Oculus

Oculus Summer Sale (Quest 2 games)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2022 11:33 am
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3428 posts
3915 upvotes
Rhaegalex wrote: Really sad that Les Mills does not work on the original Quest. Not going to get a Quest 2 now though. Will wait for next gen.
I had both. its a huge upgrade, in terms of visuals, but especially hand movement tracking. I don't think there's any word on the date of the next gen, probably next year barring any production delays.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3428 posts
3915 upvotes
KravenHead wrote: Can't figure out Eleven VR. The game starts with the table parallel to my forehead and I can't do squat
First, centre the table by long pressing the Oculus button. Then go into settings, click the table icon and you can adjust the table height very quickly with the line bar. I have to do this from time to time as well. Try out a few heights to see which ones work best for your game. Its always hillarious when you get to play against giants or midgets.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3428 posts
3915 upvotes
I bought Les Mills based on recommendations here and I am loving it so far. Awesome for a variety of quick workouts. It's fun but some are pretty intense and make you sweat, which is what you want. The commentary/coaching is very well done. Not cheesy or annoying, and makes you feel like they are there with you live, encouraging and pushing you. I totally recommend it.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2684 posts
2255 upvotes
I think the fitness genre is the best and most mature in VR, so I agree with everyone recommending that new les mills game, even though I haven't played it.

My #1 recommended VR game though is The Room VR. You don't need to take my word, because it's the highest-reviewed game there. Most VR games are still at the Playstation 1 level of quality, but The Room VR is actually triple-A quality regardless of the VR part.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/ques ... 3024270629
Last edited by Loomy on Jun 21st, 2022 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1659 posts
766 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: I bought Les Mills based on recommendations here and I am loving it so far. Awesome for a variety of quick workouts. It's fun but some are pretty intense and make you sweat, which is what you want. The commentary/coaching is very well done. Not cheesy or annoying, and makes you feel like they are there with you live, encouraging and pushing you. I totally recommend it.
The leaderboard helps as well always gives me that extra push
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1659 posts
766 upvotes
I also recommend real vr fishing great relaxing game
Oct 14, 2010
163 posts
113 upvotes
Thunder Bay
Rhaegalex wrote: Really sad that Les Mills does not work on the original Quest. Not going to get a Quest 2 now though. Will wait for next gen.
I feel you, they started doing earlier adopters pretty dirty by excluding them from certain games like that and RE4. No reason these games couldn't at least be PC VR for instance. I'm guessing it's due to added development costs/time and easier to develop for Quest 2 hardware only.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2020
1283 posts
3602 upvotes
in for table tennis and jurassic world, thx!
Oct 14, 2010
163 posts
113 upvotes
Thunder Bay
Loomy wrote: I think the fitness genre is the best and most mature in VR, so I agree with e eryone recommending that new les mills game, even though I haven't played it.

My #1 recommended VR game though is The Room VR. Most VR games are still at the Playstation 1 level of quality, but The Room VR is actually triple-A quality regardless of the VR part.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/ques ... 3024270629
Bought it based on your recommendation. I'm into puzzle games and it looks neat.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2010
5192 posts
1146 upvotes
If you play Eleven VR get a 3D printed paddle adapter, it makes a big difference. As others have said, Walkabout Mini golf is also a lot of fun. I still use a Quest 1, I mostly use "fitness apps", Supernatural, FitXR, Pistol Whip, Beat Saber, Synth Riders,... I'll upgrade to the next Quest (Cambria) when it comes out.

Also this is a must watch (free on Oculus TV):

Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3428 posts
3915 upvotes
dairymandip wrote: The leaderboard helps as well always gives me that extra push
Agreed, I'm liking that feature as well. It's nice that it's a small group leaderboard too, so getting on top of it is def realistic. The devs did a great job with this entire experience.
For Sale:
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1844 posts
1395 upvotes
Vancouver
thelasthunter wrote: My vote goes to Eleven VR Table Tennis and Walkabout Mini Golf. Both of these are so addictive, that you can lose countless hours. Great prices on them as well.
3D printed a handle for my controller and it's amazing. The game has support for a few popular handles you can buy or print
rbanow wrote: The Quest 2 has never actually gone on sale. The best was last November when there was an up to $75 gift card (I think) at various retailers (e.g., if you bought on Amazon you received a $75 Amazon credit for future orders). In addition, you can receive a $35 referral credit to use for games/apps in the Oculus store (if you use a referral link prior to activating the headset). The actual device price stays constant at $399.
Exactly, I hopped on the Newegg deal ($60 off) which was a "sale", but the 128gb model came out shortly and replaced the 64gb. You win some you lose some! I don't mind the 64, but the 128 @ 399 is still an amazing value for a quest 2
Last edited by cgg123321 on Jun 21st, 2022 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1941 posts
210 upvotes
Ottawa
Nice,

My wife has been wanting a workout app and weary of a subscription so I think I'll pick up Les milles.

We love escape rooms and played through the room on Android, so will likely pick up the room vr.

It looks like Vader immortal is on sale too, is this any good?
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1659 posts
766 upvotes
SAN66 wrote: Nice,

My wife has been wanting a workout app and weary of a subscription so I think I'll pick up Les milles.

We love escape rooms and played through the room on Android, so will likely pick up the room vr.

It looks like Vader immortal is on sale too, is this any good?
great game
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2684 posts
2255 upvotes
SAN66 wrote: It looks like Vader immortal is on sale too, is this any good?
Vader Immortal is excellent for Star Wars people. It's not something you'll play a lot, it's more like a Disney ride that makes you feel like you're IN Star Wars. Getting 3 on sale is good.

To find games, there are sites for searching and sorting the Oculus/Meta/Quest/VR website. You need to mess around with the filters and sorting columns to get what you want. For example, on VRDB, set RATINGS > 20 to remove the new/unpopular games with scores inflated by just a few good reviews. Click the SCORE column to sort by average review.

https://vrdb.app/quest/index_us.html
https://vrheaven.io/best-meta-quest-games/
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12397 posts
2142 upvotes
Can anyone comment how much space I'll need to comfortable just a quest 2?

Also does anyone have a 5yo that has used it? I know it's not recommended until older but I'm wondering if anyone's young child has tried it for a little bit.
Dec 21, 2012
364 posts
419 upvotes
I heard the quest 3 could be out next year. I wonder if it's worth waiting till next year.
[OP]
Dec 5, 2005
491 posts
190 upvotes
Saskatoon
Shutdown wrote: I heard the quest 3 could be out next year. I wonder if it's worth waiting till next year.
Realistically, it's probably holiday 2023. Quite a long time to wait if you're interested right now.
Jul 28, 2004
439 posts
53 upvotes
Mississauga
slowtyper wrote: Also does anyone have a 5yo that has used it? I know it's not recommended until older but I'm wondering if anyone's young child has tried it for a little bit.
I've let my 10 year old use it and while it's fine, the headset is pretty heavy so they can't play long or their neck will start to hurt. I probably wouldn't let a 5 year old use it unless in very short lengths.
Oct 30, 2014
192 posts
94 upvotes
White Rock, BC
y2tattle wrote: I've let my 10 year old use it and while it's fine, the headset is pretty heavy so they can't play long or their neck will start to hurt. I probably wouldn't let a 5 year old use it unless in very short lengths.
I let my 9 year old use it occasionally for Beat Saber but max 10-20 minutes and with constant supervision.