Ongoing Deal Discussion

[LEGO] Offical Lego Thread - Sales, Deals and Other Chat

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2020 1:12 pm
Sep 4, 2007
611 posts
187 upvotes
n3ko wrote: They are still giving away the free Beach Buggy (30369).
This morning both freebies appeared in my cart. After midnight the buggy is no longer there.
Jul 14, 2014
241 posts
72 upvotes
Oakville, ON
green_paper wrote:

Here's why they choose lime green, and I agree:
I think it was just easier for Lego to keep it lime green - since previous sets already used lime green i.e Claas
Jul 14, 2014
241 posts
72 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Ralphael wrote:
I have at least a couple of years to re-buy these sets if I'm so inclined and probably at a sale price. The $500 price is really too steep for a lego set. Although I have bought other sets that are just as outrageous, this set, for some reason is the last straw in pulling at my heart strings and making me pay for my hobby; $400 maybe but not $500.
I think when people see a shortage of supply it increases demand - im fairly new to lego but last couple years I was awaiting the release of both 42082 Rough Terrain Crane and 42100 Liebherr - when they were initially released there was definitely a shortage of supply - now a little while later they are still available to buy with multiple discounts here and there

I think you made a wise decision and if you can wait the lambo should have some sale in the near future - 2 years later the bugatti is still for sale so I dont see Lego running out of stock anytime soon
Jan 17, 2011
91 posts
132 upvotes
Vancouver
Do NOT BUY. They have the Ferrari F8 Tribute, the 1985 Audi Sport Quattro and the 1974 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0 at Costco, all at $2 to $5 MORE than the LEGO Store

Trickery!!

However they do have 80 stormtrooper helmet for $10 less than the Lego Store plus the Lego Store is OOS.
Last edited by Ralphael on Jun 3rd, 2020 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
3954 posts
2025 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Ralphael wrote: Do NOT BUY. They have the the Ferrari F8 Tribute, the 1985 Audi Sport Quattro and the 1974 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0 at Costco, all at $2 to $5 MORE than the LEGO Store

Trickery!!

However they do have 80 stormtrooper helmet for $10 less than the Lego Store plus the Lego Store is OOS.
They might be there to be included as Bonus items, and/or cheap stuff on Costco.ca can be more expensive because it's including shipping.
Oct 18, 2006
306 posts
69 upvotes
I think you're spot on, they're probably preparing to include them as a bonus item. Also, I already got the Ferrari and Audi from ToysRUs using the spend $75 get $15 coupon, so I highly doubt you'd be able to get it cheaper than that.
b0ne wrote: They might be there to be included as Bonus items, and/or cheap stuff on Costco.ca can be more expensive because it's including shipping.
Jul 14, 2014
241 posts
72 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Does anyone know of someone in Canada that sells spare Lego pieces?

Bought a used set and as I was disassembling, found a broken part

Lego part number is 4211865
Images
  • IMG_20200603_175721.jpg
Apr 3, 2006
434 posts
71 upvotes
Vancouver
abkdt41 wrote: Does anyone know of someone in Canada that sells spare Lego pieces?

Try Bricklink and look for a Canadian seller
Oct 2, 2016
464 posts
160 upvotes
abkdt41 wrote: Does anyone know of someone in Canada that sells spare Lego pieces?

I think Lego offers free replacement for missing/broken parts. If you think it is due to your own fault and do not want to exploit their policy, try bricklink and restrict to Canadian seller.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2004
1149 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
zhaobinis1 wrote: I think Lego offers free replacement for missing/broken parts. If you think it is due to your own fault and do not want to exploit their policy, try bricklink and restrict to Canadian seller.
I thought I lost one peice and sent in a request to Lego and they sent me that one single peice....very minor no charge.

Not sure if they have different expectations for different sets based on release date though but they were very good about it all via online request.
Apr 7, 2018
5 posts
Can't seem to check out at Costco as non-member now? It keeps prompting me to add membership card number at checkout.

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 2 guests)

penguin1234, dayfornight, Rapier Phoenix, y26day