Ongoing Deal Discussion

[LEGO] Offical Lego Thread - Sales, Deals and Other Chat

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 11:03 pm
Sep 15, 2020
107 posts
35 upvotes
Got my BB Y-wing today (thanks @shneebs ).

Packaged on a mailer bubble envelope. Box was not crushed, but front had some kind of (sticker?) damage. Can't complain much at that price...

BB will credit my CC for wrongfully applied shipping charges.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1523 posts
803 upvotes
Westbeachbc wrote: Lego 75954 Hogwarts Great Hall is down to $107.97 to match the Toys R Us sale price. I was searching the lowest price and realized Prime Day had this down to $8x.xx which I didn't see the thread for. Holding out for (BF?) sub-$100 deal.

https://www.amazon.ca/LEGO-Potter-Hogwa ... 157&sr=8-4
Thanks for the post ^^ same with the star wars set ie. https://www.amazon.ca/LEGO-Star-Wars-Sl ... 96&sr=8-39 similar to prime day prices if anyone missed it around $153? MSRP is 174.99 if i remember right and also Grevious Ship at 101.87 MSRP 119 (15% off). seems warm.. may hold off for better discounts
Aug 26, 2020
295 posts
248 upvotes
priceman wrote: if your purchase is $100 or more wait for black friday
Chubnyah wrote: It is low value, but its also tied to purchases for $35 and above vs the mindstorm one was $100 and above. Like Priceman said, wait it out.. suspected charles dickens is a GWP which either lands in Nov or December is the guess. I'm holding off on purchases right now for either a sale outside lego website or at least waiting for a solid GWP before buying again
I'm looking to do some early xmas shopping for kids. I actually don't know too much about Lego sets and their rarity. Do you guys think the Hedwig set will sell out before Black Fri? I noticed some in demand sets are either OOS or Backordered until after xmas...
Aug 25, 2011
60 posts
114 upvotes
Calgary
Westbeachbc wrote: Lego 75954 Hogwarts Great Hall is down to $107.97 to match the Toys R Us sale price. I was searching the lowest price and realized Prime Day had this down to $8x.xx which I didn't see the thread for. Holding out for (BF?) sub-$100 deal.

https://www.amazon.ca/LEGO-Potter-Hogwa ... 157&sr=8-4
I purchased this set last year for $59.99 from Amazon on Nov 29 (based on my price history). If memory serves me right this was a lightening deal that didn't last very long.
Oct 3, 2005
421 posts
138 upvotes
spiderman1234 wrote: I'm looking to do some early xmas shopping for kids. I actually don't know too much about Lego sets and their rarity. Do you guys think the Hedwig set will sell out before Black Fri? I noticed some in demand sets are either OOS or Backordered until after xmas...
I find that this year’s stock levels has been really erratic. At this point, I would buy something that you could possibly return later.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
1067 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
Alot of people got into LEGO this year, I don't expect any incredible deals like we've seen in the past, but who knows. It is 2020 afterall
Oct 14, 2020
209 posts
80 upvotes
green_paper wrote: I find that this year’s stock levels has been really erratic. At this point, I would buy something that you could possibly return later.
this - it should also be noted that i think legos return policy is now up to 180 days vs 90 days which is pretty crazy
Jul 12, 2020
21 posts
10 upvotes
The Lego store calendar for November 2020 promos just got published...
https://www.lego.com//cdn/cs/stores/ass ... ormat=pjpg

Free El Fuego's Stunt Cannon with purchases over $35: Offer valid 10/26/2020 – 11/01/2020 in LEGO Stores and LEGO.com
Free Exclusive LEGO® Star Wars™ Han Solo™ Carbonite Metal Keychain (5006363) with VIP purchases of $100 or more in LEGO Star Wars™ merchandise only
Aug 26, 2020
295 posts
248 upvotes
green_paper wrote: I find that this year’s stock levels has been really erratic. At this point, I would buy something that you could possibly return later.
Thanks. Do you know if you have to pay for shipping out of pocket? That was my understanding when I was reading the return policy.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1028 posts
339 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
TheBlue_AFOL wrote: The Lego store calendar for November 2020 promos just got published...
https://www.lego.com//cdn/cs/stores/ass ... ormat=pjpg

Free El Fuego's Stunt Cannon with purchases over $35: Offer valid 10/26/2020 – 11/01/2020 in LEGO Stores and LEGO.com
Free Exclusive LEGO® Star Wars™ Han Solo™ Carbonite Metal Keychain (5006363) with VIP purchases of $100 or more in LEGO Star Wars™ merchandise only
The keychain is neat but $100 is a very high threshold in order to get it... I dunno...
Jul 12, 2020
21 posts
10 upvotes
priceman wrote: The keychain is neat but $100 is a very high threshold in order to get it... I dunno...
Agreed, and it needs to be Star Wars sets. I usually try to limit myself to the "clone wars" subtheme so that it's manageable, so I'll probably pass on this one.
Last edited by TheBlue_AFOL on Oct 26th, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 14, 2020
209 posts
80 upvotes
priceman wrote: The keychain is neat but $100 is a very high threshold in order to get it... I dunno...
Agreed - really high price point for a keychain. Not sure what value those hold typically....
Sep 15, 2020
107 posts
35 upvotes
LOL. Imagine buying the Cantina (if it was not TOOS) and getting a keychain Face With Tears Of Joy
Jul 13, 2018
13 posts
14 upvotes
Imagine buying the Cantina and only getting the Cantina (no keychain, or VIP points).
Sep 7, 2009
100 posts
23 upvotes
Markham
Do new set sold in store on day 1? Trying to get sesame street set as a gift, usually I buy online but don't want to risk shipping. Thanks

Thread Information

There are currently 10 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 5 guests)

Scrinner, snackk, Talktomy9Iron, maniac_cop, lukecs