4th line 3GB
All with 1000LD mintutes
Total is $180+tax

Is this a good deal?
10 replies
Mar 2, 2017
279 posts
269 upvotes
I'm guessing the "1000LD minutes" is international minutes in addition to unlimited Canada wide?

On average, seems fairly comparable to the offers people are getting in the Virgin migration deals. Not sure if you get the 1000 international minutes with the migration deal and you have to go through the effort of signing up with Lucky first, but you might get a bit more than what you were offered.

Also check out the Zoomer option. Seems to be the darling of RFD at the moment.
[OP]
Oct 21, 2013
294 posts
56 upvotes
North
ddot98 wrote: I'm guessing the "1000LD minutes" is international minutes in addition to unlimited Canada wide?

On average, seems fairly comparable to the offers people are getting in the Virgin migration deals. Not sure if you get the 1000 international minutes with the migration deal and you have to go through the effort of signing up with Lucky first, but you might get a bit more than what you were offered.

Also check out the Zoomer option. Seems to be the darling of RFD at the moment.
Thanks - i'll try zoomer
Hows their signal and service compared to Koodo or virgin? I live in calgary - how is their coverage in the mountains?

EDIT: called zoomer. 6GB for $40.50 plus samsung a20 phones and $100 credit for each line. It sounds tempting but no LD calling available with this plan. This is a deal breaker for me as i use that a lot with my current plan. Even though i can always use whatsapp type calling nowadays, it is quite handy to have the LD mintues with the regular plan.
Mar 2, 2017
279 posts
269 upvotes
vhl111 wrote: Thanks - i'll try zoomer
Hows their signal and service compared to Koodo or virgin? I live in calgary - how is their coverage in the mountains?

EDIT: called zoomer. 6GB for $40.50 plus samsung a20 phones and $100 credit for each line. It sounds tempting but no LD calling available with this plan. This is a deal breaker for me as i use that a lot with my current plan. Even though i can always use whatsapp type calling nowadays, it is quite handy to have the LD mintues with the regular plan.
Telus/Koodo/Public/Bell/Virgin/Lucky all use one tower system. Rogers/Fido/Chatr use a different one. Zoomer is owned by Rogers and runs on the Rogers network. It'll be different, but it's tough to generalize.

Again, when you say Long Distance, are you referring to international minutes?
Dec 13, 2016
755 posts
463 upvotes
GTA
vhl111 wrote: Currently, have 4 lines with koodo - been with them for years

1 st - 8GB with 1000 LD mintues
2nd - 4GB with 1000 LD minutes
3rd - 2GB
4th - talk/text

Total bill is $150+tax

I'm offered this with Virgin

1st and 2nd line 7GB
3rd line 5GB
4th line 3GB
All with 1000LD mintutes
Total is $180+tax

Is this a good deal?
BYOP? or SWEAT PAY?
Former Virgin Mobile Thunder Bay Plan
FreedomMobile 30 GB $50 F&F
DakilangMangingibig
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
14949 posts
11383 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Thought for a second this was "Off Topic", never mind!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
[OP]
Oct 21, 2013
294 posts
56 upvotes
North
ddot98 wrote: Telus/Koodo/Public/Bell/Virgin/Lucky all use one tower system. Rogers/Fido/Chatr use a different one. Zoomer is owned by Rogers and runs on the Rogers network. It'll be different, but it's tough to generalize.

Again, when you say Long Distance, are you referring to international minutes?
Yes - international minutes
[OP]
Oct 21, 2013
294 posts
56 upvotes
North
smgksa wrote: BYOP? or SWEAT PAY?
its not BYOP - they are giving free phones. if i take the phones, then 2 yr contract. If its BYOP, no contract and i dont get the $400 credit for 4 lines. Plans is still $40.50
Dec 13, 2016
755 posts
463 upvotes
GTA
vhl111 wrote: its not BYOP - they are giving free phones. if i take the phones, then 2 yr contract. If its BYOP, no contract and i dont get the $400 credit for 4 lines. Plans is still $40.50
what phones are included?
Former Virgin Mobile Thunder Bay Plan
FreedomMobile 30 GB $50 F&F
DakilangMangingibig
[OP]
Oct 21, 2013
294 posts
56 upvotes
North
smgksa wrote: what phones are included?
Samsung A20 or Huawei P30 lite. I dont need either of those - will sell it.
Mar 2, 2017
279 posts
269 upvotes
vhl111 wrote: Yes - international minutes
Sadly, that might kill the deal if they're on your want list. The flanker brands tend to offer better value for the basics, but they can fall short with more extensive requirements.