• Mar 5th, 2022 5:34 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2037 posts
289 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm maybe I will ask more sales associates. Because for women's clothes, they have the "name brands" on third floor and then a generic "outerwear" section on fifth. I will try again this week. I already tried them at Show Room and now I'm wondering if I should go between one size or the other (the Nobis size chart is really deceiving, at least for women's styles)
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5993 posts
454 upvotes
Toronto
rockthecasbah wrote: Does the Bay on Queen really sell Nobis? I went the other day because the site shows them as a retailer, and i asked a sales associate. They said they didn't sell Nobis and looking around 3rd floor and outerwear, couldn't find anything.

At least not women's styles. The site shows Nobis but only men's http://www.thebay.com/eng/search/EntireSite-Nobis
I know for sure they carry men's styles. Not sure about women's but they would be on different floors. Yorkdale carries it at as well.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2010
2959 posts
139 upvotes
ZnarFy wrote: In terms of warranty, i think this is the area where CG hits them. There is a store here in in our area that sells Nobis. When I asked the sales person what if the warranty is needed she replied. . . "You will have to contact Nobis. We just order items from them to sell".
Now that is the problem with them.
It's called "Manufacturer" warranty for a reason..usually there's in-store warranty too, but that doesn't last very long (maybe 14-30 days?)

Also, you can't really compare CG warranty with any of the other brands..being able to recieve direct support from the manufacturer w/o the original receipt years later is unreal.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2963 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
This FAQ is so lol....
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3603 posts
1145 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
Irbe wrote: So wait, Nobis moved their production to China to keep up with DEMAND, but at the same time its not massed produced? I'm a little confused here :confused:
The factories here in Canada could not keep up with the scheduled stock per month. The warehouse in Markham has a set reservation per store.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3603 posts
1145 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
ZnarFy wrote: In terms of warranty, i think this is the area where CG hits them. There is a store here in in our area that sells Nobis. When I asked the sales person what if the warranty is needed she replied. . . "You will have to contact Nobis. We just order items from them to sell".
Now that is the problem with them.
This is not true, if warranty is ever needed, the store you originally purchased it from is supposed to ship it to Nobis.

This is how my store does it anyway. I assume the rest should follow the same policy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3603 posts
1145 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
rockthecasbah wrote: Does the Bay on Queen really sell Nobis? I went the other day because the site shows them as a retailer, and i asked a sales associate. They said they didn't sell Nobis and looking around 3rd floor and outerwear, couldn't find anything.

At least not women's styles. The site shows Nobis but only men's http://www.thebay.com/eng/search/EntireSite-Nobis
Yes they do, 2nd floor for men's section. Right beside the Diesel section. I'm not sure for women's.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3603 posts
1145 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
Jimboski wrote: Hi, I don't get some of the responses of me being mad, Me and EnyCe are boys.
Neither do I, it's not like I'm messing with your business or anything.
Aug 4, 2009
322 posts
15 upvotes
EnyCe wrote: This is not true, if warranty is ever needed, the store you originally purchased it from is supposed to ship it to Nobis.

This is how my store does it anyway. I assume the rest should follow the same policy.
This is true.
Forgot who, but someone posted it in the other Nobis thread.
They sent the jacket back for repairs and Nobis refused to do anything about the pilling and when the person got the jacket back the "Nobis" logo was damaged.

EDIT
nobis-barry-3rd-ultimate-winter-coat-1003269/68/
Found the post.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2963 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
^Another fun fact
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3603 posts
1145 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
Jayx wrote: This is true.
Forgot who, but someone posted it in the other Nobis thread.
They sent the jacket back for repairs and Nobis refused to do anything about the pilling and when the person got the jacket back the "Nobis" logo was damaged.

EDIT
nobis-barry-3rd-ultimate-winter-coat-1003269/68/
Found the post.
I read the post, it apparently wasn't severe enough which I also agree. It's like how Police won't deal with thefts under $5,000.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2963 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
Lol. That is so not the same situation. like i said this FAQ is pure LOL
Dec 23, 2012
29 posts
1 upvote
WINNIPEG
EnyCe wrote: The factories here in Canada could not keep up with the scheduled stock per month. The warehouse in Markham has a set reservation per store.
How I wish your store is here in my location. I am just sharing the response I got from the sales person at the store where I went to check out Nobis. Which is also the store on their Authorize Seller at their Website.
Too bad because they don't have my size on the Barry.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3603 posts
1145 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
rapsfan50 wrote: i'm loving my heathered charcoal cartel, and to me is easily worth the extra cash...plus you don't see as many people walking around with them than with the crosshatch cartels...

have a question though - the website lists heathered charcoal, heathered burgundy and heathered navy versions of the cartel (and the kato too, i think) but as far as i know only the charcoal was produced...how come? was the original plan having 3 wool/poly versions? maybe for next season?
I'm assuming next season. My store only carries the charcoal version as well, we never had the colored wool ones but we have them for order if requested. But to be honest, the charcoal version is a color of its own. The red wool is no different from the red sympatex, color wise. I'm guessing it's a marketing tactic, for those who desire a charcoal color will have to dish out a bit more money.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6778 posts
500 upvotes
GT'eh
Just wanted to post in this thread, I have 2 Nobis coats, a Premium Wool Kato + Cartel. Its the greatest jacket I've owned, I'm no expert yet, but seeing my co workers and friend GC, their quality trumps CG.

As for the warmth question, I would say GC jackets are slightly warmer, but its overkill. I usually have to unzip my Nobis since Its really warm.
The zippers are more secure than GC but a little harder to zip up.

Dude who was wanting to use osap funds to get his Nobis, not surprising since many use thier osap to get a GC, its a great investment, but your essentially taking out a loan to buy a coat.

Questo's
1) Is the showroom in markham open to the public and how would one go about getting a tour of the head office?
2) When will Nobis be releasing the sring 2013and winter 2013 styles?
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired [email protected] & t3<h [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2009
6111 posts
1975 upvotes
Scarborough
I couldn't find any at the Bay on Queen st. I saw them at Shwroom though
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6778 posts
500 upvotes
GT'eh
Also OP can you elaborate about the filling used in Nobis coats, I know they use premium duck feathers which are lighter and more breathable give you a bigger filler but with less weight. But GC uses goose feathers (of course) which are heavier, but reportedly warmer.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired [email protected] & t3<h [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2037 posts
289 upvotes
Toronto
SkimGuy wrote: I couldn't find any at the Bay on Queen st. I saw them at Shwroom though
Ya so today I went again and talked to someone. Apparently there are men's Nobis jackets but no women's. Boo!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Neovingian wrote: But GC uses goose feathers (of course) which are heavier, but reportedly warmer.
Not 100% true. Only a few Canada Goose pieces use goose down. Practically all the winter jackets except the flagship Snow Mantra use duck down. Goose down is found in their other collections (spring jackets and such).

Not ragging on you, but how come you've typed out "GC" instead of "CG" a couple of times already in your posts throughout this thread? I'm seeing this more and more by people on this forum in general. For a company/acronym that is so frequently discussed/bashed/written on this forum, I wonder why anyone would type out the acronym "GC". Ganada Coose? ;) It's like repeatedly messing up a well-known acronym, like "A&W" as "W&A" or "H&M" as "M&H".

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)