The OFFICIAL Ego Power+ Tools Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2024 12:32 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2784 posts
1177 upvotes
Richmond, ON
fredkins wrote: Replaced my rubber auger with steel one. Costs way less to order from the states. Does a great job but single stage has its limits, had 18-22 inches of snow
How much snow you get?
if you don't ask, the answer is always NO!
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3688 posts
1227 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
fredkins wrote: https://www.partswarehouse.com/EGO-Rota ... 386002.htm

use coupon GET10 for 10% off

comes to 68usd with shipping, no tax charged.
but it took almost 2 months to get here due to stock shortage from EGO. They refunded the shipping costs so it turned out even cheaper..
That's a hell of lot cheaper than iGoCordless, they're charging $130 for that part.

https://igocordless.ca/en/produits/2827386002/
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
Planning to get a new leaf blower and just wanted to confirm that there is little chance to get even a bit of a deal on them right ?? Thx.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Jul 24, 2014
342 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just trying to warn folks about EGO snow blower
I am into my third replacement single stage units now, and this is the 3rd snow season, so I replaced 3 in 3 years

I am not too sure am I an exception or else but I am of course very wary of EGO

Also, guys please call into local repair shops and ask their opinion! I could not find many shop that willing to service EGO tools! Try a few shops before buying it , then make your decision

I bought mine at a promotion but I don’t want to go through it again

Update: I did a lot research and have valid concerns now but other than snow blower, other EGO tools seems ok, still your call, just be warned I found very hard to find a repair shop for EGO, most of them ( recommended by my EGO rep) said NO EGo!
Index Fund vs Individual Stock..."tigerdemi is a great man" tigerdemi said to himself in his dream.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2012
2101 posts
799 upvotes
ORLEANS
tigerdemi wrote: Just trying to warn folks about EGO snow blower
I am into my third replacement single stage units now, and this is the 3rd snow season, so I replaced 3 in 3 years

Also, guys please call into local repair shops and ask their opinion! I could not find many shop that willing to service EGO tools! Try a few shops before buying it , then make your decision

Update: I did a lot research and have valid concerns now but other than snow blower, other EGO tools seems ok, still your call, just be warned I found very hard to find a repair shop for EGO, most of them ( recommended by my EGO rep) said NO EGo!
In in my second season with single stage steel auger version. Working like a charm.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
6586 posts
1749 upvotes
rural ontario
tigerdemi wrote: Just trying to warn folks about EGO snow blower

Odd - I bought EGO because the repair shop said Kobalt/greenworks was toss away junk - EGO was repairable.
72 69 6c 6c 65 73
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
2466 posts
422 upvotes
GTA
Anyone been able to find any EGO Snowblowers (with battery included) in stock in the GTA?
Jan 4, 2021
5 posts
2 upvotes
Has anyone stored their SNT24 outside during winter?
Covered of course and without batteries.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
2505 posts
1564 upvotes
Toronto
Ispirati wrote: Has anyone stored their SNT24 outside during winter?
I store my ego mower in the shed.

I would not just leave a mower or snow blower outside with a cover...

I suggest u buy a small shed for ur mower / snowblower... :)
Oct 22, 2004
730 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
I have my single stage covered outside on my front porch (roof covered). Yes I know it's a risk of it being stolen but I have limited space and it is annoying having to bring it down and up the stairs.
Jan 4, 2021
5 posts
2 upvotes
That's exactly what I wanted to do. I have to remove it from the garage as we need vehicle access from both sides and now it's too big to slide pass the car.

I've got 3 small full sheds already. They're in the back yard. I would have to dig the deep snow to get to the blower if it's in the back.

I've got a long wraparound porch but I would need ramp plates to bring it up and down the stairs.

Have you tried locking the blower to the wall?
Oct 22, 2004
730 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Yah I looked into a ramp briefly, but it was either surprisingly expensive or way too long for my 4 stairs. I can’t imagine lifting a 2 stager; how much do they weigh?

Didn’t secure it to a wall, but I did use those bike locks around the porch railing. It’s definitely a low deterrent and if someone really wanted to steal it they could easily do it. Here’s hoping I live in a good neighbourhood as it’s my first year here haha.
Jan 4, 2021
5 posts
2 upvotes
circky wrote: Yah I looked into a ramp briefly, but it was either surprisingly expensive or way too long for my 4 stairs. I can’t imagine lifting a 2 stager; how much do they weigh?

Didn’t secure it to a wall, but I did use those bike locks around the porch railing. It’s definitely a low deterrent and if someone really wanted to steal it they could easily do it. Here’s hoping I live in a good neighbourhood as it’s my first year here haha.
It's 150lbs but it's self propelled so no lifting involved. Ramps are about $135 for 6ft. Either too short or too long.
Sep 5, 2008
73 posts
1 upvote
Oakville
Your best bet would be Lowes truck delivery. Says they are in stock without batteries not sure how fast the delivery is there is also an extra 70 CAD for delivery charge.
Oct 10, 2018
52 posts
30 upvotes
fredkins wrote: Replaced my rubber auger with steel one. Costs way less to order from the states. Does a great job but single stage has its limits, had 18-22 inches of snow

Thanks for sharing this. I pulled the trigger on the SNT2102 from Rona and replacement auger from Parts Warehouse.

The only downside is, the snowblower won't be ready for pickup for 2 weeks. Hopefully it doesnt get cancelled.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2018
1217 posts
2641 upvotes
Lowes has coupons on cart right now. So $1000 gets $75 off. Been thinking of buying LM2156SP at $1149. Is it worth it for $1074 with coupon? Think they’ll get any cheaper? Anyway just an FYI their coupons work on a bunch of amounts including $500. Just add the item and go to their homepage should have a big coupon banner — in my case said Spend $1000 get $75
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
21223 posts
5939 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
stevepoint wrote: Lowes has coupons on cart right now. So $1000 gets $75 off. Been thinking of buying LM2156SP at $1149. Is it worth it for $1074 with coupon? Think they’ll get any cheaper? Anyway just an FYI their coupons work on a bunch of amounts including $500. Just add the item and go to their homepage should have a big coupon banner — in my case said Spend $1000 get $75
Considering that Ego almost never goes on sale, and inflation is rampant, I'd say this is a good deal under the following conditions:
- You have a larger yard (2500 sqft+)
- You deal with hills, or some physical limitations that prevent you from pushing a lawnmower
- You are NOT a hobbyist who is looking to do reel mowing, very precise lower-height cuts (i.e. 1-1/8", 1-1/4", etc.), or lawn stripes
- Your normal grass cutting frequency would be max 2X per week, or maybe 3X in peak growing season when you are getting a lot of rain.

Seriously have been comparing various items at Lowes and HD for several months. Lowes is aggressively inflating their prices, much moreso than HD.
For example, EveryDrop water filters have been 59.99 standard prices for quite a while. Almost simultaneously, Lowes increased to 69.99, but HD only to 62.28. This is not the only thing. I've watched many other items jump up at Lowes.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2018
1217 posts
2641 upvotes
Thanks now that I’ve looked into it more, igocordless has the bare lawnmower LM2150SP for $749 without battery. I have 2x7.5ah batteries from the snow blower. Does it make sense to buy bare tool or is the extra 10ah battery and charger worth the extra $325?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
3279 posts
1272 upvotes
Montreal
stevepoint wrote: Thanks now that I’ve looked into it more, igocordless has the bare lawnmower LM2150SP for $749 without battery. I have 2x7.5ah batteries from the snow blower. Does it make sense to buy bare tool or is the extra 10ah battery and charger worth the extra $325?
Always better to buy with battery and sell the battery afterwards.
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)