Shopping Discussion

OCZ rebate super-slow but finally arrived (19 weeks after mailing)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2011 2:13 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Feb 2, 2008
154 posts
29 upvotes

OCZ rebate super-slow but finally arrived (19 weeks after mailing)

Not sure if this is the right forum but I just want to moan/warn.

Registered for the Vertex 2 $30 rebate Nov 5 (a Friday) and the scan online shows my mail to them was postmarked Nov 8 (Monday). I finally received the MasterCard two days ago, March 21. This is with the "Basic" service level since I don't want them taking additional money just to do their job faster.

[QUOTE]From: ocztechnology@help.4myrebate.com
To: [...]
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 03:22:32 -0500
Subject: Rebate Processed

Dear Brad [...],

We are pleased to inform you that your rebate, with the Basic service level you selected has been processed and approved on 11/29/2010.

Your MasterCard will be mailed within 8-10 weeks . Please contact us if you have any additional questions.[/QUOTE]

It actually took over 12 weeks after that for the "Payment Sent for Processing" status, and it still wasn't mailed at that point (letters don't typically take a month to arrive from the US). I didn't actually note the postmark before disposing of the envelope, silly me.

3 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2009
1701 posts
358 upvotes
Toronto
Don't worry mine took longer, my cheque from evga came in like 3 weeks though
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4497 posts
590 upvotes
Scarborough
Thats about normal time frame for their MIR. Took me another month to finally get a CSR that would re-issue it into cheque form so I could deposit it in the bank. Can't remember now if that cheque ever came or if I ever deposited it :facepalm:

Which reminds me I gotta do the same thing again for my Kumho tires CC MIR that I also got last year.
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b