• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2020 11:59 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9539 posts
2258 upvotes
Montreal, QC
DeeCee wrote: I wear my merino wool baselayer and it works great. Warm enough, and even if it gets wet, still stays fairly warm. Best thing about it, dries out fairly quick, and does not stink!
+1 Merino wool
For layering, you can also get those sleeves for your arm, when the weather is just right between wearing a tee after you've warmed up but chilly before you start your ride.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
43447 posts
6698 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Man thats some fancy stuff...$$$
I don’t have a lot of performance wear. I would love a marino.

Not optimal... but i just rough it in a $20 old navy hoody.
Sweat like a beast admittedly. Don’t even feel the cold once you get going...
Good enough! Lol

Sorta. Marino. Goretex. Underarmor and dry fit. Thats some good stuff.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9539 posts
2258 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Costco carries (long sleeve) a 100% merino wool shirt once a year for about $20, not as durable as the expensive stuffs but gets the job done, I got a whole bunch over the years lol
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
43447 posts
6698 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Daijoubu wrote: Costco carries (long sleeve) a 100% merino wool shirt once a year for about $20, not as durable as the expensive stuffs but gets the job done, I got a whole bunch over the years lol
Oooh... i’m missing our. Closest costco to me is warden and ellsmere. The customer base there are savage.
You get runned over by carts.
Aunties elbow the shit out of you to get free lunch for the week. Im not kidding... i saw a woman savagely take 20 pieces and put them on a napkin “for her family”. The worker there was helpless because she awkwardly rushed her and shoved her hands right in.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9539 posts
2258 upvotes
Montreal, QC
No more tasters bc of COVID, thank god lol
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11748 posts
1770 upvotes
Vancouver
I had a reply from CBSA re: importing electric bikes. If anyone is interested I found this part interesting.

“ Electronic bicycles are duty-free, regardless of where they were manufactured.

Please note that, where applicable, the GST and the PST, or the HST, are calculated on the duty-paid value of the price you have paid for the goods converted into Canadian currency. Any excise duties or taxes may also be applicable.”
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
3578 posts
1383 upvotes
Mississauga
Would you buy an e-bike now or wait until spring for more offerings with cycling having a boom at the moment?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7133 posts
1895 upvotes
T dot 6
cRaZyRaVr wrote: Would you buy an e-bike now or wait until spring for more offerings with cycling having a boom at the moment?
I would wait until like late fall and into the winter when its end of season to look for a deal. If you cant find one then wait for spring.

But as you mentioned with the COVID biking boom, you might have a hard time finding a deal.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
3578 posts
1383 upvotes
Mississauga
Jaytee wrote: I would wait until like late fall and into the winter when its end of season to look for a deal. If you cant find one then wait for spring.

But as you mentioned with the COVID biking boom, you might have a hard time finding a deal.
Its not about looking for a deal at all. I am all about the technology now picking up and more companies coming into the market with affordable bikes and longer lasting (more mileage) batteries.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7133 posts
1895 upvotes
T dot 6
cRaZyRaVr wrote: Its not about looking for a deal at all.
Then you probably better off on some dedicated biking forums then rather then RFD Winking Face
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
3578 posts
1383 upvotes
Mississauga
Jaytee wrote: Then you probably better off on some dedicated biking forums then rather then RFD Winking Face
This might surprise you but there is a lot of knowledge here. Getting a good deal on toiler paper is just a side bonus being on RFD.
Oct 23, 2013
177 posts
134 upvotes
cRaZyRaVr wrote: Would you buy an e-bike now or wait until spring for more offerings with cycling having a boom at the moment?
I bought an ebike off AliExpress a couple days ago. Risky for sure, but you can't beat the price. $1150 delivered for a 21-speed 500W 13Ah mountain bike. Guaranteed delivery date before Nov 1 or else I get a refund. Could be complete bogus but I wasn't willing to wait for the next RadPower sale. I'll let you know if I regret it.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4434 posts
1904 upvotes
AB
Nyaxite wrote: I bought an ebike off AliExpress a couple days ago. Risky for sure, but you can't beat the price. $1150 delivered for a 21-speed 500W 13Ah mountain bike. Guaranteed delivery date before Nov 1 or else I get a refund. Could be complete bogus but I wasn't willing to wait for the next RadPower sale. I'll let you know if I regret it.
Which model?
Oct 1, 2007
187 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
This is for my daughter's kids bike. Any one know where I can can get this crank bearing replaced? And approximately how much.

Thanks a million.
Images
  • 20200901_213002.jpg
  • 20200901_213027.jpg