[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2003
1651 posts
209 upvotes
C-53

Office: not paid in months

Folks,

My sister worked as a relief Pharmacist in a privately owned Brampton pharmacy more than 3 months ago and she's not been paid. Last week the cheque that they issued, bounced. RBC informed my sister of that and now there is some penalty fee to pay on top of that.

What are our options? This lady hasn't paid up in months. We've emailed her several times, talked to her in person and finally she issued a cheque which bounced.

Pls help.
Please thank me if you find this helpful
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
6616 posts
8407 upvotes
GTA
doomhammer wrote: Folks,

My sister worked as a relief Pharmacist in a privately owned Brampton pharmacy more than 3 months ago and she's not been paid. Last week the cheque that they issued, bounced. RBC informed my sister of that and now there is some penalty fee to pay on top of that.

What are our options? This lady hasn't paid up in months. We've emailed her several times, talked to her in person and finally she issued a cheque which bounced.

Pls help.
Take her to small claims court. You can also tell her before doing that, that her cheque bounced and you will taking her to small claims court if she doesn't pay up. That may be enough of a threat to get her to give you the money but if it isn't then small claims court it is.
Deal Expert
Mar 9, 2007
15098 posts
11832 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Yeah....court time!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1923 posts
2184 upvotes
Does the owner know that her cheque bounced? Even if your sister does not plan on staying, she will probably need some sort of work reference in the future.

Give her the chance to make it right before going the route of court. Reach out to her via email or at least document that your sister tried to address this offline if it needs to go to court.

Another option, is bringing this up with the College of Pharmacist. Maybe the prospect of it will be enough for the owner to get their act together. https://www.ocpinfo.com/