Cell Phones

Official Google Pixel 6 & Pixel 6 Pro Thread - Oct 19 2021 @ 10AM PST (1PM EST)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2023 7:39 am

Poll: Which version of the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector

• Total votes: 31. You have voted on this poll.
Pixel 6 Pro, located in Toronto/GTA

29%
Pixel 6 Pro, located outside of Toronto/GTA

13%
Pixel 6, located in Toronto/GTA

48%
Pixel 6, located outside of Toronto/GTA

10%

Poll ended at Oct 13th, 2021 8:53 am

Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2012
2830 posts
700 upvotes
Ottawa
Really happy with the Mowei screen protector for the P6P. No issues at all with the fingerprint scanner and I get complete coverage of the phone paired with my Caseology case. I read that the Whitestone screen is a tad smaller than the Mowei which I think would bother me.
Deal Fanatic
May 19, 2005
5042 posts
2739 upvotes
Earth
Pro worth it for just the camera upgrade?
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.

$99 10GB/month Can/US/Mexico, 1000 minutes, free evenings and weekend
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6365 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
Jonavin wrote: Pro worth it for just the camera upgrade?
Depends. Are you planning to use it as your primary shooter or do you have a dedicated camera? I think for camera alone, it is a bit difficult to justify the price since it's a pretty significant jump.
Jul 31, 2018
432 posts
236 upvotes
Is it only through google you can get the other colors?
I'm liking the sorta seafoam, but retailers (best buy/staples) seem to only sell the stormy black
preconstruction project realtor
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6365 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
maxineli wrote: Is it only through google you can get the other colors?
I'm liking the sorta seafoam, but retailers (best buy/staples) seem to only sell the stormy black
Looks that way. I've checked some carrier websites out and they only show black as an option.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5408 posts
6418 upvotes
January update is out.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
3221 posts
2761 upvotes
Montreal
Yep. I'm at optimizing step. Takes forever...
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5408 posts
6418 upvotes
elpaso wrote: Yep. I'm at optimizing step. Takes forever...
Yes, it does take a while according to reddit's comment
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3948 posts
1380 upvotes
Vancouver
9394 wrote:
Also new Spigen Slim Armor Essential S case (kickstand) ($40 w/ PSP) : https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/cell-pho ... /108097078

Oh gosh, i want that. Nevermind that I already have the spigen clear ultra hybrid and the official google case. :facepalm: I like that the new slim armor has the look of the ultra hybrid with a convenient kickstand! I'll have to keep an eye out on amazon cuz $50retail is kinda steep.. lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
4249 posts
1672 upvotes
Belle River
I can't decide on a case, and the people having fingerprint problems have put me off a screen protector too even though I am also afraid of breaking the screen :). Well I'm also not too thrilled about the liquid application.
Deal Guru
Jul 5, 2001
10109 posts
12727 upvotes
Toronto
Mowei Tempered Glass Screen Protector for P6P now w/ $2 coupon ($37.99): Mowei [3+2 Pack] Google Pixel 6 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protector*3[Perfect Ultrasonic Fingerprint ] +3D Curved Tempered Glass Camera Lens Protector*2 [High transparency][Case Friendly] [Easy Install] for Pixel 6 Pro 5G https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B09LDF5C84/ref ... 7CHQ9SW63J
Sep 26, 2008
343 posts
155 upvotes
Longueuil
Got the update last night, seems everyone's experience is different so take with a grain of salt.

issues I was having and testing this morning my fingerprint with LK screen protector went from 2% to maybe 5% so still useless.

I see no difference or improvement with camera viewfinder noise, color accuracy or selfie picture result.

It was intermittent but wifi would sometimes disconnect and reconnect which I haven't seen yet and Google browser would randomly close which I haven't experienced yet.

Was really hoping on a fingerprint improvement as a lot say they have no issue or after update it finally works unfortunately not for me and I use biometrics for most of my 2FA.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19792 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
So is the FPS a hardware or software issue...

Either way why put up with it, because it's a Pixel? Return or sell it.

Thankfully my P6P is all good with LK film.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2012
2830 posts
700 upvotes
Ottawa
9394 wrote: Mowei Tempered Glass Screen Protector for P6P now w/ $2 coupon ($37.99): Mowei [3+2 Pack] Google Pixel 6 Pro Tempered Glass Screen Protector*3[Perfect Ultrasonic Fingerprint ] +3D Curved Tempered Glass Camera Lens Protector*2 [High transparency][Case Friendly] [Easy Install] for Pixel 6 Pro 5G https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B09LDF5C84/ref ... 7CHQ9SW63J
This is the screen protector to get if you have a P6P and want a tempered glass screen protector over a TPU one.
bembol wrote: So is the FPS a hardware or software issue...

Either way why put up with it, because it's a Pixel? Return or sell it.

Thankfully my P6P is all good with LK film.
It's definitely a software issue. The P6 and P6P are using the same Goodix optical sensor in the OnePlus, Huawei, Vivo and Redmi phones.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3948 posts
1380 upvotes
Vancouver
https://www.androidpolice.com/pixel-6-f ... it-faster/

This article has a pretty good analysis on the situation with the terrible FPS. I agree it's strange cuz when i use biometrics to log into bank apps, it usually registers right away. I'm going to have to try the method of unlocking my phone straight for 10 minutes to see if it helps improve anything.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
6365 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone install the Jan update and still unable to get the charging speed options for the pixel stand 2?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8718 posts
1069 upvotes
Scarborough
You don't need to do this. I was able to get the December update, FPS only worked well in the first few hours. I didn't remember if I did increase touch screen sensitivity or not??? Now I have the January update for 2 days, FPS is working very well so far, 8 out 10 tries. I make sure to increased touch sensitivity

Edited: I have TOCOL [3+3 Pack] for Pixel 6 screen protector.
litebrite wrote: I'm going to have to try the method of unlocking my phone straight for 10 minutes to see if it helps improve anything.