Shopping Discussion

[Office Chair] Hyken Not on Sale! What's Next Best ?

• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2021 10:35 am
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 22, 2020
19 posts
36 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[Office Chair] Hyken Not on Sale! What's Next Best ?

Hello,

I was waiting for Staples Hyken to go on Sale by mid May as per previous trends but it has not been put on sale this time :( Now what is the next best office chair which is on Sale at the moment on Staples ?

Any suggestions ? Budget is upto $250

Thanks
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2013
1381 posts
877 upvotes
CALGARY
Have been waiting badly. Looking for other options as well. Someone mentioned it would be on sale in May, but nothing as of now.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2003
2169 posts
301 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
If people get pissed off and don't buy it cause it's not on sale, they're going to have a lot of inventory left. It'll go on sale eventually. I'd still give it another 1 more week. They might surprise us.

I refuse to buy this chair unless it's on sale. It's literally marked up 100%. The sale price of this chair was its original price the first few years when it came out.

Luckily, I found another chair I could use for now since my old chair broke.

It's so stupid. The annual chair sale in May in the USA has the HYKEN on sale for 139.99USD after coupons! If you convert that to CDN that's only $170! Too bad they don't ship to Canada. And borders are closed right now or could just go over the border quickly to a nearby Staples in the US to grab one.
Last edited by MilkyWind on May 20th, 2021 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2003
2169 posts
301 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
MayankY21823 wrote: Hello,

I was waiting for Staples Hyken to go on Sale by mid May as per previous trends but it has not been put on sale this time :( Now what is the next best office chair which is on Sale at the moment on Staples ?

Any suggestions ? Budget is upto $250

Thanks
If you desperately need a chair right now, people have recommended the mesh chair from IKEA or a mesh chair from Costco. You should always try it out in store before you buy it.

https://www.costco.ca/mesh-metrex-iv-of ... 02869.html

[OP]
Dec 22, 2020
19 posts
36 upvotes
Montreal, QC
MilkyWind wrote: If people get pissed off and don't buy it cause it's not on sale, they're going to have a lot of inventory left. It'll go on sale eventually. I'd still give it another 1 more week. They might surprise us.

I refuse to buy this chair unless it's on sale. It's literally marked up 100%. The sale price of this chair was its original price the first few years it came out.

It's so stupid. The annual chair sale in May in the USA has the HYKEN on sale for 139.99USD after coupons! If you convert that to CDN that's only $170! Too bad they don't ship to Canada. And borders are closed right now or could just go over the border quickly to a nearby Staples in the US to grab one.
I wish people boycott this chair until it's on sale Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes I have a pretty chair from Wayfair but its not at all comfortable I wanted to return it & buy Hyken. I'll probably wait for a week and see what happens.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
6192 posts
2175 upvotes
Montreal
MilkyWind wrote: If people get pissed off and don't buy it cause it's not on sale, they're going to have a lot of inventory left. It'll go on sale eventually. I'd still give it another 1 more week. They might surprise us.

I refuse to buy this chair unless it's on sale. It's literally marked up 100%. The sale price of this chair was its original price the first few years it came out.

Office furniture has been in high demand, especially as more and more companies are chipping in to cover costs. I'm willing to bet that Staples is selling enough of these at full price that they're not worried about inventory issues or sales.
Jul 7, 2020
362 posts
183 upvotes
I would invest in it anyway if you can afford it. I just got this same chair recently and it's making a big difference for me in terms of pain and stiffness in my back and hips. I also have a memory foam foot rest for improved ergonomics since I have to keep the chair elevated to its highest position since my desk is quite high.