Investing

Official Penny Stock Day Trade / Short Term

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2022 7:04 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
3093 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
BFT merger with paysafe just got approved
Sr. Member
Oct 28, 2013
520 posts
451 upvotes
Not Toronto
I'm holding about 20 stocks, most of them currently red, sigh. But it's just fun money, under $10k. We have our real savings with a wealth management company. A few people have asked me why I don't manage my own money but I can't imagine the stress of managing our life savings. Right now we just meet twice and year to rejig a few things and they do all the work. Currently contributing a huge chunk of money each month to the kids RESPs as #1 is headed to university in 2 years and #2 is going the year after... and #3 goes two years later so I'll have 3 kids in school at the same time... trying to save as much as we can for that now so I only have $100 biweekly going towards the penny stocks.

Right now holding a mix of stocks, GMA and CYBN are my worst performers right now. Sold 1/2 of my CIDM. Also holding FORT and DMGI. And then a few wild card penny stocks like VIPR and BDGR.
Sr. Member
Aug 13, 2019
545 posts
349 upvotes
Bah, BFT, sometimes wealthsimple is annoying. I've been wanting some of that, plus NDA Loudly Crying Face. I agree FORT and DEFI have a volume problem. Need some good pr.
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Sep 21, 2007
10811 posts
8852 upvotes
Winnipeg
that is also another reason why US stocks are way more fun imo.. the VOLUME. how often do you see Canadian stocks go over 100M..
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Jr. Member
Jul 7, 2017
165 posts
107 upvotes
faken wrote: that is also another reason why US stocks are way more fun imo.. the VOLUME. how often do you see Canadian stocks go over 100M..
A
Agreed. Although one thing we have over them is a wonderful Community that thrives with each other. Almost all of u.s reddit threads or youtube dd's are in your face pump and dumps. I am new to these pages but the difference is so refreshing.
Jr. Member
Nov 28, 2019
183 posts
219 upvotes
In my TFSA it's pretty much all VEQT, a small portion of BTCC.B and a few CNR because who doesn't want to own a railroad, lol. In my very small Wealth Simple learning cash account I currently have CHR, FORT, DOC & GMA but I move stuff pretty fast and loose in there not always to my benefit but it's fun and cheap entertainment, lol. I did just spend all evening inputting my tiny daily transactions for the last 2 months into adjustedcostbase .ca so that I am not a wreck when I have to figure this stuff out next tax season. Our RRSPs are currently being managed by RBC mutual funds but I am in the process of moving them into ETF's as well.

When you guys talk about putting money into indexing do you just mean ETF's or are index funds different? I went back and forth trying to decide which ETF I liked before I settled on VEQT so I am curious which ones you guys hold and reasoning you chose them.
Penalty Box
Oct 7, 2010
12457 posts
3555 upvotes
Wpgguy86 wrote: Bah, BFT, sometimes wealthsimple is annoying. I've been wanting some of that, plus NDA Loudly Crying Face. I agree FORT and DEFI have a volume problem. Need some good pr.
Use other platforms.
Penalty Box
Oct 7, 2010
12457 posts
3555 upvotes
faken wrote: Seeing some of the price actions today is quiet hilarious. Going forward I think I'm going to solely invest heavily into one/two stocks and focus on basically momentum and hype. The company must have positive cash flow though. The rest of my money is going to be in indexing. I've started a position already and slowly adding to it every dip.

I have honestly been thinking to myself.. if I took out all my cash and put it all into cidm at .93- .96.. three weeks ago I could have made bank. I already my funds to 4-5.. going forward I'm doing 2 max now. Easier DCA and more time and research.
10k-15k for each stock should be enough.

I'm still holding all the ones I have. Mvis, bft, CHR, Fort, CIDM, KODK, 1 GME.

How many stocks is everyone else holding.. I'm curious now?
Holding same as you. A little bit different. I got some SPACS on the side.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7784 posts
5862 upvotes
I'm not able to provide the current bid for Bitcoin plays this morning. Back to it on Monday.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
3022 posts
1819 upvotes
GTA
queentasha wrote: I'm holding about 20 stocks, most of them currently red, sigh. But it's just fun money, under $10k. We have our real savings with a wealth management company. A few people have asked me why I don't manage my own money but I can't imagine the stress of managing our life savings. Right now we just meet twice and year to rejig a few things and they do all the work. Currently contributing a huge chunk of money each month to the kids RESPs as #1 is headed to university in 2 years and #2 is going the year after... and #3 goes two years later so I'll have 3 kids in school at the same time... trying to save as much as we can for that now so I only have $100 biweekly going towards the penny stocks.

Right now holding a mix of stocks, GMA and CYBN are my worst performers right now. Sold 1/2 of my CIDM. Also holding FORT and DMGI. And then a few wild card penny stocks like VIPR and BDGR.
How much does that wealth company charge you to manage your money?
Sr. Member
Aug 13, 2019
545 posts
349 upvotes
Love vanguard, the book "the simple path to wealth" got me into investing... And then I sold it all to buy tech stocks Loudly Crying Face. Looks like rocket ship MVIS in coming back to the station, one last chance to load up!
Member
Jul 18, 2017
337 posts
443 upvotes
Montreal
Thank you guys for the awesome reading material/opinions shared posted yesterday/today morning. It helps all of us beginners.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2001
1010 posts
868 upvotes
At any one time, I'm holding about 30-50 mutual funds, etfs and stocks in total. Just the ARK funds account for 5.
[QUOTE]Most of the things worth doing in this world, have been declared impossible before they were done.[/QUOTE]

Heatware: JetLi
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2312 posts
1662 upvotes
SW Ontario
Just shy of 40 holdings.

Majority of blue chip or other dividend stocks, a couple of ETF's, and a hand full of Venture or Penny stocks.

Years back I completely blew up my retirement savings during the Dot.Com bubble burst, and as a result I promised my newly married wife that I'd stay out of speculative or swing trading stocks.

It's only been the last few years given that we have a sizable nest egg that she now has agreed to let me play them again, so I'm still rather cautious and don't use anything I can't afford to loose.
I'd rather be outdoors camping, kayaking, and mountain biking ...
Jr. Member
Jul 7, 2017
165 posts
107 upvotes
I keep Half in veqt and the other half for short term plays or just cash. I find that keeping it simple, works as well if not better. n
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 15, 2005
7903 posts
1678 upvotes
Toronto
Got about 40 spread across all my accounts (reg & non-reg). 20-25 of them are speculative/penny representing about 30%-35% of overall portfolio. The 60%+ are "boring" blue chip stocks (e.g. banks, telecomms, railroads, oil) that I only look at once a year, and provide a bit of comfort during the turbulent times. My objective is to try and grow my TFSA to a large size and then eventually switch everything to high div as income for retirement.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2020
1090 posts
3154 upvotes
FORT pp closed.

Now we wait for the real news. Expecting an update on their btc holdings as well as acquisition/expansion news as per their last 2 news releases.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)