Entertainment

The Official RFD LEGO General Discussion Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 7:26 pm
Nov 20, 2016
312 posts
364 upvotes
Victoria BC
Just a heads up - I found a Chima fun pack at Dollarama this weekend. This was the one: https://shop.lego.com/en-CA/LEGO-DIMENS ... Pack-71232

This might be old news since we seem to get Dollarama deals really late out west, but I figured it was worth mentioning anyways! :) I didn't see any Chima sets back when the Simpsons/Lego Movie sets were plentiful.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
2627 posts
1427 upvotes
burlington, on
I heard some dollarama was stocking up again most of the fun packs
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
cayolargo wrote: I heard some dollarama was stocking up again most of the fun packs
Ya,Eris,Laval and Gimli.
Almost every Dollarama in Mississauga have them in stock.
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Oct 22, 2011
279 posts
373 upvotes
Production way costco in Burnaby for set 41128 $9.97 lego and friends Amusement park space ride

Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2017
1331 posts
960 upvotes
Montreal, QC
FaF costumes rumored to be included in the upcoming 70922 Wayne/Joker Manor set.
Hope we can get more information about the manor in the NYCC next weekend...
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2017
1331 posts
960 upvotes
Montreal, QC
When did Costco usually have those microfighters 3 in 1 super pack in the last few years? I am wondering if they will still have it this year...
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2017
1331 posts
960 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Just talked about it, then it was officially announced...
70922 The Joker Manor - $349.99 CAD.
Sadly it's not a Wayne Manor but the Joker's version...
Not sure if I am gonna buy it, as I've spend over $40 to buy the same versions of Harley Quinn/Joker/Barbara minifigures from bricklink, but I really want the those FaF costumes/Nightwing suit/Disco Batman...
Maybe moc it into a Wayne Manor myself...
70922 The Joker™ Manor
Ages 14+. 3,444 pieces.
US $269.99 – CA $349.99 – DE 269.99€ – UK £249.99 – DK 2299.00 DKK
*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Dare to enter The Joker™ Manor!

Help Batman™, Barbara Gordon, Alfred Pennyworth™ (in his classic Batsuit) and Nightwing™ regain control of the jokerized Wayne Manor with this massive THE LEGO® BATMAN MOVIE set. The Joker™ Manor is packed with iconic details from the movie and cool functions, including a rollercoaster encircling the whole building, a huge buildable The Joker head with trapdoor and slide, punching boxing gloves, a rocking ‘The Joker’ sign and rotating ‘big eye’ tower. The interior includes a cinema room with a romantic DVD element, kitchen with buildable microwave plus lobster and lemon-slice decorated tile elements, living room with a buildable grand piano, fireplace and bust, swimming pool room, and a music studio with guitar element and buildable mixing desk and loudspeakers. Build this magnificent manor and then recreate your favorite scenes from the movie with 10 included minifigures.
• Includes 10 minifigures: The Joker™, Batman™, Barbara Gordon, Harley Quinn™, Nightwing™, Alfred Pennyworth™ Classic Batsuit, Disco Batman™, Disco The Joker™, Disco Batgirl™ and Disco Robin™.
• Features a grand entrance flanked by 2 buildable bombs with translucent spark-style elements, 2-level and 3-level towers with turrets and flag elements on top, a rollercoaster track and train with 3 cars (each with a minifigure seat), rotating ‘big eye’ tower with lever-operated iris to ‘look’ up and down, huge buildable The Joker™ head with trapdoor and slide, rocking ‘The Joker’ sign, ‘Ha! Ha!’ sign, 2 wheel-operated punching boxing gloves, plus many multicolored, translucent light-style decorative elements.
• Activate the trapdoor to send a minifigure tumbling from the top of the The Joker™ head, down the slide and out through the mouth.
• Interior includes an entrance hall with 4 plastic, bendy ‘mirror’ elements; living room with a buildable grand piano and stool, bust, and fireplace with translucent-red fire-style elements; cinema room with a screen, minifigure seat and assorted elements including a romantic DVD; kitchen with cup, pot and pan elements, and a buildable microwave with lobster, lemon and plate elements inside; music studio with a buildable mixing desk and loudspeakers, seat and a guitar element; swimming pool room with translucent-blue water-style elements; and an attic with 2 buildable boxes and a rat figure.
• Weapons include Batman’s Batarang, Barbara Gordon’s revolver and Harley Quinn’s bat.
• Disco Batman™, Disco The Joker™, Disco Batgirl™ and Disco Robin™ minifigures are new!
• Recreate and reimagine memorable scenes from THE LEGO® BATMAN MOVIE.
• The Joker™ Manor measures over 21” (55cm) high, 25” (66cm) wide and 10” (27cm) deep.
• Rollercoaster train measures over 1” (3cm) high, 5” (15cm) long and 1” (3cm) wide.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2004
2113 posts
79 upvotes
^ Cool set and figures but not the price
WTB: TUBE of Bison and Antelope (Milk spot free)
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2017
1331 posts
960 upvotes
Montreal, QC
dOuble O wrote: ^ Cool set and figures but not the price
Totally agree! Though it has 3444 pieces, not bad price per piece rate for a TLBM theme.
Plus, NINJAGO City is also $349.99 CAD, but it's $299.99 USD, and this one is just $269.99 USD.
Jul 26, 2005
383 posts
170 upvotes
podball wrote: When did Costco usually have those microfighters 3 in 1 super pack in the last few years? I am wondering if they will still have it this year...
They may not have it this year, saw 2 combo packs in US Costco last week for USD24 each. IIRC, Rebel Trooper + First Order and Bounty Hunter Speeder Bike + Resistance Trooper battle packs. Didn't take pictures, running through just before closing.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2017
1331 posts
960 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Next week's TRU LEGO deals (Sept 29 ~ Oct 5):

All $64.99 and under Ninjago sets (including the Ninjago Movie sets, but not the CMF series) 20% off
All $149.99 and under Minecraft sets 20% off
All $64.99 and under Nexo Knights sets 20% off
All LEGO Car 3 sets 20% off

Free Ninjago Minifigure Collection when you spend $75 or more on any LEGO sets
Free Ninjago Kai's Dojo Pod when you spend $30 or more on any LEGO sets

Hope they will have deals on Creator/Technic/Batman Movie sets the week after......
Last edited by podball on Sep 26th, 2017 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
4012 posts
715 upvotes
swales wrote: Thanks, was able to snag one. Now hopefully Walmart doesn't butcher the box
So Saturn V arrived and of course Wal-Mart didn't pack the box properly and one corner of the box is creased and has a small dent. I wish these stores would get their act together when it comes to shipping.
Oct 2, 2016
680 posts
445 upvotes
haihai wrote: I am new to Lego technic series, which one would u recommend and at what price point?
Depends on how deep you want to be dragged into the "hole". From the price point of view, all 42055, 42054, 42070, 42069, 42068, 42052, 42053 are good price and you can but them right now. It is very unlikely you will find a price that is lower than what they are right now. You can wait on 42063 to go 20-30% off retail. For 42050, just forget about it. Garbage set even worse than 42070 if you ask me, unless you are into those Tumbler tires.

Quality-wise, it really depends on your personal preference. In chronological order, 42070 is the biggest letdown of 2017, despite being the flagship of the year. Poor design, tragic color, way overpriced. 42068 is OK for display purpose, not much plability though. 42069 is the best one among 3 and considering it is 30% off I would suggest getting this one. 42063 is a good set especially if you are a bimmer fan like I am. 2016 is a big year for Technic, lots of good ones. 42054 is a must buy. 42055 is the largest Technic ever and it is marvelous in my opinion. Some people criticize its single-moter design and lack of accuracy to the real machine, but I find it a good set. 42053 and 42052 are both good sets. Personally I did not buy them because of my financial condition (aka not enough money to spend on plastic toys). 42050 is garbage.

Other than what is on costco.ca, there are many more other classic sets that you can consider, like 42030, 42043 and 42009 to name a few.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
2627 posts
1427 upvotes
burlington, on
swales wrote: So Saturn V arrived and of course Wal-Mart didn't pack the box properly and one corner of the box is creased and has a small dent. I wish these stores would get their act together when it comes to shipping.
I ordered few times at Walmart and never a problem, maybe lucky!?
I cant say the same for mastermind : 2 of 2 orders with boxes in orrible shape

If I will buy Saturn I want it in perfect conditions because I will keep it in box and maybe resell one day

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 2 guests)

Izzzzy, iforgotmymeds, Ray Oliver, sparrow7612