• May 6th, 2021 4:40 pm
Tags:
[OP]
May 22, 2018
241 posts
532 upvotes

Office chair

Budget around $200-400.

Was looking at Staples Hyken a bit. How is the build quality on those?
3 replies
Apr 22, 2021
23 posts
28 upvotes
Build quality for the Hyken is very good. I have had it for 2 years now with no issues. The only problem I have is that the rubber on my left armrest has started to peel from the front, but that might just be messing around with it when I am bored.
I can always just buy third-party replacement armrests from Amazon.

I bought my Hyken for $139.99. Staples has sales on their office chairs 2 times or so a year. All their office chairs go ~50% off at that time. If you can wait until then, you should definitely wait. I remember buying mine in May, so I think there should be a sale soon, maybe around May 15.

If you look at these two posts, you will see that May seems to be the general trend for sales:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bapcsalescanad ... alf_price/

staples-staples-hyken-ergonomic-mesh-ch ... 2376985/2/
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2003
2169 posts
301 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
My chair of 20 years broke. I've been waiting for a sale on the hyken since I found out about it 2 months ago. As per my research, it usually goes on sale in May. Fingers crossed.
Jan 6, 2004
698 posts
151 upvotes
Vancouver
i have looked at few office liquidations or even FB marketplace and seen some really good prices on high end office chairs for half off or 1/3 the price. Not sure what that's like in your area, or if you are even into used condition.