Cell Phones

OFFICIAL Google Nexus 5 Thread (FAQ/Accessories/Development/Order + Stock Updates)

Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
45193 posts
3671 upvotes
Toronto
rivet wrote:
Nov 26th, 2013 8:30 pm
Just received my spigen slim armor case from amazon.ca, after putting it on my nexus 5, the phone just keep rebooting, it seems that the power button stucked when the case is put on.
What should I do, who and where should I contact, spigen or amazon.ca?
You probably installed it wrong and didn't put it in place.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2006
3442 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto
rivet wrote:
Nov 26th, 2013 8:30 pm
Just received my spigen slim armor case from amazon.ca, after putting it on my nexus 5, the phone just keep rebooting, it seems that the power button stucked when the case is put on.
What should I do, who and where should I contact, spigen or amazon.ca?
It's a known defect in some of the cases. You should contact spigen.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3334 posts
533 upvotes
GTA
Can anyone recommend a good matte screen protector? I like it better than the glossy kind.
Dec 20, 2009
414 posts
425 upvotes
Vancouver
domo325 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2013 6:26 pm
For anyone looking for a micro SIM card, just tell them (Rogers or Fido) that you will activate it yourself to get it for free. Just came back from both carrier stores and did this.
As in call Rogers/Fido yourself to activate? I thought you always had to do that anyway haha.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
45193 posts
3671 upvotes
Toronto
aser wrote:
Nov 27th, 2013 1:12 am
[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/ ... 7-0106.jpg[/IM]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0760585133

Got this in the mail. What a waste of time. Not as described in the photos, there is a corner exposed. Not sure why they would make the case like this. What good is a case that doesn't at least cover the corners?
You get what you pay for.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2008
1266 posts
377 upvotes
Thornhill
I don't know if its been brought up here, but Titanium Backup is compatible with ART!.

[QUOTE]For a lot of users, Titanium Backup is one of the first Android apps they install on a new device or ROM. So it's no surprise that a few of them were dismayed when they tried to do so on the Nexus 5 (or one of a growing number of updated Android 4.4 devices) with the fancy new Android Runtime enabled, and found that Titanium would crash. The developer has updated the app to 6.1.4.1 in short order, and it should now run in both ART and Dalvik.[/QUOTE]

LINK

Now only Whatsapp follows the same suit, I can finally switch to ART!
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3334 posts
533 upvotes
GTA
Anybody feeling adventurous and running custom kernels and/or ROMs?
Currently on Stock Rom + Franco r12 kernel. I might go r14 soon. r15 is currently being tested. Also undervolted -50mv spread on PVS 1. Stable on Antutu. :)
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2008
2068 posts
324 upvotes
Jimboski wrote:
Nov 27th, 2013 5:12 am
You get what you pay for.
He didn't pay for something that wasn't as described. Pictures seems to have the corners covered.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
3334 posts
533 upvotes
GTA
domo325 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2013 6:26 pm
For anyone looking for a micro SIM card, just tell them (Rogers or Fido) that you will activate it yourself to get it for free. Just came back from both carrier stores and did this.
I tried cutting my original SIM down to a micro SIM with a template. Cut too much rendering it useless. Oops :D
Ended up going to a Rogers store to pick up one. I was expecting to pay $10 or so. CSR gave it to me for free!
You can either call the number to activate or do it online (login to your rogers account and change SIM). Did the latter.
Jul 21, 2013
856 posts
66 upvotes
aser wrote:
Nov 27th, 2013 1:12 am
[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b274/ ... 7-0106.jpg[/IMG]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0760585133

Got this in the mail. What a waste of time. Not as described in the photos, there is a corner exposed. Not sure why they would make the case like this. What good is a case that doesn't at least cover the corners?
contact seller, they'll most likely refund you. ebay sellers have better customer service than most people give em credit for.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2008
5608 posts
124 upvotes
Got my Spigen ultra hybrid case today. Nice case, doesn't add too much bulk to the N5.
Kommander_KornFlakes wrote:
May 18th, 2009 12:00 pm
I make more than what 95% of people in this site makes.
Try a six-figure salary that starts with a "3" (that would be annually)
Gloaming wrote:
Nov 4th, 2008 8:43 pm
Seriously- I TRIED to ignore him. KKF is like herpes, you keep scratching in an attempt to get temporary relief, but two weeks later he comes raging back more annoying and infuriating as ever.