Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Oculus

Request a free silicon cover

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2021 1:30 pm
59 replies
Jul 16, 2021
497 posts
752 upvotes
yes and the newer version is coming out august 24 but i think its just the memory that is bigger.
Oct 12, 2018
55 posts
31 upvotes
Thank you!

The one that came with the device caused face rash.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2006 posts
1567 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought my own cheap silicone cover immediately as the stock cover actually irritated my face (or at least it was just very uncomfortable).

Curious to see how the official one compares :)
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1445 posts
1194 upvotes
Gatineau
Got the email, but just FYI silicone covers aren't all that comfortable either. Once you start sweating, silicone covers usuat just get stuck to your face. I have the one I received from supernatural, I still use it as it's easy to clean, but again, not comfortable
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Jan 21, 2008
519 posts
790 upvotes
Heythumb88 wrote: Got the email, but just FYI silicone covers aren't all that comfortable either. Once you start sweating, silicone covers usuat just get stuck to your face. I have the one I received from supernatural, I still use it as it's easy to clean, but again, not comfortable
Yeah pretty much all silicone was that experience for me. Used it frequently in Q1. Hope you got that free VR Cover interface and faux leather as that was much better for me.
Mar 17, 2015
323 posts
264 upvotes
Winnipeg
It wasn't made as public but they were already giving away free "leather" VRCover replacements to people who made support requests about skin irritation. Much higher quality than the original or this silicone cover.

I am guessing now that they are doing this official recall that the VRCover offer is probably no longer available.

edit - This is what I had sent to me for free:
https://vrcover.com/oculus-quest-2/
Oct 4, 2015
390 posts
387 upvotes
Mississauga
Apparently they're also upgrading the base model from 64GB to 128GB at the same price Disappointed Face
If you stare long enough at a lurker, the lurker stares back at you.

Public Mobile 4GB/$40 -> Koodo (6GB+2GB)/$40 -> Telus 30GB/$35
Jan 1, 2019
122 posts
343 upvotes
Sweet, placed an order. The Leather VRcover mask doesn’t fit with the glasses extension bracket so everything has been a little blurry since using the leather cover. I’m happy to see that the silicone cover is now offered as it’ll go with the bracket and help with smudges and visibility for glasses wearers.
Dec 13, 2020
592 posts
1430 upvotes
Markham, ON
Thanks a bunch.. Just ordered!
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
2567 posts
1752 upvotes
Do I need this if I haven't been getting rashes?

I'm really starting to get into Skyrim vr.
Only side effects so far are nausea and maybe the headset is a bit too tight.
Jul 16, 2021
497 posts
752 upvotes
pu leather and silicone covers arent that comfortable.
i made myself a cloth one, cut some memory foam out of a neck pillow i had bought on here for 3.00 and some cheap 20.00 sewing machine on amazon.
found someone on kijiji to make me a 3d print of the fov mod . and this seems to be the best set up i found.
ended up doing the same thing with the hp reverb g2.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1030 posts
736 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
I ordered a VRcover a few weeks ago, damn it. Oh well
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1700 posts
638 upvotes
pca1987 wrote: I ordered a VRcover a few weeks ago, damn it. Oh well
VR cover is much better than the silicone one.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20205 posts
8287 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
PerformingAzura wrote: I'm really starting to get into Skyrim vr.
Only side effects so far are nausea
Sounds like a good time. I don't think I could use anything less than a Valve Index for any length of time I can't imagine how people are surviving hours of Oculus.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
12132 posts
10078 upvotes
Toronto
Fyi you slip this over the official facial interface, then remove and wash it instead of the foam soaking up sweat and whatnot.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)