Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
NCIX

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W ATX12V SLI CrossFire Ready 80 Plus PSU $35 At NCIX

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 4th, 2010 6:32 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto

[NCIX] OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W ATX12V SLI CrossFire Ready 80 Plus PSU $35 At NCIX

OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ500MXSP 500W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply compatible with core i7

$39 after $20 MIR At Newegg W/$4 shipping

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... -_-Product

Changed title to better NCIX deal
35 replies
Aug 30, 2009
263 posts
85 upvotes
Thanks, idiotcanuck. I was puzzled by your post at first, but I didn't realize that NCIX has free ISUP in Markham now.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8103 upvotes
Thanks OP! :)

I just ordered one from NCIX. I hope it goes through fine. IMO $35 is a steal for this PSU.
Jun 22, 2009
221 posts
32 upvotes
Fort Mac
I picked up the NCIX one last night, along with a $0.49 rechargable PSP battery lol.

It looks like a good PS, hopefully the MIR will iron out.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
speedrun wrote: Thanks, idiotcanuck. I was puzzled by your post at first, but I didn't realize that NCIX has free ISUP in Markham now.
It does make a difference now that you can pick up an NCIX order locally or get them to PM elsewhere and then PU to save shipping.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2006
9820 posts
856 upvotes
Just a note, OCZ PSU don't seem as reliable as other big brand PSU so you do kinda get what you paid for. The performance is fine, just don't expect it to last nearly as long as other big brand PSUs. You can google around for experiences.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2007
3612 posts
2222 upvotes
It says the MIR ends on the 25th - What happens if you dont get it on time then?
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
tnguyenviet wrote: It says the MIR ends on the 25th - What happens if you dont get it on time then?
That's typically the date by which you have to purchase. There is usually 30 days after that for you to submit it.

Edit: 21 days for OCZ.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
2210 posts
283 upvotes
BC
GVRtrader wrote: Just a note, OCZ PSU don't seem as reliable as other big brand PSU so you do kinda get what you paid for. The performance is fine, just don't expect it to last nearly as long as other big brand PSUs. You can google around for experiences.
Depends on the PSU though, OCZ just rebadge the usual high end PSU's (in this case it's a HIGH POWER powersupply). I picked one of these up after reading the review on Hardware Secrets (who tend to do pretty good tear downs of PSUs). Their thoughts were that it was more efficient than the rating implied (should have probably been 80 Plus Bronze), that the voltage regulation was great (sub 3% variances). It also has strict cutoffs for drawing too much power, you won't get more than 600W out of this PSU, but personally I see that as a good thing, rather than blowing something up (if you're running SLI, you should probably buy a $120 Corsair PSU anyway).

Plus mine arrived Friday and it's the first time I've had modular cables. Absolutely love them :D (just a note though, if your PSU sits on the bottom of the case, you might be stretching some of them if you have a big case. Fine for me on the top though)
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
GVRtrader wrote: Just a note, OCZ PSU don't seem as reliable as other big brand PSU so you do kinda get what you paid for. The performance is fine, just don't expect it to last nearly as long as other big brand PSUs. You can google around for experiences.
champdood wrote: Depends on the PSU though, OCZ just rebadge the usual high end PSU's (in this case it's a HIGH POWER powersupply). I picked one of these up after reading the review on Hardware Secrets (who tend to do pretty good tear downs of PSUs). Their thoughts were that it was more efficient than the rating implied (should have probably been 80 Plus Bronze), that the voltage regulation was great (sub 3% variances). It also has strict cutoffs for drawing too much power, you won't get more than 600W out of this PSU, but personally I see that as a good thing, rather than blowing something up (if you're running SLI, you should probably buy a $120 Corsair PSU anyway).

Plus mine arrived Friday and it's the first time I've had modular cables. Absolutely love them :D (just a note though, if your PSU sits on the bottom of the case, you might be stretching some of them if you have a big case. Fine for me on the top though)
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Nov 12, 2008
398 posts
165 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote: Looks like the mail in rebate ends before the instant rebate. So 8/25 is the last day. Lots of stock so far.

http://ajax.ncix.com/checkinventory.php?sku=33041
I just bought this thinking I would have a few weeks before I need to send the rebate.

Does this mean I should send the rebate from (postmarked) by August 25th? Thanks in advance for any helpful clarification.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Careers wrote: I just bought this thinking I would have a few weeks before I need to send the rebate.

Does this mean I should send the rebate from (postmarked) by August 25th? Thanks in advance for any helpful clarification.
No you're OK. You just have to buy one by the 25th to be eligible for the rebate. As above you have 21 days to send it in.
Sorry if that comment above alarmed you. Looking at it again, it's not very specific.
Nov 12, 2008
398 posts
165 upvotes
idiotcanuck wrote: No you're OK. You just have to buy one by the 25th to be eligible for the rebate. As above you have 21 days to send it in.
Sorry if that comment above alarmed you. Looking at it again, it's not very specific.
Thanks for the quick reply. Re-reading your comment, I see what information you were trying to convey.
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Ending 3:00 AM EST 12:00 pacific time, I believe.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8103 upvotes
I just wanted to come back here to thank the OP again.

This PSU is amazing. My entire rig is heavily overclocked, and is running like a champ. I got the Modxtream 600w model and it's completely whisper silent.

Ironically I replaced a dead 700w OCZ PSU with this one.

BTW, you can get the 500w model for around $20 after rebate. I can't vouch for its quality. The store manager dissuaded me from it because my videocard is pretty beefy.
Nov 12, 2008
398 posts
165 upvotes
SickBeast wrote: I just wanted to come back here to thank the OP again.

This PSU is amazing. My entire rig is heavily overclocked, and is running like a champ. I got the Modxtream 600w model and it's completely whisper silent.

Ironically I replaced a dead 700w OCZ PSU with this one.

BTW, you can get the 500w model for around $20 after rebate. I can't vouch for its quality. The store manager dissuaded me from it because my videocard is pretty beefy.
Same here. It runs very quiet, and that alone is well worth the money, being able to focus better while working and sleep in a much more relaxing environment.

Mine is an old system with a coughing PSU and an antiquated VC. So I could easily have gone for something much lower than 600W and potentially save money right now, but this unit will hopefully be useful when I make an upgrade later on.

At any rate the old power supply was 400W for me, which was a bit of surprise, as I thought it was definitely 300W or lower before opening the case. So it was not too much of an overkill after all.

Final thought.. I remember noticing a bit of somewhat high-pitched operational noise 5-10 feet away (not hearing much right beside the computer strangely). Not much volume, but it is just enough to cast doubt into my total satisfaction. Also not entirely sure whether it was from the PSU either, and I plan to investigate the next chance I get.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2002
1479 posts
1392 upvotes
Oversight wrote: I picked up the NCIX one last night, along with a $0.49 rechargable PSP battery lol.

It looks like a good PS, hopefully the MIR will iron out.
Is the 0.49 psp battery online? I don't see it with a search for PSP. I'd love to pick one up at the Markham warehouse if they have it there.

Thanks