Official Penny Stock Day Trade / Short Term

• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2022 9:41 am
Sep 28, 2011
627 posts
1024 upvotes
Winnipeg
djjungly wrote: oh I hate new look and feel of questrade:(
Somebody clearly thought it was a good idea to make QT looked like WealthSimple's UI, which isn't a good thing!
Apr 26, 2010
356 posts
222 upvotes
Vancouver
does anyone have a preview of what national bank UI looks like?
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
16328 posts
5676 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I heard you can still use the old UI
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Dec 7, 2008
302 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
aznviper wrote: does anyone have a preview of what national bank UI looks like?
You might have a better chance getting an answer in the National Bank thread (already 33 pages so a lot of activity and interest) : national-bank-0-trading-commission-2484906/

Anyway, to bring things back on topic a bit - I said earlier that I was going to sell CEI at $2. I ended up selling only 10% on Friday. And today it went up by 33% to over $2.7. My next target is $3. Probably the better performing swing stock for me this year. (And of course, thanks to @faken , CIDM has been great too - took some profit earlier with the current plan to sell 50% of the rest at $3 and then see how things go).
Jun 22, 2016
245 posts
119 upvotes
djjungly wrote: oh I hate new look and feel of questrade:(
The new questrade app is terrible. It doesnt have any Stop loss order or trailing SL. I absolutely hated the old app but it did have ability to put stop loss. May be time to switch to Interactive Brokers for good
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7609 posts
5580 upvotes

Pretty damn funny. First tweets since January on the account.
Jul 28, 2019
88 posts
56 upvotes
In all fairness I bought Fobi around 2.44 and averaged down, look at it now. I was about 1.39 or so a share, and it was $3.93 last week.
Andrew Ryu has two other companies he is also running and seemed he is buying their shares if I recall correctly from Sedar fillings.

They are funneling their covid profits into AI development as mentioned. It doesn't appear covid will be ending in short term so why not turn it into more profit. CEO claims testing requests have gone up.
But their intention is to turn all the covid profits into AI as that is their long term business.
The only reason they started on covid was due to Canadian Government requesting their help cutting through red tape with their government contracts in South Korea.

The Netflix or Disney (largest streaming company in the world) contract is also of interest.

The last 900K contract a few days ago sounds nice, but the big one is the MDA 40 million Canadian government cobid. That should turns people's heads.
As I mentioned I already had a chance to sell at 101% gains but seemed too little to me.

Some thoughts...

Imagine paying .18 cents for a Telehealth company alone that aren't profitable (Well, DOC, many others all above 17.5 cents, even small guys like ).
Imagine paying .18 cents s for a drone AI company assumes it passes (Draganfly)
Imagine paying for an AI FINTECH company .18 cents (like Fobi, which has essentially no money on the balance sheets)
Imagine paying .18 cents for a company that has a 10% ownership in a company with crytpo/ blockchain IP (they own Graph blochain 10%) for .18 cents
Imagine paying .18 cents for a company that does covid test kits and testing (like Empower).
Imagine paying .18 cents for a company Robert Mcwhirter said on BNN is Canada's Palantir ("mini Palantir") as they say.
Imagine paying .18 cents for a company Simply Wall Street says is 96.3% undervalued share price and a fair value of $4.76.
Imagine paying .18 cents for a company Simply wall Street says "PE vs Industry: DM is good value based on its PE Ratio (8.9x) compared to the Canadian IT industry average (45.6x).
PE vs Market: DM is good value based on its PE Ratio (8.9x) compared to the Canadian market (12.6x)."
Imagine paying .18 cents for a company that tailor makes AI software for Samsung, 7-11 and LOTTE (huge in Asia).
Imaging paying .18 cents for a company working with American/ Canadian/ United Nations and competing at same table as Palantir.
Imagine paying .18 cents for a company that is profitable with according to CEO today, 13 million cash sitting in the bank for a penny stock.

Combine all that together, I conclude its a good price.

Let me know why 18 cents isn't a great deal.
Jul 7, 2017
165 posts
107 upvotes
For dm.v The market cap is about 65 million, which still probably is a really good deal, but just wanted to point out for someone new that the share price does not does not necessarily indicate a companies mv or size.
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
10588 posts
4552 upvotes
Mississauga
smeean wrote: Dang my gamble on CEI payed off now I wish I took a bigger position Face With Tears Of Joy
melodymelody wrote: You might have a better chance getting an answer in the National Bank thread (already 33 pages so a lot of activity and interest) : national-bank-0-trading-commission-2484906/

Anyway, to bring things back on topic a bit - I said earlier that I was going to sell CEI at $2. I ended up selling only 10% on Friday. And today it went up by 33% to over $2.7. My next target is $3. Probably the better performing swing stock for me this year. (And of course, thanks to @faken , CIDM has been great too - took some profit earlier with the current plan to sell 50% of the rest at $3 and then see how things go).
CEI is on a nice run. Worth noting, it's getting pumped by the big dawgs on Atlas ("$5 to $10"). It could very well reach that range easy. Just be ready to exit...preferably before they do. But if you have a low entry price, then even if you're late to exit, you'll more than likely still be very green.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
2352 posts
687 upvotes
Vaughan
Just bought PKK at $9.75 b/c of all the talk in this thread.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7609 posts
5580 upvotes
Both Powell and Yellen testify before congress in 2 minutes. Powell is set to tell them that inflation is going to last longer than expected. Buckle up!
Dec 7, 2008
302 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
kenchau wrote: CEI is on a nice run. Worth noting, it's getting pumped by the big dawgs on Atlas ("$5 to $10"). It could very well reach that range easy. Just be ready to exit...preferably before they do. But if you have a low entry price, then even if you're late to exit, you'll more than likely still be very green.
Thanks for the heads up! No intention to wait until $10, or even $5. Up to $3.3 right now (ie another 20+% today). So got another 30% out and riding the rest to see what happens.

By the way, not familiar with the lay of the land and just wondering what is Atlas?

Thanks again!
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
10588 posts
4552 upvotes
Mississauga
melodymelody wrote: Thanks for the heads up! No intention to wait until $10, or even $5. Up to $3.3 right now (ie another 20+% today). So got another 30% out and riding the rest to see what happens.

By the way, not familiar with the lay of the land and just wondering what is Atlas?

Thanks again!
Yeah, scaling out profits, and leaving a small amount of shares/runners so you don't have FOMO is always a good strategy.

Atlas is one of many fintwit trading groups. They have a Discord, I don't really follow their plays, but I do check in from time to time just to see what's the latest they're in, in case I happen to be in the same play, so that I don't get caught. There are some very skilled and knowledgeable traders, but end of the day, it's everybody for themself. So always good to be cautious if you happen to be in the same play because there are some big whales in that group and they usually always play small caps. When the price can run quick, it can also crash quick.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
4312 posts
1251 upvotes
GTA
kenchau wrote: CEI is on a nice run. Worth noting, it's getting pumped by the big dawgs on Atlas ("$5 to $10"). It could very well reach that range easy. Just be ready to exit...preferably before they do. But if you have a low entry price, then even if you're late to exit, you'll more than likely still be very green.
Surveillance picked up heavy hitters with large followers on Twitter pushing $10 for CEI as long as you agree with oil (Brent) going to $100, the intelligence is being studied before I put some funds in.
Last edited by badmus on Sep 28th, 2021 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
4312 posts
1251 upvotes
GTA
tietherope wrote: We're back to the 10 year yield narrative I see.
Yea if Powell doesn’t help retail could be facing a mini February/March style loss, best to hold the line or average down a little as long as it’s a quality name like LSPD, Pinterest or Zillow.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
16328 posts
5676 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
badmus wrote: Yea if Powell doesn’t help retail could be facing a mini February/March style loss, best to hold the line or average down a little as long as it’s a quality name like LSPD, Pinterest or Zillow.
Let's be real, the market should never be as high as it currently is.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Mar 12, 2017
579 posts
430 upvotes
geokilla wrote:
Let's be real, the market should never be as high as it currently is.
Just my luck. First time I started investing was 1 month before the 2008 crash.... I put the 30k that I had and it went down to 15k. Now I decide to start investing again in mid august after many months of constant ups and it's going down soon after.

People keep saying time in the market, but the timing and luck is so important. If I invested 1 month later in 2008, I would have had around 80k instead of 40k to buy my house.

I took out some money a couple of weeks ago. I regret reinvesting it too soon. I got too excited when I saw a 10% drop in NVEI or DCBO.
Last edited by leolozon on Sep 28th, 2021 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 13 users viewing this thread. (7 members and 6 guests)

npistone, cmosve, geokilla, infiniiight, DC2020, IntelQC, viglnt2000