Hot Deals

[Oculus] Oculus Quest 2 pre-orders up - $459 64GB, $629 256GB, no tax, free shipping when ordering from Oculus

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 4:38 pm
Oct 19, 2015
845 posts
1244 upvotes
Vancouver
in BC

BB - $448.38 with Taxes
Oculus.com - $459 w/o Taxes
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8453 posts
4792 upvotes
Toronto
VanillaDonut wrote: Later this year Facebook will start to require you to use a Facebook account to login and end support for non-Facebook accounts starting in October. Facebook probably haven't required it yet if that is the case.
You can use old accounts without FB until start of 2023. But new devices require linkage.

https://www.oculus.com/blog/a-single-wa ... -features/
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3229 posts
3434 upvotes
VanillaDonut wrote: Okay so after your first 30 days ban, are you going to create another fake account and get another 30 days ban again and continue the same loop? How much use are you going to get out of using it every other month. Maybe Facebook will see a pattern and ban you the next day instead. What's the value to you if you can only use it at least every other month.
I stated an example, no where that I have mentioned that it was my intention. As you read my responses, you can see that I have reached an understanding to not purchase the product.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Jan 20, 2010
377 posts
109 upvotes
toronto
Gord18Stirr wrote: I am getting my Rift S tomorrow. I have a PC that's all ready and some accessories including cable management.

I'm going to play VR in my room and I have no plans on bringing it anywhere else.

I'm aware the quest 2 has a better resolution But will I be able to use my gaming pc via a USB C cable to play the quest 2? I'm wondering this as the rift s is strictly pc

What would you do in my case? I'm leaning towards keeping the rift s but not sure.
You may want to check out an APP called virtual desktop. Then you probably will regret buying a rift s atm.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/ques ... 365004772/
Jul 29, 2019
218 posts
166 upvotes
PriceHunter wrote: I stated an example, no where that I have mentioned that it was my intention. As you read my responses, you can see that I have reached an understanding to not purchase the product.
Sorry, it is a habit to use you but I quoted you so the others reading have the context of what I am saying so people don't think it is okay to just create a fake account to only be banned.
Dec 25, 2004
754 posts
102 upvotes
I have the Quest stand alone because I can’t stand wires and never “gamed”. It is slow at times but still impressive imo. I’d be interested in the new version if it was considerably more responsive. All I want to do is play be paintball without any speed disadvantage!
Aug 17, 2008
860 posts
422 upvotes
SASKATOON
Can these replace a computer? I am taking online courses...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8453 posts
4792 upvotes
Toronto
ripjohnnyc wrote: Can these replace a computer? I am taking online courses...
It has some capabilities like a browser and BT keyboard support but more of a fun supplement than replacement. Comfort will be an issue for extended use.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1928 posts
1044 upvotes
Calgary
Kevin8se7en wrote: Just sold my Oculus Quest 1 for $500 a few days ago. I'd be pissed if I bought it and saw this. haha
No kidding! I’m sooooo glad I managed to sell mine right when they announced the upcoming mandatory Facebook account crap. First-gen Oculus Quest is like a Geforce RTX 2080.....value just dropped quite a bit.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1928 posts
1044 upvotes
Calgary
VanillaDonut wrote: Yeah, I heard online services will be limited.
Unless this is your first Oculus device; then you’ll need a Facebook account now.

Edit - actually............
All future unreleased Oculus devices will require a Facebook account, even if you already have an Oculus account.
Given that this announcement was made before the Quest 2 was announced, looks like you’re stuck with a Facebook account.
Mar 14, 2018
48 posts
73 upvotes
cgg123321 wrote: Great, now I'm going to accidentally press share on Facebook while watching my Japanese Anime Videos.
Is that what people are calling hentai these days?
Jul 8, 2013
75 posts
66 upvotes
AMHERST
Interesting twist: After the preorder just now I was able to create a non-fb oculus account, so I guess now I’m good til 2023?
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3229 posts
3434 upvotes
joshfindit wrote: Interesting twist: After the preorder just now I was able to create a non-fb oculus account, so I guess now I’m good til 2023?
Are you referring to this message?
Images
  • Screenshot_20200916-232933_Opera.jpg
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.

Thread Information

There are currently 23 users viewing this thread. (15 members and 8 guests)

R00TYS, JasonIgna, TylerL98213, fhyder, Xtrema, sundon, Prelude38, dswanted, Song44, sunfires1000, devonrimas, duncan215, tfranczyk, Driftwood, kyochi