[LEGO] Offical Lego Thread - Sales, Deals and Other Chat

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2021 11:20 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
3058 posts
915 upvotes
So in the fresh box I went thru, the 2 that seemed to be the least of were the Genie and the Minotaur with 2 of each. The most abundant by far was Highland Battler and the Surgeon. I had read somewhere that Liberty was hard to find, but there were 3 in the box I was in.

Flamenco Dancer, Legs then the fan
Mechanic, Wrench and Tool Box
Classic Alien, Was the hardest for me...gun and laser, and the head has an elongated base for the neck...this one sucked.
Bandit, Mask and Hat
Minotaur, for me the Axe head was the giveaway, but can also feel for huge head and the very small horns.
Surgeon, needle (with the little nub on the end of it) and xray
Butcher - cleaver and cut of meat
Lady Liberty, Same legs as dancer but the pointy headgear was the giveaway
Sleepyhead, stuffed bear
Leprechaun, big hat and short legs
Genie, the lower torso is very misshaped but still has the standard molds to attach to upper torso
Clockwork Robot, at first, i was searching for the head, but then realized the wind-up key
Roman Soldier, the shield and long spear...
Intergalactic Girl, helmut and visor, then laser gun
Highland Battler, sheild
Skater Girl - skateboard
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2007
4439 posts
109 upvotes
robskot wrote: So in the fresh box I went thru, the 2 that seemed to be the least of were the Genie and the Minotaur with 2 of each. The most abundant by far was Highland Battler and the Surgeon. I had read somewhere that Liberty was hard to find, but there were 3 in the box I was in.

Flamenco Dancer, Legs then the fan
Mechanic, Wrench and Tool Box
Classic Alien, Was the hardest for me...gun and laser, and the head has an elongated base for the neck...this one sucked.
Bandit, Mask and Hat
Minotaur, for me the Axe head was the giveaway, but can also feel for huge head and the very small horns.
Surgeon, needle (with the little nub on the end of it) and xray
Butcher - cleaver and cut of meat
Lady Liberty, Same legs as dancer but the pointy headgear was the giveaway
Sleepyhead, stuffed bear
Leprechaun, big hat and short legs
Genie, the lower torso is very misshaped but still has the standard molds to attach to upper torso
Clockwork Robot, at first, i was searching for the head, but then realized the wind-up key
Roman Soldier, the shield and long spear...
Intergalactic Girl, helmut and visor, then laser gun
Highland Battler, sheild
Skater Girl - skateboard

A box always gurantee 3 sets, while some figs will have 4-5 each, from my experience on boxes I've openned for series 5 and 6. You sure you got an untempered box? From the series 6 box, I found 5 Minotaurs, so I'm 100% sure the distribution varies from box to box but never less than 3 of each fig.

Classic Alien is pretty easy IMO since you feel for the gun parts, then if it doesn't come with anything else it's the alien, otherwise the Intergalctic Gal. ;)
Lady Liberty is the small 2x1 piece she holds, that's the give away IMO.
Leprechaun, u can also feel for the 3 small round studs.
Jan 10, 2010
254 posts
24 upvotes
Victoria
Just an FYI, I use these for parts storage and they are on sale at CDN Tire. They are great because you can remove the small inner bins, rather than trying to get your sausage fingers in the little compartments of typical dollar store style ones with cheap rough edges. Also, they come in red and yellow, I buy the yellow as it's easier to see the pieces.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/6 ... ?locale=en

They don't go on sale too often. Check stock as my local store was cleaned out already and they said they don't often receive them as a regular shipment item.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
3058 posts
915 upvotes
DIODIO wrote: A box always gurantee 3 sets, while some figs will have 4-5 each, from my experience on boxes I've openned for series 5 and 6. You sure you got an untempered box? From the series 6 box, I found 5 Minotaurs, so I'm 100% sure the distribution varies from box to box but never less than 3 of each fig.

Classic Alien is pretty easy IMO since you feel for the gun parts, then if it doesn't come with anything else it's the alien, otherwise the Intergalctic Gal. ;)
Lady Liberty is the small 2x1 piece she holds, that's the give away IMO.
Leprechaun, u can also feel for the 3 small round studs.

I didn't crack it so it's possible... Or maybe my feeling wasn't as good as I thought, but the Minotaur is really hard to miss.

Also just a not TRU at crossiron mills has them too now, but for full price.
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!
Jul 1, 2010
30 posts
4 upvotes
Just thought I would throw in a little from my travels.

I was not able to find any of the battle packs at WM for the stated $6, I tried the Promenade, as well as the HighTeck / Red Maple location.

The Promenade location has some stuff on clearance, nothing too special though, highlights include:

- 2011 Advent calendar for $39.99 (there was only one that I could see left that was whole, as well as one that someone had 'helped' themselves to)
- 3859 Caverns of Nathuz (Lego Heroica) for >$20 (although stated price was the normal $26, was still scanning at @$18)
- Some small Harry Potter sets for a few bucks off.

Looking forward to the sales on the Star Wars Battle Packs.

On a side note, I was able to find a few good sets at Loblaws of all places, all clearance priced.
Dec 16, 2005
54 posts
9 upvotes
Edmonton
Got Mace Windu Jedi fighter for $10 at St. Albert Walmart. They are completely sold out.
Harbor was $45 and Marina was $25 in Spruce Grove. Plenty of stock left. However Mace Windu Jedi fighter was $20.
General Grivious Starfighter was $30 but they had non left so I bought one at Edmonton walmart west for $60 and price adjusted it when I was in Spruce Grove without any problems.
Dec 10, 2003
102 posts
Stepped into the Lawrence & Keele Wal-Mart last night. All the sets mentioned here were present, but I didn't spot any major deals. Grabbed Knight's Bus for $30 (25% off) and Flying Mummy Attack for $15 (Can't find the regular price other than $22USD on ToysRUs.com).

They did have 3-4 boxes of unmolested looking series 6 minifigs. I was sorely tempted, but I've already placed an order on bricklink with Magic Magnus (Thanks amberjill!).

Magic Magnus' are unsealed, but that's fine with me. A couple times a month I'll hide one in one of the lego sets we have and wait for my son to find them (eg in the castle prison or on the lego city bus). I quote "I love it when new guys show up like this!" $85CAD for complete series 5 and series 6 including shipping.
Jul 13, 2011
299 posts
35 upvotes
Windsor
Picked up Lego Pirates of the Caribbean at TRU limeridge in hamilton 19.99 today.
for both wii and 3ds.
Jul 1, 2010
30 posts
4 upvotes
Weekend updates - WM / TRU / ToysToysToys

WM

Promenade location (Center / Bathurst)
- Some Pirates of the Caribbean sets at @ %50 off, not the big ones though
- Bunch of cheap Harry Potter sets, not the big ones
- The usual mark downs on the usual Star Wars sets
- One brand new and marked down Star Wars Advent calendar from 2011 (sealed, not ravaged) for $35

400 / 7 location
- Pretty much the same as above, they had a few Ninjago sets marked down as well

TRU

Steels / Yonge location
- This is the ONLY TRU I have found that still has the 30050 Republic Attack Shuttle - Mini for about $5
- They also have a ton of Series 6 minifigures
- All Technic / Bionic / Alien Conquest is 20% off
- Star Wars Limited Edition the Padawan Menace with Young Han Solo figure, $10!

ToysToysToys

Vaughn Mills location (400 / Rutherford)
- Rip off central. They are claiming to have 40% off all Lego, but in fact, all they have done is take a $16 set, marked it up to $24, and then put it on sale for $16. Pretty sure this is not legal...
Jun 23, 2007
997 posts
1579 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
4got10 wrote: Noticed a few more price drops at my local Wal-mart so I am not sure if it's YMMV

Star Wars

7868 Mace Windu's Jedi Starfighter $20.00
8095 General Grievous’ Starfighter $30.00
7959 Geonosian Starfighter $15.00
8085 Freeco Speeder $17.50
8083 Rebel Trooper Battle Pack $6.00
8084 Snow Trooper Battle Pack $6.00

Alien Conquest

7050 Alien Defender $6.00
7067 Jet-Copter Encounter $25.00

City

4644 Marina $25.00
4645 Harbour $45.00

There were also some Hero Factory and Cars 2 sets marked down but I don't remember how much they were. My store had lots of Mace Windu Starfighter and I have seen lots of them in wal-mart so that one should be fairly easy to find.

Good luck in your search.

Thanks, just popped in. There were two Harbour and 1 Marina left. Plenty of Series 6 minifigs on the end of the lego aisle.
Dec 16, 2005
54 posts
9 upvotes
Edmonton
Got Bounty Hunter Gunship (7930) for $33 at Walmart. :)
Jun 19, 2005
269 posts
38 upvotes
cocoman1 wrote: Weekend updates - WM / TRU / ToysToysToys

ToysToysToys

Vaughn Mills location (400 / Rutherford)
- Rip off central. They are claiming to have 40% off all Lego, but in fact, all they have done is take a $16 set, marked it up to $24, and then put it on sale for $16. Pretty sure this is not legal...

Visited the ToysToysToys in TD Centre. Definitely marked up by about 20-30%. "Off All Lego" was crossed out and they had only the Alien sets, a few kingdom sets and a few city sets. I asked and they said only what's on the 2 racks they had out. On the flipside, they had the new Star Wars Lego sets for 2012 all out on display and the mini planet sets as well...of course all way over priced (and not on sale of course).
Apr 22, 2007
6 posts
Has anyone seen minifigure series 6 at any walmarts in GTA yet?
Oct 9, 2004
981 posts
192 upvotes
Mississauga
Mississauga new Walmart @ Dixie/Dundas got 3 boxes of series 6
Phone: Koodo LG G3
Jun 19, 2005
269 posts
38 upvotes
xoreg wrote: Has anyone seen minifigure series 6 at any walmarts in GTA yet?

Surprisingly the Super Walmart at Warden and Eglinton had a box the other day. The store clerk had no idea where it was since it was no where near the Lego section. I found it along the back shelf of toys at the far left. However, it might have been re-located since then. Good luck.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
1143 posts
196 upvotes
Yeah I saw that on toys n bricks last week. I was hesitant to post it here because with these coupon codes I'm not sure if excessive use would result in it being deactivated.

I got one of the new batman sets with one of the coupons, the tie fighter with another and the new heavy lift helicopter with a third coupon. I think I calculated that even with having to pay shipping and taxes at barnes and noble, a canadian store would need around 35-40% off msrp to match what I paid.
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106500 upvotes
Richmond Hill
redjl wrote: Not sure if this was posted or not, but Barnes and Noble is having a sale right now, plus a coupon can be added. http://www.thebricklife.com/barnes-and- ... 2012-lego/

I just ordered the new Star Wars Tie Figther, shipped to Canada it was $44 total. Not bad when TRU lists it for $69.99 up here.

Looks like the code is only good for the most expensive item in your cart, so if you want more than one set (I was trying for both the X-Wing and the Tie-Fighter) you'll have to split up your order.

Thanks for posting this!
Bulwark wrote: Yeah I saw that on toys n bricks last week. I was hesitant to post it here because with these coupon codes I'm not sure if excessive use would result in it being deactivated.

I got one of the new batman sets with one of the coupons, the tie fighter with another and the new heavy lift helicopter with a third coupon. I think I calculated that even with having to pay shipping and taxes at barnes and noble, a canadian store would need around 35-40% off msrp to match what I paid.
Yeah, for the 9492 Tie, it worked out to like 44% off compared to TRU (taxes in, but not including TRU shipping)

Did they only charge you the federal portion of the HST (i.e. only 5%)?
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)

Thread Information

There are currently 12 users viewing this thread. (7 members and 5 guests)

Brickguy, DealFinderz, JeremyC18806, RestIsHistory, Zender, lukecs, nebiopassat