• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2020 4:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1233 posts
36 upvotes

Office or gaming chair recommendations

Looking to purchase a new chair for my work desk. I haven't decided if i want to go with a gaming chair or office chair. Looking for some recommendations on either. Budget is around 250
12 replies
Dec 20, 2020
7 posts
7 upvotes
See thebrick flyer. Its has Artemis gaming chair for $149.
Screenshot_20201221-092808_Chrome~2.jpg
Nov 19, 2020
8 posts
17 upvotes
I find any chair that has the word "gaming" in it extremely uncomfortable. really you just want a office chair that you can sit comfortably in for long periods of time.
the usual recommendations in that price range is the Staples Hyken or Ikea Marcus. Watch for sales, I got my Hyken for around $150+tax and it has served me well.
Dec 21, 2007
776 posts
236 upvotes
Scarborough
Personally I am looking at the Noblechairs Hero...but hoping for a boxing day sale to bring the price down. Seems like RFD has posted sales in the past, but I haven't seen anything recently.

In terms of gaming chairs, the Noblechairs Hero and the SecretLabs Titan are probably the only two I'd consider, but that's me. My 10 year old "$150 Staples wonder" is starting to fall apart, so I'll need to get something soon-ish.
I am the Stig's brother's cousin's friend's former roommate.
Jul 28, 2018
177 posts
139 upvotes
Highly recommend the MyoChair from Autonomous. I bought it during Black Friday and the build quality is good. I even got the headrest and footrest attachment. They’re also having a Holiday sale and if you play their game, you can earn credits to reduce the total you pay. I did this with their Black Friday version called Flappy Rex. I paid around ~$250 all in (shipping and taxes). The shipping was actually free.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1233 posts
36 upvotes
Error416 wrote: Highly recommend the MyoChair from Autonomous. I bought it during Black Friday and the build quality is good. I even got the headrest and footrest attachment. They’re also having a Holiday sale and if you play their game, you can earn credits to reduce the total you pay. I did this with their Black Friday version called Flappy Rex. I paid around ~$250 all in (shipping and taxes). The shipping was actually free.
Where do i go to play the game?
Nov 10, 2015
324 posts
276 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Anyone personally have/use a dxracer or secretlab chair? Looking at those two and weighing my options
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2003 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
Dennyarcher wrote: When did you get hyken for 150$+?
Now 299$
There were some threads, it was like pre-pandemic WFH times and I think I saw one in the early months and it was like $180. The poster probably got it pre-pandemic and combined with a coupon. As I've been watching the price on the Hyken for the last bit and other than a measly $20-30 off recently, no sales.

I'm sad to see no sale on the Hyken this boxing day, yet again similar to BF, but there's sales on office chairs on Staples including Humanscale.

Anything worth looking at?
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2018
1049 posts
641 upvotes
Vancouver
kammj1 wrote: Anyone personally have/use a dxracer or secretlab chair? Looking at those two and weighing my options
Bought a DXRacer for large people, used it for 4days, developed severe back pain and had to sell it off for a loss
Nov 19, 2020
8 posts
17 upvotes
it was year ago, staples chair event + coupon.

nowadays I think you could probably get it for about $200 during chair event/sale and hopefully combine it with a coupon if they have one running
Dennyarcher wrote: When did you get hyken for 150$+?
Now 299$