Investing

Official Penny Stock Day Trade / Swing Trade / Short Term

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 5:50 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2001
1041 posts
900 upvotes
Man, some friends tried to convince to buy some AFRM yesterday and I said I wanted to wait and see the impact of the Fed rate hike news (I didn't know it was coming out today), glad I put it off! woah!

yugsekwaf wrote: Crazy action on AFRM..just wow!
Wpgguy86 wrote: Yep .. definitely should have sold afrm Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold SweatFace With Tears Of Joy
[QUOTE]Most of the things worth doing in this world, have been declared impossible before they were done.[/QUOTE]

Heatware: JetLi
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13046 posts
11387 upvotes
ca_gascon wrote: We now return to our regular scheduled program. Television

Maybe deeper red tomorrow or next week?
I see no bullish movements going into tomorrow.. I think it's gonna be red too.. I'm not buying back into HUT today lol. Face With Tears Of Joy
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
JetLi wrote: Man, some friends tried to convince to buy some AFRM yesterday and I said I wanted to wait and see the impact of the Fed rate hike news (I didn't know it was coming out today), glad I put it off! woah!
It didn't come out today. One of the feds just gave their opinion and tanked everything.
Mar 12, 2017
832 posts
798 upvotes
MoneyHypeMike wrote: Why do you feel bad? I am looking to buy GSY when it drops a bit, hopefully around 150$.
Because I didn't expect it to run after the CPI numbers, so I sold yesterday. I was surprised to see it go to 170 and didn't understand what was going on.
Last edited by leolozon on Feb 10th, 2022 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2049 posts
880 upvotes
Ontario
JetLi wrote: Man, some friends tried to convince to buy some AFRM yesterday and I said I wanted to wait and see the impact of the Fed rate hike news (I didn't know it was coming out today), glad I put it off! woah!
March 15-16 is next meeting
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13046 posts
11387 upvotes
tietherope wrote: It didn't come out today. One of the feds just gave their opinion and tanked everything.
no but some dumbass leaked their earnings haha.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2015
6185 posts
4812 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
leolozon wrote: Because I didn't expect it to run after the CPI numbers, so I sold yesterday. I was surprised to see it go to 170 and didn't understand what was going on.
Oh I see, I don't understand the movement in the stock either. Itm was up like 10% in the past week with no news.
Alterna Bank Thread

TFSA Portfolio: ATD|CNQ|NA|SJ
RRSP Portfolio: ELV|URI|WSM
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13046 posts
11387 upvotes
today was a swingers dream.. if you got out before lunch time... look at the BTC 12h chart..Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
We thought we were safe until the March fed meeting but now they are going to go on and on about a possible high rate increase because CPI was a whole 0.2% higher than expected.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2049 posts
880 upvotes
Ontario
FOMC emergency meeting on Feb 14 11:30....let the fun start
Mar 12, 2017
832 posts
798 upvotes
tietherope wrote: We thought we were safe until the March fed meeting but now they are going to go on and on about a possible high rate increase because CPI was a whole 0.2% higher than expected.
It's incredible how the market is inefficient. There is going to be 3-5 hikes this year, it's probably going to be 4. We've known for more than two months, no real surprise (0.2%?). Yet, it's up and down and up and down often without rhyme or reason.

Can't we all just agree to go down 20% from the high like we were supposed to and let's climb slowly back from there? No need to overthink this. :D

Some of those run ups are crazy.
Last edited by leolozon on Feb 11th, 2022 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2008
10994 posts
13548 upvotes
shoppingkart wrote: FOMC emergency meeting on Feb 14 11:30....let the fun start
That's wrong. It's a short notice meeting (48hrs) closed to the public, which has been SOP for ~4 years

Previous: https://www.federalreserve.gov/aboutthe ... closed.htm

Last edited by MrMom on Feb 11th, 2022 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him = Never argue with an idiot, they'll only bring you down to their level & beat you with experience
Mar 12, 2017
832 posts
798 upvotes
shoppingkart wrote: FOMC emergency meeting on Feb 14 11:30....let the fun start
If it was worth raising the rates sooner at 7.4%, it was worth it at 7.2%. They knew approximately that the inflation would be 7%, what are they doing?
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
2049 posts
880 upvotes
Ontario
MrMom wrote: That's wrong. It's a short notice meeting (48hrs) closed to the public, which has been SOP for ~4 years

Good catch .....at least you read what you post.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13046 posts
11387 upvotes
tietherope wrote: We thought we were safe until the March fed meeting but now they are going to go on and on about a possible high rate increase because CPI was a whole 0.2% higher than expected.
Standard manipulation lol. I bet you yesterday morning a lot of whales bought and and knew that the hike news was coming and dumped.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
Does CHR get beyond the $4.46 high of the November spike?

I'm green on the position now as of this morning and curious to see if it passes that.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13046 posts
11387 upvotes
tietherope wrote: Does CHR get beyond the $4.46 high of the November spike?

I'm green on the position now as of this morning and curious to see if it passes that.
I would hold.. almost all the recreational leisure companies in the states posted good earnings.. even royal Caribbean lol. I see this recovering soon. JT just needs to say to reduce airport restrictions, then it's go time :).

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)