Official Penny Stock Day Trade / Short Term

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2022 11:51 am
Dec 20, 2010
673 posts
943 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone watching GHSI?

I traded this one before but it hadn’t been able to hold above a dollar so I left it. The chart is looking good now for it to finally break and hold that level. It’s one of the few small cap biotechs that has yet had a big run on the Nasdaq. It was recently granted an extension to regain the $1.00 for continual Nasdaq listing (till March 15th).
Jan 8, 2008
474 posts
154 upvotes
I'm slightly embarrassed to post this purchase, but this is the, "penny stock" forum. I bought 4mil shares of MINE last week at 0.0018, as a, "flyer" its up nicely and I should sell some or all, but I actually think it has a chance to get swept up in the whole psychedelic craze hapoening/about to happen. They call themselves, "the magic mushroom company"

Buyer beware, but I might stick around in it for a while.

Good luck.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
55295 posts
20142 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote: Fidelity bought 21m shares? Public float is 23m lol.
https://stocktwits.com/MomoMofo/message/286009862

Update:

I think it's that 8m shares + that 5m shares. The other 8m is likely double counting. Impossible to have exactly the same number of shares for Entity 1 and 2.

Even then, that is not inconsequential.

Update 2:

Unless the Fidelity Growth Fund is not lumped under FMR LLC, I think it's a total of 8m purchased. FMR LLC sold all its holdings between December 1st and December 31st only to buy back more shares.
TRIT / Triterras - more updates for those still holding after I shared the ticker.

Short report is BS. Figured out no way can company do round tripping transactions to bloat transactional volume when each blockchain ledger smart contract involves multiple parties like trader, producer, insurer, shipper, etc.

Only way to cheat is for all parties to collude. No way will TRIT be able to make money shipping and bringing back containers. Just doesn't make sense from a cash expense versus 30 bps commission/fee perspective.

CEO also rolled back 90% of equity back to the company after merging with Netfin. Why do that if Kratos is sham? Singapore also wants blockchain 5o fight trade financing and shipping fraud, things Kratos already does well.

23.25m public float
- 8m FMR LLC
- 2m (other II's >$100m AUM)
- 3.7m (two Linden Funds)
= approx 9.55m left as at December month-end, likely smaller funds and retail investors.

The nice thing about TRIT is its year-end is Feb 28. So it has until May 14 (75 days from year-end) to report.

II's have until May 17 to report (45 days from Q1 2021) their Q1 transactions.

That means even if there will be a lot of funds selling during Q1 2021 (who wouldn't want to sell and buy back lower like FMR LLC did), those will likely be eclipsed by positive corporate developments.

I still think there will be more II's accumulating in Q1 2021 just because most of the 9.55m shares as at December 31st were in retail investors' or smaller funds' hands.

Who sold during the Jan 15 panic? Retailers. Who bought, II's and people here.

May FY results will be a blast. Conference Call with guidance raised will be a blast. II's accumulation in Q1 will be a blast. May is earliest to sell TRIT.
Last edited by alanbrenton on Feb 8th, 2021 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
12188 posts
3398 upvotes
nabiul wrote: Isn't that what most of this thread is?

Finally up with CIDM after picking a bunch of losers; sold off SNDL after hours with a tiny gain, set my sell limit too high during the day. No more pot stocks.
Pot stocks are so 2018.
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
12188 posts
3398 upvotes
Braude wrote: I'm slightly embarrassed to post this purchase, but this is the, "penny stock" forum. I bought 4mil shares of MINE last week at 0.0018, as a, "flyer" its up nicely and I should sell some or all, but I actually think it has a chance to get swept up in the whole psychedelic craze hapoening/about to happen. They call themselves, "the magic mushroom company"

Good luck.
Most big penny stocks are really unknown but rarely I buy into anything less than a dollar. It might take awhile to realize the true potential from the true penny stages.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
6710 posts
2396 upvotes
Was going to get in BOTY last week when I saw it, seems like a good meme stock. It's gone up 300% since. I could see this really taking off as a meme stock.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2017
1047 posts
914 upvotes
Toronto
EddySaver wrote: Anyone watching GHSI?

I traded this one before but it hadn’t been able to hold above a dollar so I left it. The chart is looking good now for it to finally break and hold that level. It’s one of the few small cap biotechs that has yet had a big run on the Nasdaq. It was recently granted an extension to regain the $1.00 for continual Nasdaq listing (till March 15th).
Was just literally talking about this one with my friend today lol

All the penny stocks I’ve been watching back in the summer are up huge already, that one is one of the ones that’s been stable.
Jan 8, 2008
474 posts
154 upvotes
spike1128 wrote: Pot stocks are so 2018.
LOL.

My Tilray, APHA AND ACB are killing it. (although I'm still in a deep ACB hole)

But Tilray and APHA have made me whole again...
Jan 8, 2008
474 posts
154 upvotes
baz5 wrote: Was going to get in BOTY last week when I saw it, seems like a good meme stock. It's gone up 300% since. I could see this really taking off as a meme stock.
Should we start a meme stock thread? Lol.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
3077 posts
395 upvotes
Toronto
spike1128 wrote: Pot stocks are so 2018.
my paper hands took profit from APHA today after being down almost 70% last year, with or without merger I am not making the same mistake again.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
8754 posts
367 upvotes
Toronto
Braude wrote: LOL.

My Tilray, APHA AND ACB are killing it. (although I'm still in a deep ACB hole)

But Tilray and APHA have made me whole again...
Anyone big on SNDL and waiting for Reddit to pump it??? Lol
Jan 31, 2016
909 posts
630 upvotes
Kawartha Lakes
FL has done well the last couple days after listing in the US. Lithium play.
Considering a re entry in DYA. Missed the lil dip on UGE to load up more.
Good luck all.
Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music - Carlin
Dec 20, 2010
673 posts
943 upvotes
Toronto
hockeyfan1990 wrote: Was just literally talking about this one with my friend today lol

All the penny stocks I’ve been watching back in the summer are up huge already, that one is one of the ones that’s been stable.
This one was very frustrating for me. I scaled into GHSI at the same time that BNGO and JAGX started to make their big runs and they ended up running hundreds/thousands of percent. So it looks like I chose the dog of the bunch. Then, one day, it finally ran up around 100% to $1.05. I was greedy and thought it could do more, with their new CEO, and didn't trim my position to take profits. And guess what? That day was also the day of the Capitol attacks. So it ended up fading/ tanking from a high of $1.05 in the morning to $0.60 in the afternoon before closing at around $0.65. I ended up scaling out of the trade over the next few days in the 70 cent range. Still made a few K profit but definitely did not sell anywhere close to the top.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
10652 posts
8649 upvotes
Winnipeg
Braude wrote: I'm slightly embarrassed to post this purchase, but this is the, "penny stock" forum. I bought 4mil shares of MINE last week at 0.0018, as a, "flyer" its up nicely and I should sell some or all, but I actually think it has a chance to get swept up in the whole psychedelic craze hapoening/about to happen. They call themselves, "the magic mushroom company"

Good luck.
Man, don't be embarrassed. Someone might see this and might actually take a position too. May or may not hit big.
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Feb 4, 2013
300 posts
106 upvotes
Guelph
With such a bullish market at the moment - and everything climbing - where to turn to without feeling like your chasing at the tail end...totally confused :(
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7622 posts
5596 upvotes
patthan wrote: With such a bullish market at the moment - and everything climbing - where to turn to without feeling like your chasing at the tail end...totally confused :(
Right? Everything seems too late to go big on.
Sep 20, 2010
386 posts
349 upvotes
Hamilton
tietherope wrote: Right? Everything seems too late to go big on.
Yup. I did well on some recent picks here but have to learn to let me winners keep winning. Sold WWR ZOM too early, as well as a couple others I can't remember. Even still, so far I have done better in Jan and Feb than my boomer stocks did most of last year.
Jan 29, 2017
328 posts
160 upvotes
i only purchase stocks in my tfsa on questrade, but want to get in on this thread. easiest way? can’t buy pinx over questrade in tfsa

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 1 guest)

JRGUINNESS, liO999, TehRFDAnomaly, JS8899, shakaboey