• Last Updated:
  • Jul 5th, 2022 4:47 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2020
1090 posts
3154 upvotes
Just stunning numbers here:
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/22/options ... stors.html

"A record of 39 million options contracts have traded daily on average this year, rising 35% from 2020. Retail investors now account for more than 25% of this trading activity."

So when do us degenerates in Canada get options on the TSXV and CSE?

IMO a changing of the guard is here permanently. More money will be spent on derivatives than the underlying assets themselves.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
16498 posts
5892 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
CDNGreenTrader wrote: Just stunning numbers here:
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/22/options ... stors.html

"A record of 39 million options contracts have traded daily on average this year, rising 35% from 2020. Retail investors now account for more than 25% of this trading activity."

So when do us degenerates in Canada get options on the TSXV and CSE?

IMO a changing of the guard is here permanently. More money will be spent on derivatives than the underlying assets themselves.
I've been trading US options for 2021. And losing.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2018
1253 posts
992 upvotes
geokilla wrote: I've been trading US options for 2021. And losing.
Option is for the experts meh
NOT A WOMAN. JUST GOT A WEIRD NAME. I AM A MAN. THANKS.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
16498 posts
5892 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
jenneth wrote: Option is for the experts meh
Nah I've improved my options trading over time. Problem with me is timing. Sold SPY puts at $0.98 20 minutes ago. Now $1.9 Astonished Face
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Oct 22, 2017
212 posts
296 upvotes
Added 150 shares of LAC with the TFSA contribution. Upto 1220 shares now
Jan 27, 2017
230 posts
538 upvotes
wa88gta wrote: Added 150 shares of LAC with the TFSA contribution. Upto 1220 shares now
I used this years 6k on LAC/AN (5k&1k) as well. Lots on the horizon this year for LAC. March is just a couple months away. Appeal, DFS(will look juicy given todays pricing), and strategic partner(s) all within a few short months. CO ramp up in Q4 going into Q1 23.

Downtrend hopefully doesn’t stick, so that we get the most ‘pop’ from these upcoming catalysts but we shall see…

AN - expect drilling results soon, bullish insider grants exercised. LAC & GNFG certainly interested in their brine reagent. AN has tech for speeding up lithium chloride production, LAC has refining facility v close by…. Expect some partnership on that front soon. Still multiples to be made imo.

CHR - expect a trend reversal to commence similarly to what we experienced going into spring 2021. Excited to hear from their ER soon in Feb.. mgmt outlined 3-400M capital deployment in more aircraft in 22 to support RAL. Maybe some shiny new E2s? I hope they start capitalizing on the Dash 8s we’ve received from the CPA exclusion soon (hint debentures removing security on the dash 8s)… hopefully no new deferrals on existing contracts + we’ll be starting to bring new money in from recently delivered aircraft contracts..
Mar 10, 2021
138 posts
150 upvotes
Winnipeg
Back into CHR and dipped my toes into LAC.
It ain't what you don't know what gets you into trouble.
Its what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Mark Twain.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
4775 posts
3009 upvotes
Ontario
Was tired of watching them drop but PKK just went for a ride, bounced of $5.15 and running

* edit * ... and not endorsing anyone try and catch a ride here, she could be sputtering

ZENtek went today today, the pennies getting a little trader love

* edit 2 * ... PKK still going

* edit 3 * ... might be game over at 6.5x

* edit 4 * ... there was actual news, Class Action Law Suit for losses on PKK

Law Offices of Howard G. Smith announces that investors with substantial losses have opportunity to lead the securities fraud class action lawsuit against Tenet Fintech Group Inc. f/k/a Peak Fintech Group Inc. ("Tenet" or the "Company"), (OTC: PKKFF, NASDAQ: TNT).

PKK responded:

Toronto, Ontario--(Newsfile Corp. - January 7, 2022) - Tenet Fintech Group Inc. (CSE: PKK) (OTC Pink: PKKFF) ("Tenet" or the "Company"), an innovative Fintech and AI service provider and manager of the Business HubT, today announced that CEO Johnson Joseph will sit down for a Q&A video interview with StockFam on Monday January 10, 2022 to provide an update on the Company's operations and address the recent performance of Tenet's stock.
Nov 3, 2018
364 posts
749 upvotes
hebsie wrote: Was tired of watching them drop but PKK just went for a ride, bounced of $5.15 and running

* edit * ... and not endorsing anyone try and catch a ride here, she could be sputtering

ZENtek went today today, the pennies getting a little trader love

* edit 2 * ... PKK still going

* edit 3 * ... might be game over at 6.5x

* edit 4 * ... there was actual news, Class Action Law Suit for losses on PKK

Law Offices of Howard G. Smith announces that investors with substantial losses have opportunity to lead the securities fraud class action lawsuit against Tenet Fintech Group Inc. f/k/a Peak Fintech Group Inc. ("Tenet" or the "Company"), (OTC: PKKFF, NASDAQ: TNT).

PKK responded:

Toronto, Ontario--(Newsfile Corp. - January 7, 2022) - Tenet Fintech Group Inc. (CSE: PKK) (OTC Pink: PKKFF) ("Tenet" or the "Company"), an innovative Fintech and AI service provider and manager of the Business HubT, today announced that CEO Johnson Joseph will sit down for a Q&A video interview with StockFam on Monday January 10, 2022 to provide an update on the Company's operations and address the recent performance of Tenet's stock.
That stockfam group is awful. Just an echo chamber of people pumping up stocks. I have seen them ban people who post any kind of negative news.
Aug 13, 2019
545 posts
349 upvotes
Really impressed with GLXY, fingers crossed, DME.v continuing its comeback! Etmc crushing it as well, basically my smallest solutions doing the best, pretty standard Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Aug 19, 2019
90 posts
68 upvotes
supremePug wrote: That stockfam group is awful. Just an echo chamber of people pumping up stocks. I have seen them ban people who post any kind of negative news.
If you've checked out ceo.ca/pkk lately, that perspective may change.

The lawsuits are all still regarding the short attack ~3 months ago. The SEC listing has been a big roadblock for the company and no revenue or deals will change that trend. It was terrible timing while the SEC is updating their rules for businesses who operate in China. The new rules come into effect Monday apparently, so might lead to some progress but so hard to know with how slow the SEC works.
I've never been a swing trader, started buying over a year ago and still adding more today. Haven't sold once, and I'm only upset in hindsight. Still excited for the future.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1589 posts
2053 upvotes
Wpgguy86 wrote: Really impressed with GLXY, fingers crossed, DME.v continuing its comeback! Etmc crushing it as well, basically my smallest solutions doing the best, pretty standard Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
I'm absolutely surprised it hasn't settled below $20. Hopefully I don't regret holding crypto stocks over the weekend. Lol
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
10824 posts
8870 upvotes
Winnipeg
Not starting any new positions until the bags are a little lighter. I hope all of you had a good new year and first week back. This has been the busiest week for me since I started this new position lol. People kept f'ing up and I needed to fix it. The only real day trade I did was Phun.. 2.85 to 3.05.. barely anything.. Lets hope next week is good. I got 2 bottles of soju and a box of ramen.. and a bottle of red wine.. cheap weekend :P .
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
10824 posts
8870 upvotes
Winnipeg
Fingers crossed and hope for a good week
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2006 posts
820 upvotes
Ontario
faken wrote: Fingers crossed and hope for a good week
Powell testifies tomorrow.....might need to cross our toes also not just fingers.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
4775 posts
3009 upvotes
Ontario
VIX still heating up, could be a strong couple of days of volatility into Wednesday's inflation numbers. HUV could be printing $$$

TLRY earnings today, results were mixed but PMs are up. Might be something for a quick trade. OGI reports tomorrow, this might put some wind under their sails, might be a decent underdog play

Crypto. Hmmm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7801 posts
5902 upvotes
Bitcoin under $40k.

MVIS under $4.
Last edited by tietherope on Jan 10th, 2022 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 14, 2020
417 posts
360 upvotes
Another red day. Portfolio going down hill again.
Might look into HUV for day trade.

MVIS below $4…
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2011
4775 posts
3009 upvotes
Ontario
TLRY >20% and moving, can't see this holding but MJ is crazy

Grabbed more GLXY at 20.63

BTC bounced $1k, let's go miners
Last edited by hebsie on Jan 10th, 2022 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

chico_001, supremePug