Official Penny Stock Day Trade / Swing Trade / Short Term

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 5:34 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2020
1101 posts
3188 upvotes
Okay starting a position in CSTR.

The entire public float has basically exchanged hands in 6 trading sessions. Something is up here.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2006
1664 posts
328 upvotes
CDNGreenTrader wrote: Okay starting a position in CSTR.

The entire public float has basically exchanged hands in 6 trading sessions. Something is up here.
alright guess ill do a half position as well lol - a few cents above the PP - was trying to get a better price but il leave some powder just incase
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
o1Jeff wrote: alright guess ill do a half position as well lol - a few cents above the PP - was trying to get a better price but il leave some powder just incase
Shouldn't matter much if it's going back where it was pre-offer.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2020
1101 posts
3188 upvotes
Well, the market cap was much smaller when it was in the 80cent range but if BTC rockets to like 75k then no question IMO that all of these crypto miners should be back to ATHs regardless of how much dilution has been done.

I think NDA's finances today a glimpse of what we're going to see from these miners. Record breaking revenue and income from their crypto assets.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5071 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Sold KODK, going to try out whole taking profit strategy. Maybe missed out on a lot of profit if they do release something special in a PR but have to practice my anti-fomo.

Also LABS is jumped above .50 for the first time in a while.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6972 posts
4953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ecsta wrote: Also LABS is jumped above .50 for the first time in a while.
I bought hard at $0.455.

Dip was understandable but crazy excessive.

Have another buy set at $0.48
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
13044 posts
11386 upvotes
Haris wrote: I have a tough time figuring out what these walls are, would you let me know what the numbers in and around are? im thinking if i should average down a bit or just let it run im at $1.80 average
I'd wait a bit. I'm looking deep into this bond yield discussions happening in the next couple days. Stuff might go south again.
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2020
1101 posts
3188 upvotes
Someone was wanting more transparency on stocks so here are my current open "swing" trades:

CHR
KODK
FORT
NDA
DMGI
CSTR

For those in the crypto space I also own DEFI but I put this in my retirement account. More of a longterm play.

Before things got shaky in late february I'd have like 15 swing positions open but just not feeing too comfortable monitoring all of that because I don't think we're entirely "safe" yet. As you'll notice pretty much all crypto because I'm bullish on btc despite the India news.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
3149 posts
1952 upvotes
GTA
JRGUINNESS wrote: I bought hard at $0.455.

Dip was understandable but crazy excessive.

Have another buy set at $0.48
You got balls man
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2019
1228 posts
1020 upvotes
Kayvan83 wrote: Damn i got one in the stomach, i thought XBC.To goes against the gravity today. I guess not
I set a limit buy on Friday but did not get hit until today. Now I am in with you on this one.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6972 posts
4953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lilmikey wrote: You got balls man
We got burned by a few, so I made sure to quad check this one through.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2017
2027 posts
3623 upvotes
Toronto
GMA slowly creeping up. Hopefully reaches back to 0.50 this week lol.

Started a position in CSTR finally after seeing the PP close a few minutes ago.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
3149 posts
1952 upvotes
GTA
JRGUINNESS wrote: We got burned by a few, so I made sure to quad check this one through.
Hope so , lost too much in that sector so not playing with it much

Out of LBL at 0.065 from 0.07 , in at NUMI at 1.20

EDIT: Another order for 1.15, stoploss for all 1.10
Last edited by lilmikey on Mar 15th, 2021 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 14, 2004
547 posts
35 upvotes
CDNGreenTrader wrote: Someone was wanting more transparency on stocks so here are my current open "swing" trades:

CHR
KODK
FORT
NDA
DMGI
CSTR

For those in the crypto space I also own DEFI but I put this in my retirement account. More of a longterm play.

Before things got shaky in late february I'd have like 15 swing positions open but just not feeing too comfortable monitoring all of that because I don't think we're entirely "safe" yet. As you'll notice pretty much all crypto because I'm bullish on btc despite the India news.
Long-time lurker here, also wanting to add my thanks to all those posting ideas and insights. You've mentioned risk management and appropriate position sizes before, could you give more insight into some prudent guidelines? Like many I found the last few weeks made it clear my risk tolerance to the downside is definitely lower than expected so want to make some improvements to my game plan.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 21, 2005
5865 posts
1672 upvotes
London, ON
Any bounce for BCE or Telus by Friday (i.e. March monthly expiry) = quick double for someone ok with that kind of volatility (i.e. 100% loss or 100% gain)
💡😃😂😄
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
6972 posts
4953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ugh BUS.V

Had a sell order Friday for $2.97, and got greedy changing it to $3, to watch it close at $2.98

Now just holding my cash hostage, and appears to have gone pretty bearish since not being able to pop through $3
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
9325 posts
6385 upvotes
Vancouver
IP.CN - continuing it's surge, up another 18% today. One insider Sheldon Inwentash has been accumulating a lot of shares. There announced foray into NFT could be big!

edit: up 24% now

edit 2: looks like the announced a partnership with McCartney media - Ruth McCartney is the step-sister of Paul McCartney

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/o ... 64214.html
Last edited by notenoughsleep on Mar 15th, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 2, 2020
1300 posts
1424 upvotes
Van City
JarJar wrote: As a heads up to everyone, looks like there's a Federal Reserve announcement/ Jerome Powell press conference this Wednesday @ 2/2:30 pm.

We all know how the market reacts whenever JPow speaks. Hoping for a bit of a drop haha.
And friday is quad witching ... should be an interesting week.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nothing is as important as we think it is while we are thinking about it
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2020
1101 posts
3188 upvotes
gregster wrote: Long-time lurker here, also wanting to add my thanks to all those posting ideas and insights. You've mentioned risk management and appropriate position sizes before, could you give more insight into some prudent guidelines? Like many I found the last few weeks made it clear my risk tolerance to the downside is definitely lower than expected so want to make some improvements to my game plan.
My rules:
1) Never chase. I've missed out on many gains by not chasing but I've also managed to not blow up my account so it's the best risk management strategy. Can always find the next stock!
2) Scale in and out of positions. Unfortunately this is where these brokers put the screws to us. WS is my favorite platform for this reason because quite frankly commission trading makes it very difficult to scale in and out of positions.
3) Map out an exit plan for every entry which includes a stop loss incase things go south.

The indices are what I use to determine position sizing - SPY being the most important one IMO.

When the market is hot, the indices may only be up 1.5% a day but small caps rip. Numerous stocks doubled, tripled, quadrupled, etc. from the election to mid February.
When the market cools (like late Feb/early Mar) the indices may only be down 1.5% a day but small caps get wrecked. Those same stocks that had doubled/tripled lost 50% or more.

SPY has been hot the last week but I'm still keeping my positions smaller than I normally would. Remember the goal is to increase your money, not win the lottery. Compounding small gains consistently is the mark of a great trader.

Lengthier comment on my first rule. I will never understand fomo - I mean, I understand people wanting to buy on a breakout but that is different than fomo chasing. A stock that was $5 last week and is now $10, with no fundamental change, will be seen as more attractive. Those that can program their mind to not fomo chase will be very successful IMO.

The longer you're "in the game" the more you'll also understand sympathy plays. This is massive. Friday a great example - I posted here that they were running PXS after hours and it was inevitable shippers were going to get hot. I didn't buy PXS because it was already up so much - rather I scalped EDRY as a sympathy play. Made a few hundred dollars in like 10 minutes. You'll slowly learn what stocks run with each other over time.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)