Wheels and Tires

[Official] All-Weather Tire Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2020 10:15 pm

Poll: Have you owned any of these tires? If so, which one(s) do you recommend?

• Total votes: 135. You have voted on this poll.
Nokian WRG4 or WRG4 SUV

30%
Nordman WR or WR SUV (or Nokian WRG2 / WRG2 SUV)

15%
Nokian Rotiiva AT

1%
Toyo Celsius

16%
Kumho Solus HA31

11%
Hankook Kinergy 4S

1%
Vredstein Quatrac 5

1%
Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady

13%
Minerva Emi Zero All Weather

1%
Firestone WeatherGrip

10%
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4151 posts
519 upvotes
got a 4wd and factory spec is 225/60R18 on 7Jx18 ET45
want all-weathers but selection is terrible

will crossclimate suv last at least 5 winters?

at that price might just get geolandar a/t g015, but not sure if they'll rub in a g3 grand vitara with stock 18" lol
Russell wrote: We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3099 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
Michelin Cross Climate 2 will soon be available in Canada...
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1262 posts
576 upvotes
Ontario
DJ Trance AZ wrote: Michelin CrossClimate 2 will soon be available in Canada...
My DD is due up for tires this fall. I think I might try a set of these this time around...
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3099 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
IcarusLSC wrote: My DD is due up for tires this fall. I think I might try a set of these this time around...

I am not sure of their performance; just bought a set of Cross Climate Plus to try but I also have a set of dedicated winters to fall back on...
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1262 posts
576 upvotes
Ontario
DJ Trance AZ wrote: I am not sure of their performance; just bought a set of Cross Climate Plus to try but I also have a set of dedicated winters to fall back on...
Let us know how you like them please?
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3099 posts
570 upvotes
Toronto
IcarusLSC wrote: Let us know how you like them please?
The Cross Climate I have are made in Germany and they drive fine, though a bit noisy at times... It will be at least four months from now to see snow...
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1063 posts
357 upvotes
Vancouver
Long shot here but does anyone have experience the Cooper Discoverer Enduramax? Supposedly a new all-weather that came out this summer.
Aug 23, 2011
19 posts
5 upvotes
hi all,

my situation is as follows:

-Live in North Shore in Vancouver Lower Mainland
-'07 Mazda 3
-have 2 sets of Rims, main set is 225/40R18, and winter tire set are 205/55R16
-main set of rims have a Toyo tire mounted maybe 30-35% left.
-The winter tires need to be replaced as they are done, maybe 5-10% left if that.
-Getting tired of swapping from regular to winter rims.
-my experience for the past 5 years are that we have a week or so of snow a year and thats it.
-North Shore gets really good road maintenance when the snow comes out.
-We get a lot more rain than Snow.

My take is that i should get an all weather tire and will go with putting them on the 16" rims. No more swapping as we will likely be swapping cars in the next 2 years (or less). Wet performance is my main concern, so having a bit of a debate between the following tires only.

Goodyear WeatherReady
Michelin Crossclimate Plus
Michelin Crossclimate 2 (siping pattern looks better than the plus)

seems like the goodyear may be better in snow but michelins are better in rain. anyone have personal experience or opinions on wet performance for each of these?
Apr 3, 2010
448 posts
475 upvotes
someone16 wrote: Long shot here but does anyone have experience the Cooper Discoverer Enduramax? Supposedly a new all-weather that came out this summer.
Looks interesting. Too new to have many reviews yet. Tirerack has done a test, and it looks promising:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.js ... +EnduraMax

I'd been looking seriously at the Firestone Weathergrip, which works great on some cars. However, some people seem to have experienced noisy rough drives, or vibration issues with that tire. It may just be the car itself. However, rather than take a risk, I might just go with the Cooper. It's tread looks more conventional than the Weathergrip, so hopefully it will drive more normally as well in dry/wet conditions.
Nov 30, 2019
80 posts
110 upvotes
If the price were the same would, should I get the Goodyear WeatherReady or Toyo Celsius?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1262 posts
576 upvotes
Ontario
Oishiii wrote: If the price were the same would, should I get the Goodyear WeatherReady or Toyo Celsius?
WeatherReady imo.
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5557 posts
1349 upvotes
Milton
What’s the go to all season for Honda accords? Still on the factory Michelin since 2013 and I should be replacing it soon
Apr 3, 2010
448 posts
475 upvotes
Michelin has just started a $100 rebate for some tires, for two weeks only:

https://www.michelin.ca/en/promotion/promocc2.html

You may have a hard time getting the Cross Climate 2. There are none in Ontario and Quebec, until sometime in October. Production slowdown because of Covid. I checked with Kaltire, and the price of those tires was unexpectedly low, even lower than the original Cross Climate. $215 each for my size (235/65r17). If they were available, I would have been tempted, especially with the rebate.
Nov 30, 2019
80 posts
110 upvotes
Ended up getting the Toyo Celsius off blackcircles because the price was the best I seen. The price was far better than Quattro tires for my 245/50/20. I avrd

Ordered on Sept 4th and arrived today sept 9th. The DOT were all March 2020. Definitely recommended.

Regarding the tires, I Will update on how it performs in the winter.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1262 posts
576 upvotes
Ontario
I think I'm going to order a set of Michelin CrossClimate2's even though they reduced the traction rating from the CC+ model.
Its them or Nordman WR SUV or Solstice SUV tires.

Hmm, need to decide by the 15th for the $100 Michelin rebate they have going right now...
·Ï¢årµ§·