Sports & Recreation

**Official Boxing Thread** - Tszyu vs. Fundora (Sat Mar 30 - 8PM ET Amazon Prime Video PPV)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 11:23 am
Nov 1, 2018
66 posts
40 upvotes
BKFC is on tonight

R&R tomorrow night if you want a laugh or two, pretty entertaining lol

Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24667 posts
8738 upvotes
Toronto
woot - another great fight this weekend!

The return of Loma vs Commey! Let's see how Loma fares against Commey - Teofimo took out Commey in 2 rds!

I suspect Loma will take longer to ramp up (as he usually does) and Commey is no slouch! This will be fun but I have Loma by late stoppage or UD!

Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24667 posts
8738 upvotes
Toronto
a nice fight tomorrow to catch - just before the weekend!

Beterbiev vs Browne - I've always liked watching Beterbiev , he reminds of a real life Wolverine (Xmen) - he looks like him too!!

His bout vs Gvozdyk was amazing...two good fighters going after each other!

Comes forward with power and just breaks people down - Browne will need to utilize his reach, jab & touch Beterbiev and move away!! He has to do this all night.........

I see Beterbiev with a late round stoppage like his last fight but he will get touched and Browne will win some early rds

Last edited by ji2o0k on Dec 16th, 2021 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
ji2o0k wrote: a nice fight tomorrow to catch - just before the weekend!

Bieterbiev vs Browne - I've always liked watching Bieterbiev, he reminds of a real life Wolverine (Xmen) - he looks like him too!!

His bout vs Gvozdyk was amazing...two good fighters going after each other!

Comes forward with power and just breaks people down - Browne will need to utilize his reach, jab & touch Bieterbiev and move away!! He has to do this all night.........
Hopefully homeboy Beterbiev gets a shot at unification vs Bivol sooner than later - going to be 37 in January. Canelo is also rumoured to be interested in facing Bivol or Beterbiev.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5960 posts
1591 upvotes
Toronto
The Woodley vs Paul 2 was absolute trash until that unexpected KO by Paul.

Pretty much the only significant shot of six rounds, which mattered the most.

Hopefully Woodley just retires.

Congrats to Paul. Would love to see him fight Masvidal next.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 18, 2010
5960 posts
1591 upvotes
Toronto
Unpopularopinion wrote: that KO makes up for the pitter patter. that was crazy lmao
I was tempted to turn fight off. I'm a fan of Woodley but his constant hugging/clinching bs was starting to annoy me. So I wasn't upset when he got KTFO.
Nov 1, 2018
66 posts
40 upvotes
glover78 wrote: I was tempted to turn fight off. I'm a fan of Woodley but his constant hugging/clinching bs was starting to annoy me. So I wasn't upset when he got KTFO.
I know exactly what you mean. Even the commentators couldn't think of anything to say. My attention to the fight was fading and almost gone and then BOOM hahahahahahaha
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24667 posts
8738 upvotes
Toronto
there may be some interest in seeing this fight on Sat - at least the 2 fighters really don't like each other....

Both are past their prime - I give the nod to Brook as Amir is too light fisted to keep Brook away or damage his eye sockets so Brook will march on forward. Tho if Amir can dance all night and play keep away while potshotting Brook - then this might be interesting!

Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24667 posts
8738 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote: there may be some interest in seeing this fight on Sat - at least the 2 fighters really don't like each other....

Both are past their prime - I give the nod to Brook as Amir is too light fisted to keep Brook away or damage his eye sockets so Brook will march on forward. Tho if Amir can dance all night and play keep away while potshotting Brook - then this might be interesting!

yup, just as I predicted......

Amir's speed is gone......and definitely no more punch resistance....time to hang 'em up!
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24667 posts
8738 upvotes
Toronto
renderman wrote: Klitschko brothers up against the biggest fight of their lives. Arming up and going to battle. I hope this isn't the last video of them.
https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/ ... ne-brother
incredible national pride to fight for their country…..true warriors
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24667 posts
8738 upvotes
Toronto
good fight tomorrow in Glasgow (afternoon time for us)

Josh Taylor Vs Jack Catterall for all the belts in the 140lb division!

Taylor is fighting on home turf - plenty of distractions at home and he has 1 foot out the door of the division (to move up). Is he focused or overlooking Catterall and looking ahead already?

Catterall has waited for this chance & hasn't faced anyone of Taylor's calibre......can he shock the world? We've seen it already with Gambosos Jr!

I give the nod to Taylor if he is focused and on point!

Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5546 posts
3067 upvotes
Winnipeg
ji2o0k wrote:
I give the nod to Taylor if he is focused and on point!
If the moment isn't too big for him, I like Taylor too. Exciting and very tough to fight at home.
This isn't a blog.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)