Hot Deals

[Oculus] Oculus Quest 2 pre-orders up - $459 64GB, $629 256GB, no tax, free shipping when ordering from Oculus

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 12:32 am
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4160 posts
979 upvotes
Hamilton
Toasterdude wrote: If you've never experienced VR before I would keep it. If you have a quest already I would return it. I don't know if it is the IPD changes but something is kind of off. White text has glare, feels like I'm looking into a tunnel. I definitely didn't experience this with the Quest 1. If this is your first VR experience I think you'll enjoy it and not even notice what I'm talking about.
I've only played psvr for a day couple years ago.
I liked it.

Also tried a demo headset outside the Microsoft store at the Eaton centre Toronto around the same time couple years ago. Liked it too.
Nothing else.
Never used Q1
Dec 14, 2006
274 posts
24 upvotes
Ottawa
sidshock wrote: I've only played psvr for a day couple years ago.
I liked it.

Also tried a demo headset outside the Microsoft store at the Eaton centre Toronto around the same time couple years ago. Liked it too.
Nothing else.
Never used Q1
I'd go for it then. It is a definite upgrade over the PSVR! I'm keeping mine as well because I already sold the quest, but in hindsight I would have just kept the original. At the end of the day once you get into a game you forget about all the negatives anyways. Go with Superhot it is by far my favorite experience on the Quest. Even the first steps tutorial blew me away when I first experienced it.
Aug 17, 2007
137 posts
73 upvotes
sidshock wrote: I've only played psvr for a day couple years ago.
I liked it.

Nothing else.
Never used Q1
I left a pretty detailed comparison with PSVR a few pages back. In a nutshell, comfort might be lacking without the elite strap (but I've got mine to play nice and I actually may not spring for the strap until much later) and the IPD adjustment is not ideal but image quality, portability and ease of use and access blows PSVR out of the water. You are getting a good VR experience overall and there are better ones if you spend more but I don't think there is better standalone, untethered and free from a PC experience. The "screen door" is much better than PSVR but I do tend to agree that it is slightly more "tunnel"-y.
Nov 29, 2010
259 posts
13 upvotes
Mississauga
Toasterdude wrote: If you've never experienced VR before I would keep it. If you have a quest already I would return it. I don't know if it is the IPD changes but something is kind of off. White text has glare, feels like I'm looking into a tunnel. I definitely didn't experience this with the Quest 1. If this is your first VR experience I think you'll enjoy it and not even notice what I'm talking about.
I agree with this summary.
I'm extremely happy with mine.
I just wanted something to play beatsaber on and this fits the bill perfectly in a portable well polished package.
I def think the IPD changes are a step back from what I remember of the Oculus Rift CV2 but for the price, I have no complaints.
Loomy wrote: I have bulk paper-based lens cleaners that are individually packed from Costco that I've been trying. I know that everyone online says to not use liquids, but if you get grime in there, you just smudge it around. It's super easy to get the lenses dirty trying to wrangle the default strap on.
Thats exactly how I smudged mine. With my forehead against the lens trying to get it on!
Apr 22, 2019
32 posts
36 upvotes
I bought mine from their website and received a $30 credit for game by email today.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4160 posts
979 upvotes
Hamilton
PapaWave wrote: I bought mine from their website and received a $30 credit for game by email today.
From Facebook direct?

That is a sweet deal. Beat saver seems to be 40 bucks!
Jun 26, 2008
27 posts
4 upvotes
Woah! wrote: Are you using an AC Router with 5Ghz WiFi or higher (6Ghz)?
That's a must for a smoother experience when using Virtual desktop.
Ideally you should be within close proximity to the Router when using those frequencies, the same or next room is ideal....from the basement to the top floor bedroom not so much.
Quest2 only has wifi 6, it doesn't have wifi 6E which is for the new 6ghz frequency. It's also critical your computer it connected by wire to the router, having the signal go over wifi twice doubles the problems.

On 5ghz and with a good quality 802.11ac router you can get the latency down to 20 to 30. Connected with the USB cable gets it even lower and allows you to use ASW which hides the latency even better.
Aug 7, 2013
25 posts
6 upvotes
PapaWave wrote: I bought mine from their website and received a $30 credit for game by email today.
Same. An apology for shipping delays with a $30 coupon code.
May 2, 2009
46 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver
I was kind of discouraged the first day I purchased it. I didn't get the fit correctly and modded Beat Saber wasn't patched. But after a couple days of testing other games out and finally getting the fit correctly today, I can't stop thinking about it. Synthrider is great and I highly recommend it if you aren't too fond of what Beat Saber provides at the moment. It also has a great modding community with a handful of songs I like. Also having a blast with Pistol Whip.

Obviously still waiting for the Elite Strap with the battery - sucks I'll have to wait well over a month for it but at least the strap is decent (battery life is still lacking but forces you to take breaks). Not sure when the VRCover ships, sounds like some of you already received it. Do I need to separate my order?

I am also having issues with Virtual Desktop. It's obvious my wifi is not good enough, the Telus Wifi Hub is directly upstairs (PC in the basement) as well as an old Apple Router in the Basement Kitchen (8-10m away). I am not positive if the Apple router is using 5Ghz wifi, I ended up ordering the Telus Wifi Boosters to see if that will help. PC is also connected to wifi. Anyone know of any better solutions? No other spots to add an access point/router, the closest would be where the Apple router is at the moment. If all else fails, I'll probably use the link cable.
Jan 12, 2017
151 posts
134 upvotes
My gpu is incompatible with oculus link, can I use virtual desktop wired and play games on the quest 2?
Apr 24, 2012
520 posts
690 upvotes
Vancouver
Has anyone tried it outside? I know you are not supposed to expose it to sun. I'm thinking if it might work in typical Vancouver weather, when it's cloudy. I wonder how well it would work on relatively featureless area such as a tennis court.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8601 posts
4952 upvotes
Toronto
zaporozhets wrote: Has anyone tried it outside? I know you are not supposed to expose it to sun. I'm thinking if it might work in typical Vancouver weather, when it's cloudy. I wonder how well it would work on relatively featureless area such as a tennis court.
I tried my Quest 1 in the backyard and worked well. Best time is dusk, even after the sunset worked fine with little light left.

Wouldn’t expect a tennis court to be a problem, just use in a safe place and enable tap to passthrough (in experimental settings) for easy monitoring of surroundings.
Aug 30, 2015
655 posts
351 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
fujiapplelover wrote: Yes that's the one and I think it's worth it. No tax and free shipping too. I wouldn't want to share my headset with others using the stock pad that soaks up sweat.
hygiene is definitely a plus, but I am looking for more comfort. Thanks for the recommendation, I will order one
Mar 17, 2013
18 posts
11 upvotes
I have been able to with my quest 1 so the quest 2 should not be a problem but of course you need to make sure the card is compatible with the Steam games you plan to play.
Sep 17, 2016
35 posts
38 upvotes
KeithD899 wrote: Same. An apology for shipping delays with a $30 coupon code.
Got one too!

But it doesn't work :facepalm:

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

Yaya43, AlexisFR