6305 posts
1167 upvotes
Mississauga

Oculus Quest 64GB in Stock - $549 all in

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Oculus
Oculus Quest back in stock, ships April 23. Buying from the official site you dont need to pay taxes, shipping, or duties (at least when I last ordered)

$549 all in for the 64GB model

https://www.oculus.com/quest/

66 replies
Jan 2, 2007
257 posts
153 upvotes
Kitchener, Ontario
Wouldn't you get dinged for taxes at the border?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1049 posts
252 upvotes
I received mine, direct from Oculus about 3 weeks ago. No taxes or duties. Suppose I got lucky the day I decided to buy one as I know stock has been intermittent.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3387 posts
3593 upvotes
Does that mean factories in China are open now ?
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Aug 30, 2015
647 posts
921 upvotes
BC
Just a minor FYI, of what can go wrong with ordering it directly, not that you can do much about it. I ordered a 128GB one for a friend this way last month. It got sent back to the sender en route for "hazardous materials", which I presume was Canada's way of saying they didn't properly label the box as having a lithium battery in it. I talked to customer service and all they could offer was that it'd get refunded eventually. I couldn't reorder because it was sold out by the time I realized what had happened.

I still recommend ordering it this way for the tax savings - just keep an eye on the tracking details so you can act by reordering before it goes out of stock if it happens to you.
Sep 7, 2006
960 posts
645 upvotes
So just a question here. I know the Oculus quest is a standalone vr headset that relies off its own hardware for performance but are you able to bypass the hardware and "stream" off your pc? (use PC hardware) using a cable? I heard this wasn't the case that's why I was considering the oculus rift s
Apr 18, 2017
684 posts
1333 upvotes
IceCreamGee wrote: So just a question here. I know the Oculus quest is a standalone vr headset that relies off its own hardware for performance but are you able to bypass the hardware and "stream" off your pc? (use PC hardware) using a cable? I heard this wasn't the case that's why I was considering the oculus rift s
Yes, you can.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9120 posts
5555 upvotes
Toronto
Cyc66 wrote: Wouldn't you get dinged for taxes at the border?
No, they handle that at their end. I've bought Rift, extra sensor, Go, Quest, Quest case, earbuds and all were tax / duty-free. Saving the HST is always great.
IceCreamGee wrote: are you able to bypass the hardware and "stream" off your pc? (use PC hardware) using a cable?
Yes, with a USB 3.0 cable it should work with your PC, the one in the box is only 2.0 for charging. Search Quest cable on Amazon there's some 10ft ones.
Last edited by Angultra on Apr 14th, 2020 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aug 30, 2015
647 posts
921 upvotes
BC
IceCreamGee wrote: So just a question here. I know the Oculus quest is a standalone vr headset that relies off its own hardware for performance but are you able to bypass the hardware and "stream" off your pc? (use PC hardware) using a cable? I heard this wasn't the case that's why I was considering the oculus rift s
Yes you can do exactly this. The feature is called "Oculus quest link" and it was added (for free) after the headset was released. Steam and the full rift store all recognize the headset flawlessly... and yes, almost every game, including Half Life Alyx works. You do need to get a good, preferably "approved" USB cable to ensure it works well.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3315 posts
2150 upvotes
GTA
setlist wrote: Yes you can do exactly this. The feature is called "Oculus quest link" and it was added (for free) after the headset was released. Steam and the full rift store all recognize the headset flawlessly... and yes, almost every game, including Half Life Alyx works. You do need to get a good, preferably "approved" USB cable to ensure it works well.
And even better, there is Virtual Desktop that requires no cables at all... :)

You need a good quality, high throughput wifi network though.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2257 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered thanks op. Here’s to hoping I don’t get a surprise bill at the door for taxes and duty . Question tho if I don’t really like it and want to return it what’s the process?
Aug 30, 2015
647 posts
921 upvotes
BC
Heavenleigh85 wrote: Ordered thanks op. Here’s to hoping I don’t get a surprise bill at the door for taxes and duty . Question tho if I don’t really like it and want to return it what’s the process?
I've yet to find someone who didn't like it =) But I found this on reddit:
Hey there,
You can request a refund for your hardware anytime with 30 days of of receiving your Quest. Keep in mind the following:
* We’ll issue a refund for Oculus devices returned within 30 days from when your order shipped.
* You’ll receive a refund to your payment method once your Oculus device has been returned and inspected.
* Shipping fees are non-refundable
You will need to open a ticket with our support, and then send us the unit serial number, Order number, and a picture of your shipping label.
Also, when it comes to apps purchased from the Oculus store: you have a 2 hours of play / 2 weeks of ownership refund policy. So it takes away the risk/fear of buying something that you think you'll like only to find it not your thing.
Nov 21, 2014
707 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto
Purchased before straight from Oculus, no tax.
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
1338 posts
218 upvotes
Should I get this or Rift S? Still debating
True RFD spirit, care about every PENNY.

"The tooth fairy teaches children that they can sell body parts for money."
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2257 posts
573 upvotes
Toronto
setlist wrote: I've yet to find someone who didn't like it =) But I found this on reddit:
Also, when it comes to apps purchased from the Oculus store: you have a 2 hours of play / 2 weeks of ownership refund policy. So it takes away the risk/fear of buying something that you think you'll like only to find it not your thing.
Oh ok I’m really interested in the google earth thing I had the PlayStation vr and sold it didn’t care for it and it didn’t have that feature
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6305 posts
1167 upvotes
Mississauga
If anybody owns a quest, id recommend getting the app wander, especially during these times

It's basically google street view in VR so you can visit famous landmarks or random locations around the world, good way to help feel being outside while being quarantined

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/ques ... cale=en_US
Feb 26, 2017
612 posts
424 upvotes
tempta wrote: Should I get this or Rift S? Still debating
I’m new to this, but looking at both, not sure why one would buy the S. The quest seems to have the best of both worlds.