Oculus

Oculus Summer Sale (Quest 2 games)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2022 11:33 am
Aug 8, 2015
126 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto, ON
KravenHead wrote: Can't figure out Eleven VR. The game starts with the table parallel to my forehead and I can't do squat
I had the same issue when I first purchased and installed it and was almost on the verge of uninstalling and getting a refund. Then I accidentally pressed the trigger button on my right handset (soft button at the back of the handset) and it took me to the next stage. I think the devs just want to test if you know about the trigger button lol. A lot of the games use that button, so you need to familiarize with it.
Oct 20, 2018
233 posts
234 upvotes
rbanow wrote: The Quest 2 has never actually gone on sale. The best was last November when there was an up to $75 gift card (I think) at various retailers (e.g., if you bought on Amazon you received a $75 Amazon credit for future orders). In addition, you can receive a $35 referral credit to use for games/apps in the Oculus store (if you use a referral link prior to activating the headset). The actual device price stays constant at $399.
Of lot of them are on Kijiji/marketplace. Kind of toy you either like it or you don’t. Bought mine 200$. Person used it 2 times and didn’t like it so it was new.
Oct 20, 2018
233 posts
234 upvotes
slowtyper wrote: Can anyone comment how much space I'll need to comfortable just a quest 2?

Also does anyone have a 5yo that has used it? I know it's not recommended until older but I'm wondering if anyone's young child has tried it for a little bit.
Depend on the game. Some are ok only sitting or like 4x4.
Some (ex : super hot and walkabout (mini putt)) are best with 8x8 +.
I have something like 5x8 and I’m fine but biggest is often better.

My 5 yo used it for 5 - 10min. Since it’s not recommended, I’m not letting her used it but she once watch a safari Vr 360 clip with elephant and she like it.

For actual game, I think it’s a bit too complicated for a 5yo. My 7 yo is getting by, but I’m not really allow him to play.
Nov 26, 2016
200 posts
417 upvotes
A good timing to ask for your advices.
A friendly owner of an Oculus Quest 2 has lent me his "Virtual Reality" set,
for me to try it out for a moment, so follow the inevitable question:

What would you suggest me to view, try, play
or eventually buy if it would seem to you worth it,
for the best experience and give me the best idea ?

If I may precise, in the most beautiful aspect,
more than in the "frightening" sens of it... Winking Face

If you think this sale may help,
by your knowledge of the games,
or even of other experiences.

Thank you beforehand,
for your suggestions.
Nov 3, 2005
467 posts
729 upvotes
Toronto
Picked up I Expect You to Die, Smash Drums, and Drunken Bar Fight. I already have a PC backlog and now starting a VR backlog haha.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
2661 posts
2183 upvotes
Cinetiste wrote: What would you suggest me to view, try, play
or eventually buy if it would seem to you worth it, for the best experience and give me the best idea ?

If I may precise, in the most beautiful aspect,
more than in the "frightening" sens of it... Winking Face
Rec Room and VRChat are free and have mini games to play with other people. Good for extroverts.

To see what games are popular, click "Ratings" to sort by the total number of reviews:
https://vrdb.app/quest/index_us.html

Click "Score" to sort by how much people like the games.

Watch 10 trailer videos and follow your heart. No one can say what games you like. Many have puzzles, like The Room or I Expect You To Die, where you play James Bond. Some have lots of movement in game, like Swarm. Some have lots of movement in the real world, like Superhot or the dance and fitness games. Some have shooting, like Onward. Some have you watch a character from the outside, like Moss. Some have you run around in game, and some have you be still. Some have you run around in the real world, and some have you sit. VR has a lot of variety and you must decide for yourself.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)