Oculus

Oculus Summer Sale (Quest 2 games)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2022 11:33 am
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1659 posts
767 upvotes
slowtyper wrote: Can anyone comment how much space I'll need to comfortable just a quest 2?

Also does anyone have a 5yo that has used it? I know it's not recommended until older but I'm wondering if anyone's young child has tried it for a little bit.
If you don't have a lot of space there is stationery mode
My little nieces and nephew who are 8 and 6 have no problems using it for beatsaber etc.
Last edited by dairymandip on Jun 21st, 2022 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2006
1941 posts
210 upvotes
Ottawa
slowtyper wrote: Can anyone comment how much space I'll need to comfortable just a quest 2?

Also does anyone have a 5yo that has used it? I know it's not recommended until older but I'm wondering if anyone's young child has tried it for a little bit.
I've let all my niece's and nephew's try it, but just to try, I wouldn't recommend any child play with this consistently.

My 12 year old nephew ended up with a headache and vertigo after playing too long.

Even for 10-14 year olds, the main reason they recommend against it is that kids eyes and brains are still developing and playing too much can have adverse effects.
Nov 3, 2005
473 posts
734 upvotes
Toronto

Some games can be played in stationary mode while others require "roomscale" with space requirements varying by game. I think the minimum is 6.5ft x 6.5ft. My 4yo has used it and likes playing Bogo (free) and Fruit Ninja. We don't let him play more than 20 min max and I always cast it and supervise him. Sometimes I carry him so he can reach the fruits in the trees.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2686 posts
2258 upvotes
Shutdown wrote: I heard the quest 3 could be out next year. I wonder if it's worth waiting till next year.
First, hopefully this year, will be the "Quest 2 Pro" with better specs for 2x more money. The actual Quest 3 is too far away to have rumors for. I think we just know that Zuck said it would exist eventually.

About what's "worth", no one can tell you what money is worth to you. I can say that Quest 2 will continue to work after Quest 3 is out, so its value will not go to zero.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3764 posts
1892 upvotes
Vancouver
This is a really interesting thread, and thanks to all the posters recommending games.

For those of you doing the workout ones, doesn't the goggle get sweaty? Thinking in terms of: 1) fogging/condensation on the lens, and 2) how to keep clean the foam/sponge part that touches your face.

TIA
Oct 14, 2010
164 posts
115 upvotes
Thunder Bay
Bishop8 wrote: This is a really interesting thread, and thanks to all the posters recommending games.

For those of you doing the workout ones, doesn't the goggle get sweaty? Thinking in terms of: 1) fogging/condensation on the lens, and 2) how to keep clean the foam/sponge part that touches your face.

TIA
I don't personally have any fogging issues. As for cleaning, I use the silicone cover that comes with the Quest 2. It can be easily wiped and removed/washed as needed.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3764 posts
1892 upvotes
Vancouver
Helmholtz wrote: I don't personally have any fogging issues. As for cleaning, I use the silicone cover that comes with the Quest 2. It can be easily wiped and removed/washed as needed.
Sorry, do you mean that hard plastic spacer for glasses?

EDIT: NVM, I know what you're talking about now. Thanks!
Last edited by Bishop8 on Jun 21st, 2022 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Dec 5, 2005
491 posts
190 upvotes
Saskatoon
Bishop8 wrote: This is a really interesting thread, and thanks to all the posters recommending games.

TIA
The fogging seems to depend on the person and how it fits your face. I haven't had a fogging issue. I do use a leather-like aftermarket facial interface, which is easy to wipe clean.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3447 posts
3923 upvotes

TIA
That was my concern too. But not much condensation on the lens, at least nothing that interferes with vision. I am using the foam insert instead of the silicone one, so that probably absorbs more sweat. I tend to grab the bite-sized 5-10 minute workouts and do a few of those per day. My face gets a bit warm, but I'm just enjoying myself that I don't really notice it much. The fogging could be an issue with longer sessions.
[OP]
Dec 5, 2005
491 posts
190 upvotes
Saskatoon
Bishop8 wrote: Sorry, do you mean that hard plastic spacer for glasses?
There should be a thin silicone cover in the box that can be installed over the foam facial interface. It wasn't originally included, but was offered as part of a recall and has been included with new purchases since August 2021.
May 24, 2007
672 posts
811 upvotes
Kelowna
JustBob wrote: If you play Eleven VR get a 3D printed paddle adapter, it makes a big difference. As others have said, Walkabout Mini golf is also a lot of fun. I still use a Quest 1, I mostly use "fitness apps", Supernatural, FitXR, Pistol Whip, Beat Saber, Synth Riders,... I'll upgrade to the next Quest (Cambria) when it comes out.

Also this is a must watch (free on Oculus TV):

Have a link for which paddle you printed? Been meaning to print one and couldn't decide which one I wanted.
Dec 1, 2003
219 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
Les Mills Body Combat - Finally a decent workout app without subscription!
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
2076 posts
292 upvotes
Toronto
So many great endorsements for Les Mills Body Combat, I had to buy it. I actually really like their spin program (not on Quest), so I'm sure this will be great too. Thanks!
Nov 8, 2012
944 posts
818 upvotes
London, ON
I found a great deal on a used quest 2 - $170 and then got Eleven Ping Pong and WOW! What a great game! Thank you all for the recommendations - picked most of them up. Does Beat Saber ever go on sale?
Jul 2, 2007
226 posts
699 upvotes
Montreal
They it went once in a pack with imagine dragons. But it's one of the game I wait until I was given a 30% discount by not buying stuff for a while.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2008
1259 posts
546 upvotes
stilltippin wrote: I found a great deal on a used quest 2 - $170 and then got Eleven Ping Pong and WOW! What a great game! Thank you all for the recommendations - picked most of them up. Does Beat Saber ever go on sale?
170$ is an awesome deal, congrats!
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
1659 posts
767 upvotes
I’ve seen it on the daily deal before for 24.99
[OP]
Dec 5, 2005
491 posts
190 upvotes
Saskatoon
stilltippin wrote: I found a great deal on a used quest 2 - $170 and then got Eleven Ping Pong and WOW! What a great game! Thank you all for the recommendations - picked most of them up. Does Beat Saber ever go on sale?
I've never seen it on sale. The Oculus price tracker shows that it's never been on sale, either. The base game is always $34.99 and the DLC packs always are "on sale" (they're never actually the list price).

https://odeals.net/game/167/beat-saber
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5230 posts
4699 upvotes
Toronto
rbanow wrote: I've never seen it on sale. The Oculus price tracker shows that it's never been on sale, either. The base game is always $34.99 and the DLC packs always are "on sale" (they're never actually the list price).

https://odeals.net/game/167/beat-saber
If you have a decent enough PC, you can buy it from Steam for $33.99:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/620980/Beat_Saber/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)