Investing

Official Penny Stock Day Trade / Swing Trade / Short Term

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 5:34 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2021
2080 posts
903 upvotes
Missed out on so many. What's the next one guys?
Jul 14, 2020
453 posts
387 upvotes
JetLi wrote: @CDNGreenTrader I just sold my AQUA at $0.175....haha...I didn't do any due diligence and jumped in at $0.11....I'll take the profits now and find something else. Did you have a price target in case I should jump back in on a slight pull back?
AQUA now at $0.19
I sold at 0.175 as well but profit is profit!
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2020
1101 posts
3188 upvotes
JetLi wrote: @CDNGreenTrader I just sold my AQUA at $0.175....haha...I didn't do any due diligence and jumped in at $0.11....I'll take the profits now and find something else. Did you have a price target in case I should jump back in on a slight pull back?
I'm stunned it's run this quickly.

I only have a starter position because we still don't know how they're going to pay for those mining rigs. It seems Luxor will help with financing but without knowing the terms it's hard to go too heavy here.

That said, we seaw these penny crypto stocks explode without any real substance back in the Nov-Feb BTC ripper too so anything is possible here!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
CDNGreenTrader wrote: I'm stunned it's run this quickly.

I only have a starter position because we still don't know how they're going to pay for those mining rigs. It seems Luxor will help with financing but without knowing the terms it's hard to go too heavy here.

That said, we seaw these penny crypto stocks explode without any real substance back in the Nov-Feb BTC ripper too so anything is possible here!
whatever you touch is gold.

Feed us more, RFDGod :D
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2001
1041 posts
900 upvotes
My son is going to be excited for his RESP account with RBLX. Tonight's bed time story will be about earnings beat!

hockeyfan1990 wrote: ATER Rocket
RBLX Rocket
SDC Pile Of Poo
Last edited by JetLi on Nov 8th, 2021 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[QUOTE]Most of the things worth doing in this world, have been declared impossible before they were done.[/QUOTE]

Heatware: JetLi
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
8946 posts
446 upvotes
Toronto
Thinking of contributing my 2022 limit into the TFSA right now so I can hopefully cash in on some of these penny stocks.... 1% penalty for two months doesn't seem so bad if these green days keep coming lol. Yay or nay???
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
MtX wrote: Thinking of contributing my 2022 limit into the TFSA right now so I can hopefully cash in on some of these penny stocks.... 1% penalty for two months doesn't seem so bad if these green days keep coming lol. Yay or nay???
I'm not giving more money than I already am to the government lol. Here's the thing, there's always going to be a play. Sure it might not be a LAC (or it could). But if you contribute now, you will for sure giving them 1% lol.
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
8946 posts
446 upvotes
Toronto
faken wrote: I'm not giving more money than I already am to the government lol. Here's the thing, there's always going to be a play. Sure it might not be a LAC (or it could). But if you contribute now, you will for sure giving them 1% lol.
We're living in scary bullish times it seems and it's got me all excited, it's either 1% per month on $6000 or capital gains tax...
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
3058 posts
488 upvotes
Mississauga
I missed selling my cidm at $2.80 last month , are you guys still holding it or should I just sell for the lesser profit now in the $2.40 range ?
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2001
1041 posts
900 upvotes
Last night's bed time story didn't go as expected....he thought the profits meant he could use the money to upgrade his Roblox characters :facepalm: , and when I told him he had to wait until he finished school and it had to be used for school, there was some tears of disappointment...oops...I guess despite the previous conversations, he didn't understand what his RESP and account for school meant...he thought he was investing so the profits go to his video games and toys and the money he put in was for school. Only an 8 year old could make me feel bad about getting a 30% bump after hours. Disappointed Face

Hopefully other kids are taking their profits on the bump to spend on the game and keep driving up revenue though! hahaFace With Tears Of Joy
JetLi wrote: My son is going to be excited for his RESP account with RBLX. Tonight's bed time story will be about earnings beat!
[QUOTE]Most of the things worth doing in this world, have been declared impossible before they were done.[/QUOTE]

Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2019
1228 posts
1020 upvotes
JetLi wrote: Last night's bed time story didn't go as expected....he thought the profits meant he could use the money to upgrade his Roblox characters :facepalm: , and when I told him he had to wait until he finished school and it had to be used for school, there was some tears of disappointment...oops...I guess despite the previous conversations, he didn't understand what his RESP and account for school meant...he thought he was investing so the profits go to his video games and toys and the money he put in was for school. Only an 8 year old could make me feel bad about getting a 30% bump after hours. Disappointed Face

Hopefully other kids are taking their profits on the bump to spend on the game and keep driving up revenue though! hahaFace With Tears Of Joy
I will be more scared if he understand your bed time story. He is only 8, and getting a upgrade characters is much better than your 30% bump. We all been that before ...

In your 30% gain, why you give him like a quarter of profit to enjoy his upgrade and tell him the other 3 quarters to use for school.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2020
1101 posts
3188 upvotes
CDNGreenTrader wrote: I'm stunned it's run this quickly.

AQUA news is out:
https://stockhouse.com/news/press-relea ... estment-by

35 million shares at $0.10 isn't great but insiders grabbed 8% and this from Luxor is a HUGE endorsement:

"At Luxor we look for opportunities to closely align ourselves with partners that we assess to be high-potential and strategically advantaged early in their growth curve. Aqua checks all the boxes; reputable operations with strong management, public market support, and the wherewithal to scale quickly and flexibly. We at Luxor are pleased to invest into AQUA to demonstrate our endorsement and support."

Luxor is a monster in the BTC mining world. They only partner with the best of the best. For example HUT:
https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/h ... 94941.html

As stated, I only had a starter position and would either sell on bad news or buy on good news. I'll be on the bid today.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2001
1041 posts
900 upvotes
I don't expect him to understand, we have these conversations over and over again (keeping in mind, my knowledge is limited too!) His RESP, I control the investments, but RBLX was his idea...he saw me watching the news on the IPO and he wanted in since "everyone played it, and he liked the concept of owning a tiny piece of the company" although I'm not sure how he interprets "owning a piece of the company and game".

Sorry all, Off-topic again, but...

I posted about it before, but it was completely off topic and got buried pretty quick, but he gets to spend 1/3 of his allowance, and 1/3 is saved for school, 1/3 is for activities he wants to do. He has a bank account for his "Spending" because of the pandemic, he's managed to save a lot of money, however, it's not in an investment account, it's just a savings account, but those that have read my previous post, I encourage the saving by adding 50% as a second deposit to every $1 he saves as a one time deposit, this is to show him compound interest (since he currently gets $0.02 from the bank Angry Face, he can't see the justification of savings. My idea is to foster the idea of saving, it's up to him if he wants to do it. So those extra deposits I do, he can withdraw, and that's his additional gains for the his games. However, like compound interest, he will give me back 10% of his withdrawal, which is to show him lost "interest" from the bank. Last month he wanted to buy a vbucks gift card for $10.79, so we withdrew $15, which he gave me $1.50. (those really wondering, I have a tin on my desk for all that money, I throw in to show him over the years, all the lost interest).

Bedtime stories are fun....he read a 5 minutes Spider-Man story to me first, we talked about what it means to the market when there is an Earnings beat and then I read for a while. We've been reading the Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow quadrilogies (my favourite series ever!). You want entertaining conversations, have a 7/8 year old ask you to explain why traveling in a space ship near the speed of light doesn't age a person as much. Have him ask you, if the book was written in 1978, how did they have 0 lag conversations through space and we can't watch youtube without buffering 40 years later. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes The goal isn't to understand everything, it's to foster a thought process (and for me to expand my thought process as adults tend to just accept or limit things because of what we already know). Kids don't....their minds are full of wonder and discovery. Right now, we're on Speaker for the Dead, he can't wrap his head around the aliens that look like Pigs on their hind legs and why they are called piggies. Every day, it's a 10 minute discussion. Some nights we get through 3-4 pages, sometimes we get through 20. The point for me, isn't to read it as fast as I can to him, it's to share my favourite novels and to have discussions on other things. Money is the same thing, I Don't know how much he gets, but I hope all these little conversations, he'll build some thought process that will put him ahead of his peers when he's 25. How much is up to him, I can only help him with what I know and what he can/wants to think about or ask questions.
Sunway wrote: I will be more scared if he understand your bed time story. He is only 8, and getting a upgrade characters is much better than your 30% bump. We all been that before ...

In your 30% gain, why you give him like a quarter of profit to enjoy his upgrade and tell him the other 3 quarters to use for school.

Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
Dam it Powell..
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)