Fashion & Beauty

[Official] Nobis thread

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2022 5:34 pm
Tags:
None
Member
Aug 4, 2009
322 posts
15 upvotes
EnyCe wrote: I read the post, it apparently wasn't severe enough which I also agree. It's like how Police won't deal with thefts under $5,000.
Regardless of how severe it is or isn't, The fabric shouldn't be pilling after 3 wears and being purchased recently. Also they shouldn't have returned the jacket in worser condition.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 14, 2005
604 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: Not 100% true. Only a few Canada Goose pieces use goose down. Practically all the winter jackets except the flagship Snow Mantra use duck down. Goose down is found in their other collections (spring jackets and such).

Not ragging on you, but how come you've typed out "GC" instead of "CG" a couple of times already in your posts throughout this thread? I'm seeing this more and more by people on this forum in general. For a company/acronym that is so frequently discussed/bashed/written on this forum, I wonder why anyone would type out the acronym "GC". Ganada Coose? ;) It's like repeatedly messing up a well-known acronym, like "A&W" as "W&A" or "H&M" as "M&H".
I've been noticing this as well. More people type GC than CG its kinda weird. I always look at GC like its Gucci or something
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jul 7, 2007
10559 posts
2047 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Hi, I don't get some of the responses of me being mad, Me and EnyCe are boys.
oppose to what? girls? ;)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
ghostfacechilla wrote: I've been noticing this as well. More people type GC than CG its kinda weird. I always look at GC like its Gucci or something
The sometimes-confusing thing is that GC is an often-used acronym here on RFD, which means "gift card". Well, we're a deals forum, so gift cards are discussed frequently, so you'd think people would know how to properly type CG for Canada Goose to set it apart from "gift card".
Jr. Member
May 23, 2008
162 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
i have a moss green cartel.. purchased from showroom on the winter of 2012.. was i sold a discontinued product for reg price??!! its the wool blend version
Banned
Nov 22, 2012
210 posts
13 upvotes
Mississauga
gw3ndolyn wrote: i have a moss green cartel.. purchased from showroom on the winter of 2012.. was i sold a discontinued product for reg price??!! its the wool blend version
what do you mean? rephrase please.
Jr. Member
Jul 13, 2009
131 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga
Irbe wrote: How come Nobis pills so easily? And has the quality gone down hill since moving productions to China?
+1
Member
Apr 13, 2012
384 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
EnyCe wrote: I'm assuming next season. My store only carries the charcoal version as well, we never had the colored wool ones but we have them for order if requested. But to be honest, the charcoal version is a color of its own. The red wool is no different from the red sympatex, color wise. I'm guessing it's a marketing tactic, for those who desire a charcoal color will have to dish out a bit more money.
thanks for the reply...i'm all tapped out for cash for down jackets this season, but i'm already looking forward to possibly buying a parka during the winter 12/13 season, and i'll definitely be looking at nobis' selection...a possible heathered burgundy version of one of their parkas would look pretty cool, i'd imagine...
Banned
Nov 22, 2012
210 posts
13 upvotes
Mississauga
Jimboski wrote: That's impossible, Moss Green wasn't made this season and it is NOT poly/wool blend.
maybe when he stated "winter 2012" he meant January 2012? cause even though the moss green was discontinued in 2011 they can still have stock . blah blah blah
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 23, 2009
3603 posts
1145 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: The sometimes-confusing thing is that GC is an often-used acronym here on RFD, which means "gift card". Well, we're a deals forum, so gift cards are discussed frequently, so you'd think people would know how to properly type CG for Canada Goose to set it apart from "gift card".
P.S. Thanks for the grammar correction!
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 23, 2009
3603 posts
1145 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
jizzbruh wrote: maybe when he stated "winter 2012" he meant January 2012? cause even though the moss green was discontinued in 2011 they can still have stock . blah blah blah
You are correct, it must've been old stock. Like Jimboski said, it's impossible to have moss green in wool since it never existed.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 23, 2009
3603 posts
1145 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
Neovingian wrote: Just wanted to post in this thread, I have 2 Nobis coats, a Premium Wool Kato + Cartel. Its the greatest jacket I've owned, I'm no expert yet, but seeing my co workers and friend GC, their quality trumps CG.

As for the warmth question, I would say GC jackets are slightly warmer, but its overkill. I usually have to unzip my Nobis since Its really warm.
The zippers are more secure than GC but a little harder to zip up.

Dude who was wanting to use osap funds to get his Nobis, not surprising since many use thier osap to get a GC, its a great investment, but your essentially taking out a loan to buy a coat.

Questo's
1) Is the showroom in markham open to the public and how would one go about getting a tour of the head office?
2) When will Nobis be releasing the sring 2013and winter 2013 styles?
1. There's only one Showroom and that's in downtown. What you're referring to is the Nobis Head Office which I believe is NOT open to the public. (unconfirmed)

2. The styles have already been released, it's just up to the retail stores which ones to carry (new ones anyway) . Expect them to be in stores early February

For last season spring styles, Showroom still has them lying around.

Winter 2013 won't be released until August/September
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2963 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
CanadaGooseForumAdmin wrote: Not 100% true. Only a few Canada Goose pieces use goose down. Practically all the winter jackets except the flagship Snow Mantra use duck down. Goose down is found in their other collections (spring jackets and such).

Not ragging on you, but how come you've typed out "GC" instead of "CG" a couple of times already in your posts throughout this thread? I'm seeing this more and more by people on this forum in general. For a company/acronym that is so frequently discussed/bashed/written on this forum, I wonder why anyone would type out the acronym "GC". Ganada Coose? ;) It's like repeatedly messing up a well-known acronym, like "A&W" as "W&A" or "H&M" as "M&H".
You set them straight CGFA!
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2007
2963 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto
Jayx wrote: Regardless of how severe it is or isn't, The fabric shouldn't be pilling after 3 wears and being purchased recently. Also they shouldn't have returned the jacket in worser condition.
That is what I was thinking....
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2010
2959 posts
139 upvotes
CG uses duck down?

o.o..Canada "Goose"..
Newbie
Dec 23, 2012
29 posts
1 upvote
WINNIPEG
Rainne wrote: CG uses duck down?

o.o..Canada "Goose"..
Basing on the Internet for the Normal Line (Arctic) of Canada Goose, they use Duck Down and for the Branta Line they use Goose Down.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 6, 2004
6779 posts
500 upvotes
GT'eh
My BAD CGFA, I vow to never use GC in place of CG again,
I was typing this on a touch screen device so you'll have to forgive me still getting used to the keyboard. I'll try not to let it happen again.

Another question, without revealing trade secrets, can the OP or you experts in here compare the quality of Nobis' duck feathers vs CG (look I got it right this time) or other brands feathers? Because Nobis jackets are considerably lighter + I find the cut and fit is better than most. Is it a matter of Nobis using lighter more quality feathers or less fill in the jackets?

Wasn't aware CG used duck feathers in most of their jackets these days, I do know know back in the day and some of the more limited lines are made with goose down feathers. I know of a few other jackets advertised as goose down but are made with duck feathers.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired [email protected] & t3<h [0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<hy lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: eBay|1000+ ??? rFD | 300+

Top