10 week old weighs 30lbs.
that is a sweet lookin pup!
the ole timer is nice too :)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 23, 2003
4160 posts
979 upvotes
Hamilton
pca1987 wrote: really? I just tried and the image is terrible for me. The room (couch, tv, window, etc) looks sharp, but the actual video is trash
did it look crisp to you?
still sealed. Working up to it! lol.

Well maybe that's the stream speed?

I'm more concerned about my local network stream (plex) as I have a lot of 4k Remux files and expect to see a proper picture.
Sr. Member
Aug 30, 2015
655 posts
351 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
sidshock wrote: still sealed. Working up to it! lol.

Well maybe that's the stream speed?

I'm more concerned about my local network stream (plex) as I have a lot of 4k Remux files and expect to see a proper picture.
Don't think so, I always watch 4k content with no issues. I have 100mbps and an excellent router. Not impressed with videos on the quest :(
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 1, 2002
8601 posts
4952 upvotes
Toronto
pca1987 wrote: does it work if it's type-A to type-C?
Yup, just might not be enough to charge while playing (may maintain charge). So best to have a charge before using Link.
Newbie
Nov 21, 2010
26 posts
38 upvotes
pca1987 wrote: Don't think so, I always watch 4k content with no issues. I have 100mbps and an excellent router. Not impressed with videos on the quest :(
I may be wrong (still waiting on my Quest 2), but from what I've read, the native Netflix app is limited to 480p. I've read people get by this by using the Quest's browser to view Netflix or stream through Virtual Desktop. Again I don't have my Quest 2 to test, but maybe this is the reason the video looks bad?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1348 posts
276 upvotes
.fess wrote: Cancelled my Quest 2 order after seeing doggo pics. Made me realize once again that true happiness cannot be found in materialistic things.
What's so happy about torn sofas, cleaning dog poop and urine on the carpet?
Once there was a real deal in front of me I did not cherish. Not until it went OOS did I learn to regret. There's no greater sorrow. If heavens would grant me another chance I would buy buy buy. If I must put down a quantity, I hope it is 10000
Sr. Member
Aug 30, 2015
655 posts
351 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
KafkaHigh wrote: I may be wrong (still waiting on my Quest 2), but from what I've read, the native Netflix app is limited to 480p. I've read people get by this by using the Quest's browser to view Netflix or stream through Virtual Desktop. Again I don't have my Quest 2 to test, but maybe this is the reason the video looks bad?
oh I had no clue, good catch, thanks. I will try that out. This kind of makes sense, I imagine the netflix "wastes" resolution by rendering the room around the screen
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2839 posts
3172 upvotes
I find this thing so not comfy from the face rest
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 23, 2003
4160 posts
979 upvotes
Hamilton
waven101 wrote: I find this thing so not comfy from the face rest

Well they purposely made a throw away strap so you buy a strap. Might as well forget a charger like iPhone 12.
Oh wait...
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2839 posts
3172 upvotes
sidshock wrote: Well they purposely made a throw away strap so you buy a strap. Might as well forget a charger like iPhone 12.
Oh wait...
the strap is fine, but the face rest is terrible. for those 2 things im out.
Jr. Member
Aug 25, 2018
110 posts
48 upvotes
Montreal
Just got my quest 2 and elite head strap pre orders from amazon.

Since I’ve tried and didn’t like the headset, I already returned my Best Buy order

This amazon order is doing straight back. Oh if Antoine wants an elite strap at cost, let me know. If not, everything is going back to amazon this Friday
Sr. Member
Aug 1, 2010
940 posts
614 upvotes
waven101 wrote: the strap is fine, but the face rest is terrible. for those 2 things im out.
Agreed with the face rest, feel like you need to buy the fit pack to maybe get a better fit. Wish they came out with a Pro version that was built better without all these cost cutting decisions.
Last edited by colavs19 on Oct 15th, 2020 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 1, 2002
8601 posts
4952 upvotes
Toronto
colavs19 wrote: Agreed with the face rest, feel like you need to buy the fit pack to maybe get a better fit. Wish they came out with a Pro version that was built better without all these cost cutting decisions.
A lot of reviewers like the VR Cover for $39 off Oculus, looks better with the easier cleaning of the pleather material. Has anyone tried it that wants to chime in?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1425 posts
873 upvotes
Canada
Angultra wrote: A lot of reviewers like the VR Cover for $39 off Oculus, looks better with the easier cleaning of the pleather material. Has anyone tried it that wants to chime in?
I just received my VR Cover today. There's a thicker and thinner foam pad that comes in the set. I like the thinner one better because I can get closer to the lenses and it feels a lot more comfortable than the stock pad. The thicker one feels very soft and cushioned and I think it provides even more comfort. And it's so much easier to clean after sweaty game sessions. Great for sharing the headset in a house party, you can just use a lysol wipe after each person.

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

dvdvideo