Jan 15, 2004
6241 posts
939 upvotes
No way I’m buying the Lambo for $500
Aug 10, 2010
313 posts
142 upvotes
Calgary
codtongues wrote: I am surprised nobody mentioned the LEGO Technic Liebherr R 9800 Excavator 42100 for $449.97 at Walmart Your text to link here...
Had been that price on Costco & Amazon for a while, looks like they both our out of stock though so this is a good new place to find it. I fancied it but couldn't justify that while I'm also keen on the Bugatti.
Jun 25, 2018
12 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
codtongues wrote: I am surprised nobody mentioned the LEGO Technic Liebherr R 9800 Excavator 42100 for $449.97 at Walmart Your text to link here...
Great find thanks, I had been looking for who still had in stock. had been watching it for awhile and was suprised when I saw it oos at Costco. Was waiting for a deal like we saw with bwe as this is one I am also after (mix it with some of the city mining range for nice mining moc) Have been trying to convince my wife that since I missed ninjago docks I shoudl be able to buy this as the prices for the docks to buy now is getting pretty close to the $450 mark
Hope over experience
Sep 30, 2009
371 posts
94 upvotes
Mississauga
Ralphael wrote: With my phone call to Costco last year I accidentally discovered that it was actually Lego the company themselves who manages the lego portion of the costco website on what lego products to sell and at what prices. It is Lego themselves that also uses Costco's UPS shipping system to ship out the Lego sets from a slightly different location than their main Lego warehouse. Yes I am absolutely sure of my info as it is direct word of mouth from the Costco Customer Service representative that Costco themselves have absolutely no control on what lego products are being sold from the Costco Webpage. Even the stock that is on the warehouse floor of Costco all belongs to the LEGO company themselves, in other words it isn't stock that is bought by Costco at basement prices for resale; Costco does not stock up on LEGO sets at the costco warehouse.

So what you are seeing at 4am in the Morning when a Millium Falcon pops up for $750 is someone at LEGO Canada company playing with you. You can see the flux of stock between Costco and other places like ToysRUS has a sale and the costco stock goes down. I don't know whether LEGO controls the stock at ToysRUS but I do know that the number of LEGO sets offer by the Costco Website drops significantly whenever other stores has a sale, especially during the christmas/black friday/New Year and so on.

Yes the Costco Customer Representative told me all this info when I asked them to try to stock the english version of the EV3 and they put me on hold while they apparently contacted the LEGO Vendor. The CS told me that they have no control over the lego stock. Apparently all the stock at costco are by 3rd party meaning the stock like Sony TVs are actually being sold by a Sony Canada representative company themselves, Dyson products are sold by the Dyson Canada Representative Company and so on. They did ask the LEGO rep to get the EV3 in english but apparently the LEGO rep had a lot of French versions so the answer was "no" to my question.

Recently I contacted Dyson directly regarding how the Dyson Air filter that was being sold at Costco doesn't match the Dyson air purifier that Costco is selling and how everyone was stating that in the comments about buying the wrong filter. With that one phone call, the air filter that was listed on the Costco website was changed recently to the proper air filter for the Dyson air purifier that was being sold, showing again that the portion of the costco website are controlled directly by the representing companies themselves.

It is the LEGO Canada shop that is teasing you with random pop ups of lego sets. I bet there is a bunch of lego workers making bets on how fast a lego set will sell out.
In support of your info.
I just tried to cancel a LEGO order from Costco and received this...

“Unfortunately, this item has already shipped from our partner vendor and cannot be cancelled.”

Hours later I received shipping notice from Costco.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4174 posts
2752 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Tempting about the Lambo. Will go nicely with my Chiron and gt3rs.
Current Fido customer.
Ex Koodo customer.
Jul 14, 2014
241 posts
72 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Premium wrote: Is this legit? If so, any release date? I am so interested. Just finished building the Buggati, Porsche GT2, GT3RS, and Batmobile...
I've heard June 1st
Images
  • dims.jpeg
  • dims (1).jpeg
  • dims (2).jpeg
  • dims (3).jpeg
  • dims (4).jpeg
  • dims (5).jpeg
  • dims (6).jpeg
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11289 posts
1591 upvotes
Vancouver
That stadium has me thinking LEGO again. Where is the best variety of LEGO ? Does the LEGO site have everything available? They must shift products from time to time? Or discontinue some items?

I’m always interested in any sports stadium etc. Cars. Planes. Police cars etc etc.

Thanks
Jan 17, 2018
104 posts
98 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote: That stadium has me thinking LEGO again. Where is the best variety of LEGO ? Does the LEGO site have everything available? They must shift products from time to time? Or discontinue some items?

I’m always interested in any sports stadium etc. Cars. Planes. Police cars etc etc.

Thanks
Lego would typically be your best place to find every set but with Coronavirus hitting in, people have acted on the uncontrollable urge to spend money. So 50% of the sets are out of stock/on backorder. Most desirable sets are unavailable everywhere as well, with the closure of the Lego Mexico factory the stock has run dry.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
6241 posts
939 upvotes
I think it’s a production issue plus the demand. I’m glad I have tons of unopened Lego sets to build. Finished the UCS MF about a month ago.
Dec 5, 2006
146 posts
57 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote: That stadium has me thinking LEGO again. Where is the best variety of LEGO ? Does the LEGO site have everything available? They must shift products from time to time? Or discontinue some items?

Thanks
The very first post has a summary of best places to buy and discounts to look out for. In normal times, you can count on Toys R Us to have lots of selection and rotating 20% off deals. Not many deals around right now. Costco.ca is also a good place to check. And of course, deals are always posted on this forum
Mar 21, 2008
808 posts
242 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

Thanks
I recommend buying 2-3 smaller sets at toys r us from various themes... build them, and then pause for a week before going too deep into it... once you start back on lego you will be hooked and there is no turning back... ask all the other ppl on here, especially AFOL’s... lego is extremely addictive...

Start with the $25 ferrari speed champions car, maybe luke’s landspeeder $40, (or harry potter knight bus $50... a couple bucks less at costco.ca) and one of the smaller technic sets... the $25 city ice cream set is fun too and will fit nicely into a future city build if you go down that road. you will be in for around $100-$150 and have a nice selection... most people pick one theme and stick with it so it’s good to try a bit of everything before getting too deep into one theme

one more thing to add... consider signing up for a VIP account at lego online... you get 5% back in points... plus if you spend $85 or more tomorrow you will get two free bonus sets...

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

Brickguy, spooky