Entertainment

'The Office' (US) Thread

[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4642 posts
529 upvotes

'The Office' (US) Thread

Hey why isn't there a thread on this show of this season? well anyways here it is then, the thread about The Office season 3.

How's everyone liking it so far? anyone watch today's episode? (10/19/06)
1836 replies
Deal Addict
May 3, 2004
4330 posts
311 upvotes
Montreal
i really liked the chip thing with jim, that was funny, cant wait to watch the next episode tonight, didnt have time yesterday
PM me when there is a Post Canada sale !
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2004
3076 posts
76 upvotes
GTA
pretzel day!

Loved how Michael got all hopped up on sugar... and the Jam diologue at the end was very well done too.

I still prefer the brunette to Pam though .... go Jim go!
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5678 posts
2362 upvotes
Rosico wrote: pretzel day!

Loved how Michael got all hopped up on sugar... and the Jam diologue at the end was very well done too.

I still prefer the brunette to Pam though .... go Jim go!
yeah that brunette is a lot cuter than pam
Deal Addict
May 3, 2004
4330 posts
311 upvotes
Montreal
I support the go jim go phenomenom !! go screw the brunette jim, go boy !!
PM me when there is a Post Canada sale !
Sep 15, 2003
416 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
_pOtEnZa_ wrote: I support the go jim go phenomenom !! go screw the brunette jim, go boy !!
lol, actually he probably already has, the two are dating in real life.

and shes Quincy Jones' daughter. Lucky bastard.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2006
1508 posts
1 upvote
Haha
yeah shes majorly hot
i love that smirk that she gives jim when he gives her the chips

And, its hard to tell that shes even half umm black. looks pure european, or something to me.

damnit i cant link images to from IMDB to here
but.. i prefer her in her grey office clothing :razz:
Aug 11, 2006
193 posts
19 upvotes
Canada
I'm glad this thread exists, for I simply love The Office. Amazing show, genius writing. This, combined with Battlestar Galactica, makes TV worth watching alone.

Anyhoo, I have but 3 words to say about this season. "Call of Duty!" :cheesygri

P.S. Adoring the avatar, xpoint9.
Sep 18, 2004
509 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto ON
I just noticed something interesting about this last episode. The character Ryan is actually a producer and writer of that episode (episode 5). Are there any other cast members write for the show as well?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4642 posts
529 upvotes
xenyz wrote: I just noticed something interesting about this last episode. The character Ryan is actually a producer and writer of that episode (episode 5). Are there any other cast members write for the show as well?
lol i noticed that the second episode of the first season. but im not sure if there are any other cast members involved in the shows staff.
Aspyred wrote: I'm glad this thread exists, for I simply love The Office. Amazing show, genius writing. This, combined with Battlestar Galactica, makes TV worth watching alone.

Anyhoo, I have but 3 words to say about this season. "Call of Duty!" :cheesygri

P.S. Adoring the avatar, xpoint9.
lol thanks. im a huge fan of this show.
some screens from that chips episode of rashida jones.

[IMG]http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/4918 ... 234ea4.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/984/ ... 357xt7.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2758 ... 797md6.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8462 ... 540rj3.png[/IMG]

enjoy
Aug 11, 2006
193 posts
19 upvotes
Canada
For as long as I've known, B.J. Novak has been writing a few of the episodes for the show. I always thought that was why his name got into rather anemic title credits. Though Ryan does get his share of screentime (much more this season than the last two) and his character is slightly more developed, it's really not by much.

And if B.J. Novak did in fact write this episode, props to him! This line was particularly brilliant (and so Dwight-ish):

Dwight: And just as you have planted your seed in the ground, I am going to plant my seed in you.

Ryan: ...I don't think you know what you're saying.

LOL.
Jul 25, 2006
126 posts
xenyz wrote: I just noticed something interesting about this last episode. The character Ryan is actually a producer and writer of that episode (episode 5). Are there any other cast members write for the show as well?
Kelly writes for the show too. Actually the last one was written by Ryan and the next episode is written by Kelly. The only other one in the cast is Steve Carell but hes only written one whereas Kelly and Ryan have written around 3-5.
Deal Fanatic
May 8, 2002
5678 posts
2362 upvotes
Toby is one of the huge writers/producers on the staff. His name appears in almost every episode as one of the writing credits as Paul Lieberstein.

As mentioned, Ryan (bj novak) is a writer, as well as Kelly (mindy kaling).
Aug 11, 2006
193 posts
19 upvotes
Canada
I was just wondering what all of you think of the Stanford branch. I mean, we don't exactly know if Jim's defection was permanent and the scene with Pam foreshadows an immenent encounter (well, I didn't need to tell you that).

So far, we've seen some great scenes at Stanford, especially the Call of Duty bit, and Rashida Jones is apparently a popular actress in this thread. And if that's representative of the entire viewership, then there's definitely some staying power there.

I gotta say, after watching 3x01, with Jim's transition, I thought his stay at Stanford would be a short one. Even though it was JIM, of all people, it was dubious to me whether his presence alone would justify a more long-term presence of a Stanford set. But, so far, I've been proven wrong. And that's a good thing :) . So, my harangue over, I throw this question to the rest of you out there.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2004
3076 posts
76 upvotes
GTA
I thought I read somewhere that the Stamford branch was going to be around for 4 episodes and then Jim would rejoin Scranton
Sep 18, 2004
509 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto ON
Thanks for the info about the cast members who also write for the show. Figures, too, since my favourite characters are Ryan and Toby. I think they 'get it' more than the rest. :)