Cell Phones

OFFICIAL Google Nexus 5 Thread (FAQ/Accessories/Development/Order + Stock Updates)

Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2012
1765 posts
341 upvotes
Mississauga
whiteshepherd wrote:
Nov 8th, 2013 12:28 pm
Nasty dropping test on N5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkb5Qe_-0k0

Looks like a case is a must.
Only otterbox with front case will save it. A back case will not save a face first fall..
Your Rights as a Wireless Consumer - http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/INFO_SHT/t15.htm

An Android a day keeps the Apple away.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19067 posts
4167 upvotes
Thornhill
I definitely like the N5's camera, but the lag is pretty horrible.

Anyone tried 3rd party camera apps yet?
Jun 4, 2010
202 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
Is the free delivery from Amazon.ca (on orders above $25) gone? I was going to get the Spigen slim armor 2-3 days ago since it was fulfilled by Amazon.ca and shipping would be free, but now it's not there anymore, and shipping costs $6.50. Anyone know if it's coming back anytime soon?
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19067 posts
4167 upvotes
Thornhill
Xodus22 wrote:
Nov 8th, 2013 12:54 pm
Is the free delivery from Amazon.ca (on orders above $25) gone? I was going to get the Spigen slim armor 2-3 days ago since it was fulfilled by Amazon.ca and shipping would be free, but now it's not there anymore, and shipping costs $6.50. Anyone know if it's coming back anytime soon?
It's still there for items that Amazon ships out. Spigen doesn't use Amazon to ship items out, they ship from their own warehouse and uses Amazon as a e-commerce middle-man.
Aug 27, 2008
267 posts
9 upvotes
ahhhh anyone know when they released n4's bumper on the play store? i want the n5 bumper asap :/
Jun 4, 2010
202 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver
coriolis wrote:
Nov 8th, 2013 12:57 pm
It's still there for items that Amazon ships out. Spigen doesn't use Amazon to ship items out, they ship from their own warehouse and uses Amazon as a e-commerce middle-man.
Right, but it was there for a few Spigen items 2-3 days ago, but now has just vanished. Will it be coming back?
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
10877 posts
1309 upvotes
Brampton
whiteshepherd wrote:
Nov 8th, 2013 12:28 pm
Nasty dropping test on N5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkb5Qe_-0k0

Looks like a case is a must.
:-0 :-0 :cry:

It hurt me to watch that lol
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
444 posts
182 upvotes
jimmy-j wrote:
Nov 4th, 2013 9:36 pm
can't go wrong with the ringke ultra slim. i've had two on different nexus 4's and the fit and quality are top notch. for the price, the quality is on par with the spigen ultra slim which is double the price.
i saw a review on that one on youtube and saw one myself too in real life from a friend, that's why i ordered that ringke ultra slim too! :D even though i have already ordered some case on amazon prior to that!
Jun 15, 2011
39211 posts
5764 upvotes
King City
Thing is with those Qi chargers posted above, you're not sure of the quality, reliability and especially dealing with the warranty department if anything does go wrong or if you need to return it. I'd suggest Anker (expensive), Gmyle (I think wilsonlam97 had this), Energizer and Panasonic are reliable brands for sure with good warranty and customer service if dealing with warranty or returns.

Yes you have to pay for more, but in the end its worth the investment IMHO! Sure you can get those cheap chargers for $15 to $20 a pop but who knows what it will be like down the road...

Just my two cents that's all. In the end, you pay for what you get.
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Aug 4, 2008
2068 posts
325 upvotes
djemzine wrote:
Nov 8th, 2013 11:18 am
I highly doubt that too. They didn't carry the N4 official Google Bumper case or at least the Bell stores I've been to and some FS/BB stores.
Wind carried it. If anyone finds accessories in store, please let us know!
Oct 2, 2011
860 posts
459 upvotes
Vancouver
Jepogski wrote:
Nov 8th, 2013 2:04 pm
i saw a review on that one on youtube and saw one myself too in real life from a friend, that's why i ordered that ringke ultra slim too! :D
The thing I don't like about the Ringke Slim is that, it doesn't cover the top and bottom. It only protects the corners and the sides.
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
5646 posts
1305 upvotes
enhanced wrote:
Nov 8th, 2013 2:29 pm
Wind carried it. If anyone finds accessories in store, please let us know!
+1

Also, don't hoard the cases lol.
[shortened links removed]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2068 posts
325 upvotes
Spoke to a Future Shop rep and he said that they will be carrying the OEM Google case in the future. Not sure when.
Jan 16, 2007
957 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
dicecube wrote:
Nov 8th, 2013 2:30 pm
The thing I don't like about the Ringke Slim is that, it doesn't cover the top and bottom. It only protects the corners and the sides.
That's one of the reason why I bought it. So that it doesn't block my docking station port.