Computers & Electronics

Official Moonbox user thread: 4K Quad Core Moonbox M4S (Moonbox PRO) is HERE!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 8:46 am
Tags:
None
Mar 23, 2003
918 posts
60 upvotes
User713487 wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 4:24 pm
It's interesting that it also has the U.S. cable and satellite versions of TVB, plus an Australian TVB too.

any problem after 3 weeks?

if I don't need that HD channels.. does this work on the older moonbox, the white one?

also.. how you pay? via PayPal?

thx
Aug 22, 2016
469 posts
72 upvotes
softech wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 7:22 am

if I don't need that HD channels.. does this work on the older moonbox, the white one?

thx
It works with the Moonbox Pro, if you do not need those few h265 channels, it should work with the older moonboxes, I tested it on my old htv2, it works fine. You should test it out on your devi e to. confjrm, but they have changed the trial account from 1 cent to $1. I paid with PayPal.
Jan 19, 2017
31 posts
4 upvotes
softech wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 7:22 am

thx
Props to user on this. I'm a big fan of the app after putting this on a Moonbox pro.

In terms of payment, set up an account on the site, select the plan you want, pay via PayPal and get you access code right away. Quite efficient and very much no hassle.
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 8th, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no requesting PM's
Jun 11, 2017
3 posts
User713487 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 9:40 am
Their VOD content is not very attractive, but the ones I have watched loaded with no problem. I subcribed to it maily for the UK and US channels, espcially those SKY Sports that my friends all love, touch wood so far those channels has no issues.
Is anyone having buffering/studdering issues with HD channels (within the past few days)?

I installed their app on a TVPad4 (which should support H265), but on HD channels, it gets choppy/studders every few minutes. I'm not sure if it is my box's specs (only 1GB RAM), my internet speed (I don't think this should be a problem... HD streams on Kodi/Terrarium works fine), or issues with their servers. I just want to know if others are having the same issues before I go and buy myself a new box (likely a Mi Box).

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1668 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
User713487 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 8:24 am
It works with the Moonbox Pro, if you do not need those few h265 channels, it should work with the older moonboxes, I tested it on my old htv2, it works fine. You should test it out on your devi e to. confjrm, but they have changed the trial account from 1 cent to $1. I paid with PayPal.
Trial still seems to be 1 cent for me... I last ordered a trial on Sunday
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
May 3, 2011
53 posts
2 upvotes
Trying the trial for hrsj800 right now and it's pretty good and my mom especially likes that you can watch the local toronto chinese tv channels. If you enter the activation code and it doesn't work/says wrong code entered, just restart your moonbox. I was worried it didn't work because I have a pretty old moonbox, but it still works. It has a lot more channels than all the other apps I've used and majority of them actually work.
Mar 23, 2003
918 posts
60 upvotes
helloo wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 8:55 pm
Trying the trial for hrsj800 right now and it's pretty good and my mom especially likes that you can watch the local toronto chinese tv channels. If you enter the activation code and it doesn't work/says wrong code entered, just restart your moonbox. I was worried it didn't work because I have a pretty old moonbox, but it still works. It has a lot more channels than all the other apps I've used and majority of them actually work.
which "old" moonbox you have?
May 3, 2011
53 posts
2 upvotes
softech wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 8:57 pm
which "old" moonbox you have?
moonbox 3 idk if it's considered super old, but i think there's newer models than mine
Jan 18, 2014
12 posts
12 upvotes
Shu wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 3:57 pm
Did you even read your own post? Your post does not say anything about smart phone and all the software you linked is from iTunes, so iTunes apps work on an android phone?

What kind of a fool are you?
No need to argue, keep your own way. I just said this is free solution and works.

By the way, you said there is no cantonese program? Fool, this is the cantonese site http://dramas.se/ and works well with chromecast + https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1248564076
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1668 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
KevinLe wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 12:10 pm
No need to argue, keep your own way. I just said this is free solution and works.

By the way, you said there is no cantonese program? Fool, this is the cantonese site http://dramas.se/ and works well with chromecast + https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1248564076
I won't argue that an iPhone is free
Chromecast is free
Appletv is free

Now I just need to know what isn't free?

Moonbox 3 is the white box...I'm using that with users solution which is much better than the so call free fools solution
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Aug 22, 2016
469 posts
72 upvotes
Shu wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 2:42 pm
I won't argue that an iPhone is free
Chromecast is free
Appletv is free

Now I just need to know what isn't free?

Moonbox 3 is the white box...I'm using that with users solution which is much better than the so call free fools solution

I don’t want chromecast, no interest at all, but I definitely want a free iphone or AppleTV, how to get one?
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1668 posts
304 upvotes
Toronto
User713487 wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 10:25 pm
I don’t want chromecast, no interest at all, but I definitely want a free iphone or AppleTV, how to get one?
According to the free solution fool, the iPhone, appletv, and chromecast is free.... I have no clue where he gets these for free to show his free solution....the fool should enlighten us to his free hardware for his free solution

Thanks user, much prefer your solution
Jul 19, 2015
20 posts
2 upvotes
nyc, NY
helloo wrote:
Does hrsj800 have Mandarin and Cantonese VOD? My mother doesn't watch live TV.

Does anyone have other subscription choices or iptv boxes ideas? It would be greatly appreciated. Looking for large VOD selection.
Thanks in advance!
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
2194 posts
1536 upvotes
Markham
helloo wrote:
Trying it for 2 days.
All done electronically via the website. No need to wait for any human to reply. Registered an account with email. Selected the 2-day trial package ( 1 US cents). Paid using PayPal. Retrieved the unlock code from my personal account page. Downloaded and installed the app on an\ generic Android box. Opened it and input the unlock code. All done within 3 minutes.

The video quality is in HD and very good. HD video is very smooth on my generic Android box with 2GB ram.
Much better than quality from my cable box when I was still with Rogers Cable TV.

IMG_20170819_103515.jpg

^Many Canadian channels can be found in the US & Europe category

IMG_20170819_103140.jpg

^ Plenty of English channels to choose from the available international categories e.g. Sports, News, etc.

IMG_20170819_103332.jpg

^ Canadian SportsNet, TSN etc are in the Sports category. Now watching English Premier League match - Liverpool vs Crystal Palace.

IMG_20170819_125428.jpg

^ Fairchild channels are available too.
Mar 23, 2003
918 posts
60 upvotes
thx for the review.

any VOD channels?

is Treehouse or Disney Junior available?

tx

drdtyc wrote:
Aug 19th, 2017 11:07 am
Trying it for 2 days.
All done electronically via the website. No need to wait for any human to reply. Registered an account with email. Selected the 2-day trial package ( 1 US cents). Paid using PayPal. Retrieved the unlock code from my personal account page. Downloaded and installed the app on an\ generic Android box. Opened it and input the unlock code. All done within 3 minutes.

The video quality is in HD and very good. HD video is very smooth on my generic Android box with 2GB ram.
Much better than quality from my cable box when I was still with Rogers Cable TV.

IMG_20170819_103515.jpg

^Many Canadian channels can be found in the US & Europe category

IMG_20170819_103140.jpg

^ Plenty of English channels to choose from the available international categories e.g. Sports, News, etc.

IMG_20170819_103332.jpg

^ Canadian SportsNet, TSN etc are in the Sports category. Now watching English Premier League match - Liverpool vs Crystal Palace.

IMG_20170819_125428.jpg

^ Fairchild channels are available too.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 1 guest)

User713487, Shu, klai