Fashion & Beauty

[Official] Nobis thread

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2022 5:34 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 30, 2006
1903 posts
148 upvotes
lilac311 wrote: I returned it today, but you can sort of see that it looks "wrong" in the description pics. Check this out: http://www.stylepit.co.uk/guy/clothes/j ... t_218424_4
It felt like the people doing the filling just up and quit halfway.
Did you purchase it in a store? Did all the jackets feel the same? You didn't happen to take comparison pics between your Yatesy and Shelby, did you?
Newbie
Nov 5, 2012
14 posts
2 upvotes
I purchased it from the linked store. It matches the pictures linked. I thought it was just bad photos or something.
Sorry, no comparison photos, just unpacked it at work, tried it on, and then stuffed it in the box and sent it back.
Jimboski wrote: Supposedly Nobis made a change from this seasons to last seasons, they're using quilted down bags now which makes it feel that it has less down but really it's just pressed down so that down shifting won't happen.
There is also less air flow and air flow makes the jacket less puffy = slimmer, due to the quilted down bags.
This is a good explanation for it, but the jacket was light as well. From where I'm standing, it seems like someone up the nobis chain argued "premium sourced down is expensive, let's use less of it". Which is funny, since we're dealing with thousand dollar jackets. I doubt Moncler would do the same thing.

It's a shame if I'll have to get an extreme-rated CG this year like some grandma.
Sr. Member
Dec 25, 2004
885 posts
185 upvotes
Does anyone with a feather allergy own any of these? I need to change my hotel pillows so I'm assuming I'd be allergic to a down parka but I'm also tired of being cold!
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 14, 2005
604 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Toronto Gamblers wrote: Does anyone with a feather allergy own any of these? I need to change my hotel pillows so I'm assuming I'd be allergic to a down parka but I'm also tired of being cold!
No personal experience but I know they use hypo-allergenic treated down, which apparently is ok for you. Always check yourself though. I was in Columbia yesterday and they have a new line of jackets that use a down alternative that they claim is just as warm as down. Check it out.
Newbie
Nov 5, 2012
14 posts
2 upvotes
BananaWeed wrote: Did you purchase it in a store? Did all the jackets feel the same? You didn't happen to take comparison pics between your Yatesy and Shelby, did you?
Just heard back from the reseller, apparently all the 2013/2014 season models were "slimmed down" from previous seasons.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 20, 2010
1621 posts
251 upvotes
Newmarket
which one of you with a nobis started chatting to me at longos in aurora at the check out line last week? lol
Newbie
Dec 15, 2013
2 posts
1 upvote
Hey guys, I'm interested in picking up either a cartel or yatesy in xs (brand new). What store would be my best option? It would be nice if I could avoid paying the full retail price.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 22, 2007
27832 posts
7969 upvotes
Hamilton
Jimboski or ghostfacechilla
hated on but respected.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
jelena-c wrote: which one of you with a nobis started chatting to me at longos in aurora at the check out line last week? lol
Was he a Toronto pick up artist trying to chat you up? ;)
Newbie
Dec 15, 2013
2 posts
Hello everybody.

I havent read the whole thread, but in the last few days I read through the "NOBIS Barry the 3rd - Ultimate Winter Coat".

Im living in Norway and as we speak Nobis barry jackets on sale with 40% off.

Few questions about this model, is it same as "Nobis - The Barry?"

And I saw a pic with size chart.[IMG]https://www.google.no/search?q=nobis+si ... B790%3B609[/IMG]

My measures:
Height: 177cm/ 5'10"
Waist: 84cm/ 33 inches
Chest: 102 cm / 40 inches

Would the M suits me better than the L?

Appreciate all answers that helps :)
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 14, 2005
604 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Pipita91 wrote: Hello everybody.

I havent read the whole thread, but in the last few days I read through the "NOBIS Barry the 3rd - Ultimate Winter Coat".

Im living in Norway and as we speak Nobis barry jackets on sale with 40% off.

Few questions about this model, is it same as "Nobis - The Barry?"

And I saw a pic with size chart.[IMG]https://www.google.no/search?q=nobis+si ... B790%3B609[/IMG]

My measures:
Height: 177cm/ 5'10"
Waist: 84cm/ 33 inches
Chest: 102 cm / 40 inches

Would the M suits me better than the L?

Appreciate all answers that helps :)
According to the Nobis Size Chart: Your waist says medium, and your chest says large. I wore the Barry and it is a relaxed fit. I would go with the Medium. Be careful of that price, is it from a website? Let me guess, the site shows all jackets at 40% off right? That is one of the fake sites out that just take your money.
Newbie
Dec 15, 2013
2 posts
ghostfacechilla wrote: According to the Nobis Size Chart: Your waist says medium, and your chest says large. I wore the Barry and it is a relaxed fit. I would go with the Medium. Be careful of that price, is it from a website? Let me guess, the site shows all jackets at 40% off right? That is one of the fake sites out that just take your money.
Yes, from a website. Only Cartel and Barry are 40% off. Its a "christmas offer" as they call it, lol. Heres the website: http://stayhard.no/nobis?sort=news

Guess I need to try the M and L sizes again at store.
Newbie
Nov 5, 2012
14 posts
2 upvotes
Pipita91 wrote: Hello everybody.

I havent read the whole thread, but in the last few days I read through the "NOBIS Barry the 3rd - Ultimate Winter Coat".

Im living in Norway and as we speak Nobis barry jackets on sale with 40% off.

Few questions about this model, is it same as "Nobis - The Barry?"

And I saw a pic with size chart.[IMG]https://www.google.no/search?q=nobis+si ... B790%3B609[/IMG]

My measures:
Height: 177cm/ 5'10"
Waist: 84cm/ 33 inches
Chest: 102 cm / 40 inches

Would the M suits me better than the L?

Appreciate all answers that helps :)
Medium, or even small. A buddy of mine is 6 feet tall and weighs 180 pounds, he easily fits into a size M
Sr. Member
Jan 15, 2013
890 posts
158 upvotes
Mississauga
lilac311 wrote: I find a jacket that's completely useless in -30c not worthy of being called an "extreme" parka.
The problem is you're looking at a brand aimed for fashion. If you're looking for something functional then look at other brands.

These type of jackets don't breath well. Leaves you soaked in sweat.
Newbie
Nov 5, 2012
14 posts
2 upvotes
Brookside05 wrote: The problem is you're looking at a brand aimed for fashion. If you're looking for something functional then look at other brands.

These type of jackets don't breath well. Leaves you soaked in sweat.
I'd agree with you fully if my 2011 yatesy wasn't a functional jacket that actually matched the pictures on the nobis website. I don't think I'm to blame for expecting more of the same when buying a 2013 model.
If CG suddenly started filling their expedition coats with chateau levels of filling (i.e, way less down) people would drop the brand like a kebab covered in genital warts.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 20, 2010
1621 posts
251 upvotes
Newmarket
canadagooseforumadmin wrote: was he a toronto pick up artist trying to chat you up? ;)
lol

he turned around as i got into the line he was in, and said, we have same jackets....and then pointed to the patch on his arm....i smiled and nodded, he then said, it's a very warm jacket, and i said, yes, it is, i like it......and then an awkward moment, as i picked up my phone to double check my shopping list lol

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)