Hot Deals

[Oculus] Oculus Quest 2 pre-orders up - $459 64GB, $629 256GB, no tax, free shipping when ordering from Oculus

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2020 11:10 pm
Jul 23, 2010
413 posts
1452 upvotes
Québec
ur_too_crazy wrote: Someone mentioned earlier that it can't be returned if bought from Best Buy (thanks for pointing that out). Directly from Oculus it's 460$ instead of 400$ though. Anywhere else I can get this thing for 400$ and can return it (Amazon accept returns opened?) My 11 year old daughter wants it for her birthday, and is going to pay for most of it with her birthday money, If it's going to make her sick after a few days, I'd like to have the option of returning it.
This is NO tax charged on Oculus.com and there IS tax charged at Best Buy.
The final amount is the same in Quebec or very close depending of your province.
You can return it if you buy it directly from Oculus!
Last edited by The Kwisatz on Oct 20th, 2020 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8765 posts
5142 upvotes
Toronto
ur_too_crazy wrote: Someone mentioned earlier that it can't be returned if bought from Best Buy (thanks for pointing that out). Directly from Oculus it's 460$ instead of 400$ though. Anywhere else I can get this thing for 400$ and can return it (Amazon accept returns opened?)
Oculus and Amazon can be returned if opened, with Amazon being the easiest and fastest. Fyi, Oculus is tax in so price difference is small.

I returned something to Oculus before, need to request a return, print out the return label and drop off at UPS. Not difficult but might take a little longer.
Jun 4, 2011
18 posts
2 upvotes
Have been play the quest2 a few days. I have to clean the lenses with lens brush and micro fiber cloth after every time used. Now I noticed many scratches on the lenses. Not noticeable when playing. But that bothers me. Does any one got scratched already?
Sep 21, 2019
238 posts
153 upvotes
OP and many people don't understand math. Oculus.com price is including tax. I mean LOOK at the (*#@! prices!!
Dec 19, 2004
257 posts
16 upvotes
London
Bought this a few days ago and loving it. My favourite game is Eleven Table Tennis. It is amazing how accurate the physics is!

Wondering if anyone has found anywhere to buy the Elite strap with battery? Best buy shows it sold out online and in-store.
Jan 12, 2017
258 posts
205 upvotes
ur_too_crazy wrote: Someone mentioned earlier that it can't be returned if bought from Best Buy (thanks for pointing that out). Directly from Oculus it's 460$ instead of 400$ though. Anywhere else I can get this thing for 400$ and can return it (Amazon accept returns opened?) My 11 year old daughter wants it for her birthday, and is going to pay for most of it with her birthday money, If it's going to make her sick after a few days, I'd like to have the option of returning it.
AmaZon I just returned mine!
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2946 posts
3248 upvotes
i decided to keep mine.. the resolution is a little better with when making the resolution higher with sidequest and after playing around with the strap a little more its not too bad. im thinking this will get a lot of updates until end of year that are some basics that shouldve been there already but they might have wanted to push this without being entirely ready before christmas. when i get the hp reverb there is no reason to keep this anymore tho.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2946 posts
3248 upvotes
instead of the elite strap you might want to look into a adjustment on the regular strap like this one since the battery and the adjustment comes cheaper.
people are reporting that if you're not careful the elite strap with battery does crack at the same spot all the time... might want to look into this more.
https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/co ... and_has_a/
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3296 posts
3488 upvotes
Question, all you guys thinking of returning, what would you do with the games you purchased already?
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2946 posts
3248 upvotes
Within 2 weeks or less than 2 hours refund. Now that you have to link facebook you cant really sell account and change email like before
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6658 posts
3642 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
facebook259 wrote: Overall, I am happy with this product. Sure there are many things that could and should be improved. But for 2020, it seems like a fair price for a reasonable quality product.

I do not know why there are so many downvotes.
It's most likely the MANDATORY facebook (real name & date of birth, etc.) account requirement, along with the risk of being banned (either legit or in error with little to no recourse) from even using the OWNED device & access to your PAID games library.

Then again, I wouldn't expect someone with "facebook" in their username to understand. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Oh the irony!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1857 posts
721 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
Woah! wrote: It's most likely the MANDATORY facebook (real name & date of birth, etc.) account requirement, along with the risk of being banned (either legit or in error with little to no recourse) from even using the OWNED device & access to your PAID games library.

Then again, I wouldn't expect someone with "facebook" in their username to understand. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Oh the irony!!!
Yeah. I have never been too happy about that username either. But it was assigned automatically, and there is no option to change it. I imagine I could request and admin to change it. But that is too much of a bother.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6658 posts
3642 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
facebook259 wrote: Yeah. I have never been too happy about that username either. But it was assigned automatically, and there is no option to change it. I imagine I could request and admin to change it. But that is too much of a bother.
No worries, I was just poking fun.
Enjoy your Quest 2, just be mindful of the FB Overlords. Winking Face