• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2008 8:43 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2006
1551 posts

OCZ mail in rebate problem

well as assumed, i was not going to get the mail in rebate.

they said the mail was post marked for Feb 4, and that to qualify the mail had to be post marked by Feb 2 since that is 20 days from the date of purchase.

my purchase date is Jan 13, 4:48 pm.

i mailed it the next day...

i called them and no one could help me out. i went from one supervisor to the next.

honestly i never believed in these mail in rebates cuz a lot of people have said that they dont get them back... so i was skeptical but did it anyways...
i guess never again

if there is anyone that can still give me a suggestion what to do, i would highly appreciate it.

the item i purchased was OCZ2RPR800C44GK and the mail in rebate was from canadacomputers.com
21 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2006
5231 posts
143 upvotes
Ottawa
ask them to prove to you that it is post marked wrong .. tell them they are wrong .. keep bugging them .. call every hour piss them off they will give in ... call up Canada Computers OCZ.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2883 posts
1622 upvotes
FrodoX wrote: well as assumed, i was not going to get the mail in rebate.

they said the mail was post marked for Feb 4, and that to qualify the mail had to be post marked by Feb 2 since that is 20 days from the date of purchase.

my purchase date is Jan 13, 4:48 pm.

i mailed it the next day...

i called them and no one could help me out. i went from one supervisor to the next.

honestly i never believed in these mail in rebates cuz a lot of people have said that they dont get them back... so i was skeptical but did it anyways...
i guess never again

if there is anyone that can still give me a suggestion what to do, i would highly appreciate it.

the item i purchased was OCZ2RPR800C44GK and the mail in rebate was from canadacomputers.com
1)Find out where the OCZ hq is located, contact their local BBB, file complaint.

2) In the future, if you goto a postal outlet you can request them to stamp it with todays date as a postal mark; they will do it right in front of you.
Feb 12, 2007
141 posts
i sent in an ocz rebate last summer and got the rebate in the mail around december..... wait for it it will come
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Did you check the status of your rebate on status-now.com? I have sent in three rebates in total and have received all three with no problems. It might take a few months but you should receive them.
Dec 20, 2006
572 posts
36 upvotes
Ottawa
I know when I had an issue with a rebate from OCZ, I was able to contact one of the mods on the OCZ forums. His name was Ryder. As soon as I did that, everything got sorted.

However, the last rebate from them came in with no issues. Sometimes it's really hit and miss with mail-in rebates.

Vanno
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2003
1692 posts
22 upvotes
Agreed about Ryder
He's a good mod on those OCZ forums
I've gotten OCZ rebates as well... they're no scam. They're just SLOWWWWW
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
2088 posts
122 upvotes
My OCZ rebates have both been successful :)
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2006
1551 posts
guys i appreciate all the responses but i even got a call from a manager today... and this is going 5 levels up (cuz every person that says no i ask to speak to someone higher)

and even they said no. :S

the rebate has been denied because of the post marking date...which i have no control over!
Mar 9, 2008
216 posts
I usually spend the $ and send it registered mail if the rebate is large enough. I just cant trust these rebate handling companies.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
FrodoX wrote: guys i appreciate all the responses but i even got a call from a manager today... and this is going 5 levels up (cuz every person that says no i ask to speak to someone higher)

and even they said no. :S

the rebate has been denied because of the post marking date...which i have no control over!
Do you have a photocopy of the rebate form and the envelope you sent it in?
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
FrodoX wrote: yes i have the copy of the form but not the envelope i sent it in.

i mailed the MIR forms in a couple days after i bought the item. it should have been post marked way before 20 days.
Either resend or fax a copy of the MIR forms to them after speaking with a rep. See what happens from there.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
2704 posts
1593 upvotes
Toronto
I've never had a problem OCZ, have done 2 of their rebates.

The last one I sent in, was about 2-3 days before my (I believe its a 30 day after purchasing item) deadline, and sent it in. I did this in February last year and received it around October last year.

Very slow, but I don't understand why they being so picky about being postmarked 1-2 days, it could have easily been lost in the mail before it got postmarked.

Maybe its a different company handling the rebates...

Had more problems with Staples than OCZ.

Don't really think you can do much except keep bugging them... but then think how much time you wasting for that rebate and see if its worth it...
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2006
2462 posts
473 upvotes
Southwestern Ontario
I used to work in the Data Entry end of things for a Rebate Center many years ago... I remember having to pull submissions because customers complain.

If you call in, I'd ask for them to pull your submission... Depending on the company - they will do it.. I know we did it quite a few times. Nothing like skids of mail scattered everywhere looking for one envelope.
Oct 25, 2004
199 posts
1 upvote
I did not have any problems with my OCZ USB key rebate from Canada Computers. I mailed them everything in the specified time frame and I got the cheque 2-3 months later. Getting them the proof of purchase on time is key in getting your rebate
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2004
1267 posts
47 upvotes
If it was postmarked so late I don't think it's a problem with OCZ although admittedly they should extend it beyond 20 days for postmark. It's more on the fault of Canadapost since you said you sent it in a few days after buying it.

I would like to ask how can you be sure that the postmark is put on the envelope as soon as possible since if you just drop it in a mail box thing for it to be mailed out we really don't have any control over it?
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2005
2893 posts
53 upvotes
Crap.. hope this doesn't happen with me. . .

I just bought a OCZ power management device and theres a rebate with it.... I never was too keen on rebates myself, but hope mine goes through.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12013 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg
well its march 19/08 I finally recieved my first rebate from ocz from around nov.21/07
60.99- 35= 25.99
that only took 4 months or 16 weeks exactly the max they said expexted.Lol Well heads up it does come.