Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7311 posts
1672 upvotes
Toronto

odd recipes that taste good.

Something i used to love alot,

-slice tomatos and fry them until they start to get really soggy
-slice onions and fry them until the start to carmelize(sp?)
-Put the tomato and the onions on a toasted bagel and add a slice of cheddar cheese. Make sure the stuff is hot enough that the cheese starts to melt.
-add salt and pepper.

the tomato and the onion has to be cooked really well so that there is no more of that raw veggy taste.

This tastes really good, and creates a gowey mess that is so yummy. It actually tastes alot more fatty than it really is.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7311 posts
1672 upvotes
Toronto
Another one is peanut butter on a hotdog.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
I've never tried this but read this recipe somewhere.

Some fancy chefs take bacon fry it until you can still bend it (you have to wrap it around the dates after).

Take some pitted dates (preferably fresh) and stuff them with wither cream cheese ot blue cheese or something, wrap the bacon around the outside and hold it together with a toothpik.
It's supposed to be pretty tasty...someone let me know... :lol:

Dutch people usually put alot of chocolate paste with huge amounts of candy sprikles on their breads and toast for breakfast.

can't think of anything else really odd right now
This user has no signature! :| :| :|
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2006
2941 posts
50 upvotes
toalan wrote:Something i used to love alot,

-Put the tomato and the onions on a toasted bagel and add a slice of cheddar cheese. Make sure the stuff is hot enough that the cheese starts to melt.
-add salt and pepper.

the tomato and the onion has to be cooked really well so that there is no more of that raw veggy taste.

This tastes really good, and creates a gowey mess that is so yummy. It actually tastes alot more fatty than it really is.
It doesn't seem tooo out-of-the-ordinary. It's just like a bruschetta missing half its ingredients :-0
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
4549 posts
2623 upvotes
My friend used to eat peanut butter with anything, some of the weirdest combos were peanut butter and tuna, peanut butter and white rice. :confused:
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2005
8840 posts
Vancouver
dasaylay wrote:It doesn't seem tooo out-of-the-ordinary. It's just like a bruschetta missing half its ingredients :-0
Yeah that's what I was thinking, sounds like a pretty normal variation on some good eats.

Pretty close to bruschetta.. when I made bruschetta, I just butter some halved bread (your choice of type), and put on top a mixture (diced tomatos, garlic powder, oregano, salt+pepper, olive oil) then put some mozzarella on top.. bake it for ~10mins in a hot oven..

Delicious.. this is pretty close to the same thing.
Beans, beans, the magically fruit. The more you eat, the more you toot. The more you toot, the better you feel. So eat your beans at every meal.
Apr 4, 2005
966 posts
22 upvotes
Markham
Mix kethcup and mustard when you have mash potatoes...it turns orange but tastes wicked! =D
Deal Guru
Dec 31, 2005
13306 posts
750 upvotes
From my youth....

Take a Jar of Grape Jelly and a Jar of Heinz Chili sauce...combine with some small meatballs and you have a great meal of sweet and sour meatballs....no kidding...
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1356 posts
145 upvotes
toalan wrote:Another one is peanut butter on a hotdog.
I gotta try this sometime... :D
Nov 15, 2005
109 posts
80 upvotes
i got one!!

toast 2 slices of bread. spread cheeze whiz on one side. cut into 4's, cover entire sandwich in maple syrup. i swear i'm not ********, its soo good.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
6617 posts
1014 upvotes
BC
boonjaca wrote:My friend used to eat peanut butter with anything, some of the weirdest combos were peanut butter and tuna, peanut butter and white rice. :confused:
this is not weird. peanut butter on rice is awesome, i love it!
That's my 2cents worth
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52936 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
boonjaca wrote:My friend used to eat peanut butter with anything, some of the weirdest combos were peanut butter and tuna, peanut butter and white rice. :confused:
weird? possibly... but there is a Thai style of Peanut Satay and if u use tuna as the meat it is a very yummy dish!!!

add the right blend of sprices and your good to go... or buy the pre-made cans of "peanut satay tuna" @ your local grocery store. look for it in the canned fish section.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2001
5275 posts
32 upvotes
...this is not really odd but works well

Mashed potatoes
Mushroom soup...mixed 2parts soup 1 part water...makes a gravy.
Meatballs (beef/chicken/pork)..froz or fresh cooked.

Put heated ingredients together.....
Mushroom gravy on mashed potatoes and meatballs on top.
The gravy works oddly well with the mashed potatoes.

Maybe another thread could be...
foods that works strangely well together...ie eggs and ketchup.
:twisted:
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
3191 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone for blood pudding? Yum :) Bought some to let my boyfriend try, he didn't like it... but it was one of my favourite foods as a child.

(not really a recipe)
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2003
5101 posts
718 upvotes
Ancaster
Peanut butter and apple wedges.

Simple; and good in moderation.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2004
1162 posts
3 upvotes
alkapone wrote: foods that works strangely well together...ie eggs and ketchup.
I always put ketchup on eggs as well as mashed potatoes.
Apr 4, 2005
966 posts
22 upvotes
Markham
tet8suo wrote:I always put ketchup on eggs as well as mashed potatoes.
yah same... :cheesygri or sometimes hot sauce or even both :cheesygri
Aug 6, 2005
238 posts
Orangeville. Ont
My kids love Three Cheese ranch salad dressing on top of their mashed potatoes
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2006
1011 posts
247 upvotes
toalan wrote:Something i used to love alot,

-add salt and pepper.

you stole my recipe :D i usually make this with mushrooms as well. cook it all up, and divide the mixture in half. put one half to the side, and spread the other half evenly on the bottom of a skillet. mix some eggs with a bit of milk and whisk until completely blended. pour the eggs over the tomato/onion/mushroom mixture in the skillet and you have a great omlette. top the omlette off with the remaining tomato/onion/mushroom mixture and some cheddar cheese.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)