Entertainment

The Official RFD LEGO General Discussion Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 11:02 am
Oct 14, 2020
806 posts
329 upvotes
Just an FYI - there is a GWP for a minifigure with purchases over $50 on the lego store.. boxing day only or while supplies last... what on earth is there left to buy? lol
Nov 24, 2020
229 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
Chubnyah wrote: Just an FYI - there is a GWP for a minifigure with purchases over $50 on the lego store.. boxing day only or while supplies last... what on earth is there left to buy? lol
This GWP is pretty weak... I was almost tempted but this minifigure isn't anything special and there are multiple ways to get it in other sets. It's best to wait for the January GWP.... so close...!
Oct 14, 2020
806 posts
329 upvotes
MrDibs wrote: This GWP is pretty weak... I was almost tempted but this minifigure isn't anything special and there are multiple ways to get it in other sets. It's best to wait for the January GWP.... so close...!
Yeah... i can't justify it at this point. There is nothing left to buy and might as well risk it on Jan 1st to see if the stores have anymore left and just pair that with whatever is coming.

I mean, i heard some stores still had stock of charles dickens lol.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2011
1102 posts
1985 upvotes
Vancouver
Apparently you have to order at least $60 to get the minifig.... so here is my order after painstakingly finding available lego remnants to add :(

minimal order for fig.jpg
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Ralphael wrote: Apparently you have to order at least $60 to get the minifig.... so here is my order after painstakingly finding available lego remnants to add :(

minimal order for fig.jpg
Yikes... was it worth it???
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2011
1102 posts
1985 upvotes
Vancouver
priceman wrote: Yikes... was it worth it???
well some explanation...

the original wedding mini figs were used in the town hall and it was sold out during the BF/double VIP days but it came back and it indicates that it would soon retire. I figure that someday I might re-create the Town hall or perhaps a facade of the Town hall that is selling for $1200 and the wedding figures would come in handy.

The rest of the keychain minifigures I figure I could use them somewhere by cutting off the keychain.

The hidden side lego set just goes along with the rest of my hidden side sets.

The black ninjago minifigs goes with my ninjago of course...

Oh and the gold minifig, that goes without saying... it is gold minifig.... something worth keeping for something I guess....

So why do I want the store clerk MF? well I have several 40305 Lego store sets and I figure the clerk would go well with that set... plus it is a GWP Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes at least get one...

Yup everything was carefully hand picked for a reason....
Last edited by Ralphael on Dec 26th, 2020 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 14, 2020
806 posts
329 upvotes
Ralphael wrote: well some explanation...

the original wedding mini figs were used in the town hall and it was sold out during the BF/double VIP days but it came back and it indicates that it would soon retire. I figure that someday I might re-create the Town hall or perhaps a facade of the Town hall that is selling for $1200 and the wedding figures would come in handy.

The rest of the keychain minifies I figure I could use them somewhere by cutting off the keychain.

The hidden side lego set just goes along with the rest of my hidden side sets.

The black ninjago minifigs goes with my ninjago of course...

Oh and the gold minifig, that goes without saying... it is gold minifig.... something worth keeping for something I guess....

So why do I want the store clerk MF? well I have several 40305 Lego store sets and I figure the clerk would go well with that set... plus it is a GWP Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes at lest get one...

Yup everything was carefully hand picked for a reason....
I'm just gonna risk it and see if the stores have it come Jan 1st... i figured i might have a shot then. If not, then my lego store will just continue to not have a clerk employed.. i'll just pretend its all self-checkout
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2011
1102 posts
1985 upvotes
Vancouver
Chubnyah wrote: I'm just gonna risk it and see if the stores have it come Jan 1st... i figured i might have a shot then. If not, then my lego store will just continue to not have a clerk employed.. i'll just pretend its all self-checkout
no no no.... no self-checkout in my lego store.... it has to have that Mo-F clerk for $60 Angry Face

edit: Mo-F stands for Mini-other-Fig
Oct 14, 2020
806 posts
329 upvotes
Ralphael wrote: no no no.... no self-checkout in my lego store.... it has to have that Mo-F clerk for $60 Angry Face

edit: Mo-F stands for Mini-other-Fig
And here i thought it stood for something else... Face With Tears Of Joy

https://jaysbrickblog.com/reviews/revie ... -festival/

Very detailed review of the set. The best part - NO STICKERS. Completely sold on this one.. i was already sold on it before but i had though there would be a ton of stickers but the fact there is none.. best thing ever.

I'm also very excited to have the printed Kois.. that is going to add a ton of detail to the water parts of my city, including some i plan just to insert into the ninjago city part for kicks.
Dec 23, 2001
926 posts
125 upvotes
priceman wrote: Yup, the mywallmart app stopped working about 1-2 months ago... it was great because you could scan any set quickly and even change locations to see quickly if a set was cheaper elsewhere...

Stock track has a button for using the phone camera for barcode scanning but it always gives errors and i have never been able to get it to work... and yes, i too load up my cart with 20-30 “older looking” sets at each location and hog the stupid slow store scanner in hopes that one set would come in cheap... this was much faster with the mywallmart app phone scanner...
FYI I was in WM today and scanned 3 items no problem with the app. Thought you might like to check again the next time you get the chance!
Heat: 159-0-0
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Invincible wrote: FYI I was in WM today and scanned 3 items no problem with the app. Thought you might like to check again the next time you get the chance!
the “My Walmart” app or “Walmart.ca” app?

the “My Walmart” app was the best but is out if commission

Will the “walmart.ca” app tell you the prices at specific stores?? if so, how?
Images
  • 84EC5C9D-9A13-47FB-93B2-2430EC796507.jpeg
Oct 14, 2020
806 posts
329 upvotes
Welp, i got confirmation from CT - my knights of ren transport and privet drive were both cancelled. On a positive note, this means i no longer have to rack my brain on how i am converting my privet drive to being a modular and money is saved
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Chubnyah wrote: Welp, i got confirmation from CT - my knights of ren transport and privet drive were both cancelled. On a positive note, this means i no longer have to rack my brain on how i am converting my privet drive to being a modular and money is saved
just did curbside pickup for my two orders... the sets were on my “January ideas car GWP” shopping list but at 40% off i couldn’t resist getting them now... especially since the ideas car GWP isn’t confirmed and lego shock is bare bones now
Dec 23, 2001
926 posts
125 upvotes
priceman wrote: the “My Walmart” app or “Walmart.ca” app?

the “My Walmart” app was the best but is out if commission

Will the “walmart.ca” app tell you the prices at specific stores?? if so, how?
Umm, walmart.ca app. Maybe I was just making an assumption that it was the store price but now that I think about it, it was just redirecting me to the website. In my case, I was just confirming Energizer batteries were on sale; the price it showed me is the price I paid at self-checkout (with the exception of some battery related fee).
Chubnyah wrote: Welp, i got confirmation from CT - my knights of ren transport and privet drive were both cancelled. On a positive note, this means i no longer have to rack my brain on how i am converting my privet drive to being a modular and money is saved
Oh really? Just due to phantom stock you think? I hope mine isn't...
Heat: 159-0-0
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2011
1102 posts
1985 upvotes
Vancouver
Privet Drive is still in stock for $99 in the Lego shop which you can use to get the GWP Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Oct 14, 2020
806 posts
329 upvotes
priceman wrote: just did curbside pickup for my two orders... the sets were on my “January ideas car GWP” shopping list but at 40% off i couldn’t resist getting them now... especially since the ideas car GWP isn’t confirmed and lego shock is bare bones now
Which ones did you grab? I'm not particularly upset tbh.. knights of ren transport would have been nice just for the 2 minifigures tbh.
Invincible wrote: Umm, walmart.ca app. Maybe I was just making an assumption that it was the store price but now that I think about it, it was just redirecting me to the website. In my case, I was just confirming Energizer batteries were on sale; the price it showed me is the price I paid at self-checkout (with the exception of some battery related fee).
Oh really? Just due to phantom stock you think? I hope mine isn't...
No clue tbh - could be phantom stock or they probably realized the sets were too cheap and cancelled my order.
Ralphael wrote: Privet Drive is still in stock for $99 in the Lego shop which you can use to get the GWP Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Thats the backup plan haha
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2011
1102 posts
1985 upvotes
Vancouver
Chubnyah wrote: Thats the backup plan haha
well, I had been thinking the same of creating row housings with the attached garage so just need a few privet drive(s) so might as well get 2 or 3 GWP Clerk MoFers and/or add $50 to get more ice skating GWPs!

It is a good day to spend.....
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Ralphael wrote: well, I had been thinking the same of creating row housings with the attached garage so just need a few privet drive(s) so might as well get 2 or 3 GWP Clerk MoFers and/or add $50 to get more ice skating GWPs!

It is a good day to spend.....
wait for the book of monsters

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

whatdoiwanttodo