Hot Deals

[Oculus] Oculus Quest 2 pre-orders up - $459 64GB, $629 256GB, no tax, free shipping when ordering from Oculus

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 2:05 pm
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19392 posts
6470 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I don't use Facebook and have no plans to start, so I guess Oculus is dead to me forevermore now.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1994 posts
2168 upvotes
Toronto, ON
PriceHunter wrote: Also, anyone complaining about linking to facebook. Can't we just open a blank facebook account and use that?
I linked the Oculus to a burner account I had last week and it wouldn't log me in. Facebook would not activate my profile unless I uploaded ID documents to prove my identity

Hard Pass
Jan 28, 2014
621 posts
234 upvotes
Any reviews showing 90hz on PCVR?

That's the only reason I would want an upgrade.
The specs say it's 90hz compatible but do the devs have to enable it?
Mar 26, 2017
336 posts
181 upvotes
I am getting my Rift S tomorrow. I have a PC that's all ready and some accessories including cable management.

I'm going to play VR in my room and I have no plans on bringing it anywhere else.

I'm aware the quest 2 has a better resolution But will I be able to use my gaming pc via a USB C cable to play the quest 2? I'm wondering this as the rift s is strictly pc

What would you do in my case? I'm leaning towards keeping the rift s but not sure.
Jun 28, 2006
842 posts
43 upvotes
Calgary
STIGUY wrote: Any reviews showing 90hz on PCVR?

That's the only reason I would want an upgrade.
The specs say it's 90hz compatible but do the devs have to enable it?
Yes, this has not been showed yet, no one knows when they'll enable this.
Jan 15, 2017
285 posts
139 upvotes
Vancouver
blackston3 wrote: I linked the Oculus to a burner account I had last week and it wouldn't log me in. Facebook would not activate my profile unless I uploaded ID documents to prove my identity

Hard Pass
That's crazy. You should not have to upload ID documents to use a piece of consumer entertainment tech.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1994 posts
2168 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gord18Stirr wrote: Can you still sail the seas as a pirate on the Rift S?
I think the Oculus terms are universal, right? I can't answer but I am assuming yes
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4639 posts
1335 upvotes
Kitchener
Gord18Stirr wrote: Can you still sail the seas as a pirate on the Rift S?
Yes.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Mar 26, 2017
336 posts
181 upvotes
Thundercloud wrote: Yes.
Okay so the clear winner here is to keep my rift s and screw the quest 2 for that very reason.

I was going to return the rift s for a quest 2.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2838 posts
3172 upvotes
i got the quest 2 256 gb. dont really care about it being a facebook account or oculus account they will get your information some way or another. ill just make sure i create a seperate facebook account just for this
i am certain apple and google has already has more information on anyone concerned.
it is also a hybrid vr headset with a very high resolution that will make everything smoother as it should be that you can link with steam vr or the oculus software.
Last edited by waven101 on Sep 16th, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5879 posts
372 upvotes
Calgary
hardware wise this new quest looks really awesome, but like others have mentioned its a hard pass for me because of the facebook login requirement...

maybe someone will hack it and make a custom firmware without any facebook stuff and then id be interested...no reason to have to link a social media account to use hardware that you have purchased (should be illegal like in germany)!
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2838 posts
3172 upvotes
h8g7f6j9k0 wrote: just a heads up for everyone - when you order your headset through the oculus website, Facebook will tie the name used in shipping *permanently* through the Oculus account that you created. So even if you wanted to change your real name after receiving the headset, you can't.
that makes no sense. how could you resell it afterwards? do you have any sources of that?
Last edited by waven101 on Sep 16th, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 26, 2017
336 posts
181 upvotes
People are saying that you can connect the Quest 2 to your PC and you can still pirate games, is this correct?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2838 posts
3172 upvotes
Gord18Stirr wrote: People are saying that you can connect the Quest 2 to your PC and you can still pirate games, is this correct?
yes it is correct they are selling an accessory just for it called oculus link