Hot Deals

Oculus Rift S - $449.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2021 11:22 am
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1802 posts
1291 upvotes
Just FYI - Quest 2 (64gb) is in stock at Amazon at the time of posting this.

I ordered one for my sons birthday as a result of this thread.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1132 posts
150 upvotes
HOangT40330 wrote: I tried that on an Oculus Rift S. The picture clarity is not good compare to a real monitor + a lot more eyes strain + the added input lag (the moment you hit a button to the moment that your action is reflected on the screen). The good thing is you can set what ever custom resolution and have it 16:9 21:9 32:9 and have the screen very close or far to your eyes and have it flat or curved …. , it's definitely a new and fun experience but I would still stick to a real monitor as much as I can and use VR for only VR stuff. But to be fair tho I only tried it when I was sitting not lying on the bed, maybe it would be more comfortable and more fun when you're lying and maybe I will try it out, idk.....
The quest 2 does have higher resolution so it might help with the clarity issue, I don't have much issue with that myself. I tend to only play games like tetris effect, and other slower pace games like rpgs or platformers while I'm chilling on the quest. AAA titles and esports titles will be on a traditional screen for sure.
Mar 17, 2007
128 posts
55 upvotes
FooNdaR wrote: Just FYI - Quest 2 (64gb) is in stock at Amazon at the time of posting this.

I ordered one for my sons birthday as a result of this thread.
Awesome, cancelled my order from the Oculus store and purchased from Amazon for $9 cheaper and delivery on Tuesday rather than Jan 23
Mar 17, 2007
128 posts
55 upvotes
stillmatic11 wrote: Get it even cheaper for $419 from Microsoft Store
This is HOT if you are sold on getting the Oculus Rift S (rather than the Oculus Quest 2 which I personally think is the better system and $20 cheaper)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3529 posts
5146 upvotes
Kitchener
Thundercloud wrote:
So you like the game but just not in VR?
Correct... Thinking of purchasing a Quest 2 and trying again... Only problem is I only have WiFi 5 not WiFi 6 (Hated the cable with the Rift S) and I heard Quest 2 isn't comfortable...
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 64GB RAM
Media PC: i5 9400f, GTX 1060 6gb, 32GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8
Feb 4, 2017
127 posts
90 upvotes
I'm a Rift S owner, I bought the headset this summer, before Quest 2 was announced. It's really great and has served me well. Just finished a 1 hour Beat Saber session, Half Life Alyx runs great on my mediocre gaming PC (i5 9600k, GTX 1660 Ti, 16GB RAM). I paid a decent amount more than this deal and it was worth every penny.

The fact that Oculus PC VR is being discontinued is kind of irrelevant if Steam VR continues to support it, which I'm assuming it will.

That being said, with the Quest 2 out now, I would buy it (with the elite strap) over the Rift S. It's newer and better and priced well.
Dec 2, 2016
48 posts
24 upvotes
Of the Quest 2 - Which is worth buying the 64 GB or 256GB? And do they ever go on sale?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8935 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
LjiljanaA494373 wrote: Of the Quest 2 - Which is worth buying the 64 GB or 256GB? And do they ever go on sale?
64gb is fine with some housekeeping of apps or you do a lot of PC VR. If you want to have a huge library and never use with PC, 256gb may come in handy. Think of it like phone storage but dedicated to apps not photos.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1802 posts
1291 upvotes
Quest 2 back in stock at Amazon at time of posting this.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2008
4501 posts
1981 upvotes
Toronto
Just bought a quest 2 off amazon. What’s the cheapest link cable I can get? I see some for 20 bucks that are 3m, but not sure if that’s long enough.
Current KOODO and FIDO customer😎
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2004
1802 posts
1291 upvotes
randomkidx wrote: Just bought a quest 2 off amazon. What’s the cheapest link cable I can get? I see some for 20 bucks that are 3m, but not sure if that’s long enough.
I bought this one: Fasgear 5A 100W USB C to Type C 90-Degree Cable, 10ft USB 3.1 Gen 2 10Gbps Data Power Delivery (PD) Cord Compatible for Oculus Link,VR Headset,PD Docking Station,Hard Drives,Macbook,4K Displays (10ft, Black) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08FY28Z8F/ref ... UTF8&psc=1
And it works with no issues.
Feb 18, 2007
778 posts
951 upvotes
Vancouver
etgohomeok wrote:
The fact that Oculus PC VR is being discontinued is kind of irrelevant if Steam VR continues to support it, which I'm assuming it will.
Software support is not the problem.

It's hardware support. CV1 link cables are for example discontinued, barely can find them on ebay for outrageous prices.

The same is going to happen to the Rift S .

Buy the Quest 2 like you said, there's no reason to buy the rift S now.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4822 posts
3307 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I highly recommend getting the elite strap for Quest 2, even better with the extended battery. I got it and makes a world of difference in comfort. Also helps extend out the battery life. I’ve been sharing the Q2 and it runs out of juice quick. It’s like an hour or so battery life playing beat saber. The extended battery life makes it around 3-4 hours. Also comes in a near case so can take it around.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.