Hot Deals

[Oculus] Oculus Quest 2 pre-orders up - $459 64GB, $629 256GB, no tax, free shipping when ordering from Oculus

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 12:59 am
Mar 26, 2017
328 posts
181 upvotes
People are saying that you can connect the Quest 2 to your PC and you can still pirate games, is this correct?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2722 posts
3112 upvotes
Gord18Stirr wrote: People are saying that you can connect the Quest 2 to your PC and you can still pirate games, is this correct?
yes it is correct they are selling an accessory just for it called oculus link
Mar 26, 2017
328 posts
181 upvotes
waven101 wrote: yes it is correct they are selling an accessory just for it called oculus link
Or just use a typical USB C Cable, which I have a ton of long ones hanging around here, right?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2722 posts
3112 upvotes
Gord18Stirr wrote: Or just use a typical USB C Cable, which I have a ton of long ones hanging around here, right?
yes but that might depend on resolution you want to play since its double pixel density might need more power on that.
Last edited by waven101 on Sep 16th, 2020 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 21, 2014
37 posts
5 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
NirajP wrote: Bestbuy doesn't accept opened VR products - https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/help/blta7 ... d48c5d0d7c
They mention that before when i first bought Quest 1 from them. Then when i decided i wanted to return it cause it was too uncomfortable i submitted a ticket with Oculus and they told me to bring it back and refer this ticket to them if there any issue. When i got to BB there was no question asked just refund me no problem. Hopefully this is still the case for Quest 2.
Aug 1, 2010
926 posts
607 upvotes
Gord18Stirr wrote: Or just use a typical USB C Cable, which I have a ton of long ones hanging around here, right?
Nope. Have to use Oculus Link cable. Some people have had luck with a cheaper Anker cable. Others won't work.
Jul 19, 2019
15 posts
12 upvotes
h8g7f6j9k0 wrote: just a heads up for everyone - when you order your headset through the oculus website, Facebook will tie the name used in shipping *permanently* through the Oculus account that you created. So even if you wanted to change your real name after receiving the headset, you can't.
Where are you getting this information from? Because I haven't heard anything like this.
Sep 7, 2018
592 posts
434 upvotes
Just watched an unboxing video and I am going to stick with my rift s.

Quest 2 looks like it has a terrible head strap and crappy built in speakers (I've already upgraded my rift s speakers)
Aug 11, 2020
28 posts
17 upvotes
Pitt Meadows, BC
Word on the street is whatever you see in VR, Zuck sees as well.
Jan 25, 2014
15 posts
2 upvotes
superscoots wrote: Just watched an unboxing video and I am going to stick with my rift s.

Quest 2 looks like it has a terrible head strap and crappy built in speakers (I've already upgraded my rift s speakers)
This is why it is so cheap, most people will want to buy the premium headstrap and better headphones. You will have to also buy a longer cable if you want to link it to your computer.
Last edited by Cowser on Sep 16th, 2020 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 7, 2013
17 posts
3 upvotes
superscoots wrote: ...Quest 2 looks like it has a terrible head strap...
They are selling the better "elite" strap for $79.
Jan 12, 2017
109 posts
103 upvotes
Games aren’t going to require quest 2 are they? I might buy a quest 1 off Kijiji since the price should be low now
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1980 posts
2155 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sealed12tribes wrote: Word on the street is whatever you see in VR, Zuck sees as well.
I maybe a nutjob but I store the Quest back into its dark box after use. 4-6 cameras pointed and just sitting there looking, especially coming from Facebook just too extreme for me.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2010
1101 posts
2012 upvotes
Montreal
For people suggesting making fake accounts, I don't think that will end well.
I'm not sure if it was ever addressed, but when facebook/oculus announced this change, there was discussion that if you ever get your Facebook account banned, you would effectively also lose your entire oculus library.

Thread Information

There are currently 22 users viewing this thread. (12 members and 10 guests)

subzerox, setlist, waven101, skguyt20, rufryda, thendless, KennethY, AlexisFR, xAznxStylezx, Driftwood, stanace, Dustin1985