[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11351 posts
7925 upvotes
South Pole
andrew4321 wrote:
May 30th, 2018 8:06 am
I had a interesting conversation with a CSR today regarding the end of the 3.15% promotion.

I was told that at the end of the promotion money is being moved by Duca, without any client action, into the "earn more savings account" without any commitment on timelines though. So, if your intention is to withdraw the money trough an ETF initiated by a third party on the account x9001 (this would be the "park" account), the transaction is going to fail after Jun 1st. On the other hand, if the ETF initiated by a third party is on the account x6001 (the "savings" account) it will fail before Jun 1st with no commitment to be successful on Jun 1st either.
This is correct. I pulled money out of Park and into chq account, then did me to me transfer to Steinbach CU to park in TFSA. I still have some money in DUCA park, which will bump to Earn More on June 1st. I'll move that over to Tang, EQ or whoever offers the best promo. Gotta keep that float in HISA's.

Looking forward to a welcome bonus from Meridian, wish I had jumped on the $100 bonus on $1k deposit into savings account, and their cashback infinite card is not too shabby.

I have all my external accounts linked in DUCA, so I can push rather than pull.
eBay profile| Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Mar 23, 2009
560 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
Is there a limit to how much you can push or pull from the DUCA accounts per day?
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11351 posts
7925 upvotes
South Pole
astroboy100 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 12:57 pm
Is there a limit to how much you can push or pull from the DUCA accounts per day?
Afaik yes, but it's *obnoxiously high* by my daily banking standards. Pushing and pulling usually have $30-100k daily limits. With Simplii and Tangerine, you can even call in to push or pull larger amounts, not sure about DUCA. I pushed a larger than usual lump sum from DUCA to Steinbach CU to put in their TFSA and it landed in SCU same day (credit union to credit union transfer is fast). Was under $30k and I never asked DUCA via phone what their limits are, so if you find out, I'll update OP.
DUCA thread | Simplii Account Linking | Make CCTS Claim | Max on Koodo Referrals Thread
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
1474 posts
411 upvotes
Toronto
astroboy100 wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 12:57 pm
There is a $100k per transaction limit, unlimited transactions.
Sep 2, 2005
224 posts
47 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote:
Jun 1st, 2018 9:39 pm
Added to OP, thank you!
I just made some transfers, it's a 50k daily limit (pushing from DUCA).
Mar 23, 2009
560 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
If you're pulling, say from tangerine, is there a limit?
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11351 posts
7925 upvotes
South Pole
natefive wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2018 1:33 am
I just made some transfers, it's a 50k daily limit (pushing from DUCA).
Any exceptions if you call in?
astroboy100 wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2018 10:40 am
Via phone they can override and exceed limits, but when pulling there will be a hold on any amount exceeding whatever limit is granted based on credit score usually.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2009
1474 posts
411 upvotes
Toronto
astroboy100 wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2018 10:40 am
I just called Duca to ask this, as I actually have a transaction in progress :) The limit for EFT pulls is $1mil.
Mar 23, 2009
560 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
Great! Thanks a lot! I guess I'll have to do it in two $1mil chunks then! LOL JK
Apr 14, 2006
367 posts
219 upvotes
+1

I will definitely set up a account....great to know these options exist in Ontario when I head back. When I left the GTA they weren't much choices, the big banks had a tight hold on the market. Credit Unions, especially one with free accounts were hard to find.

Here in GVA CU's with free accounts are everywhere with Coast Capital being one of the most common. Most neighborhoods will have 3 or 4 different CU's clustered about in a given area.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
1699 posts
1205 upvotes
Guelph, ON
cal653 wrote:
Jul 7th, 2018 7:05 am
+1

I will definitely set up a account....great to know these options exist in Ontario when I head back. When I left the GTA they weren't much choices, the big banks had a tight hold on the market. Credit Unions, especially one with free accounts were hard to find.

Here in GVA CU's with free accounts are everywhere with Coast Capital being one of the most common. Most neighborhoods will have 3 or 4 different CU's clustered about in a given area.
Yeah! Ontario is starting to change a bit, more and more credit unions are going free, like ComtechFire, First Ontario and DUCA (although DUCA always had a free account, the current accounts have been around since 2014). Plus some credit unions like Parama and Ukrainian Creidt union have had free accounts forever. Sadly the GTA has only been able to join in on the free account fun for now, in southwestern Ontario (outside of Windsor’s WFCU) the only free credit union is YNCU and they only give you 10 transactions :(.
I like credit unions.
Member with DUCA Credit Union. Accounts with Tangerine, BMO, and EQ Bank.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
1699 posts
1205 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Good news everyone, DUCA has changed their interest policy, eliminating the interest minimums for payout!

From my last statement:
I like credit unions.
Member with DUCA Credit Union. Accounts with Tangerine, BMO, and EQ Bank.
[OP]
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
11351 posts
7925 upvotes
South Pole
jacnel wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 2:42 pm
Good news everyone, DUCA has changed their interest policy, eliminating the interest minimums for payout!

From my last statement:
Beyond amazing! Glad to be a member.