Investing

Official Penny Stock Day Trade / Short Term

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2022 8:31 am
Apr 8, 2001
928 posts
766 upvotes
JetLi wrote: I have been holding GLXY since $12 (average down when it went to $8s), but I have been shuffling between 100-300 shares almost weekly for a few bucks. I added yesterday at $27.xx and hope to let it go at $31. a few hundred bucks a week helps out with many plays in the red or holding steady.
I decided to sell 100 at $29.44, it's a $2 gain, and keep 100 shares to sell at $31.02, if it dips back to $26, I Will add 200 instead.
[QUOTE]Most of the things worth doing in this world, have been declared impossible before they were done.[/QUOTE]

Heatware: JetLi
Apr 8, 2001
928 posts
766 upvotes
CIDM bounced off $1.31, Missed my rebuy point of $1.29.....like I said yesterday, it seems to bounce off around $1.30.....I'll keep a watch on it.
[QUOTE]Most of the things worth doing in this world, have been declared impossible before they were done.[/QUOTE]

Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2003
1294 posts
1172 upvotes
Markham
boston wrote: Thanks for the info.
I own a small amount of shares. Just trying to figure out if it’s better to sell for a small profit or hold. Canopy appears to be the leader in the cannabis space.
Thoughts?
Other than Canopy being the leader and they have Constellation backing it, I don't know much of anything about the weed sector, never even touched the stuff (honest! Smiling Face With Open Mouth). The warrants were just a decent play and I had never bought warrants before so I thought I'd play around.

Bah weep granah weep nini bong
HEAT: Link!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
5786 posts
3600 upvotes
Toronto, ON
G.D.

I keep wanting to sell RIO, but it's been climbing recently.

Closing in on 52 week high.

If I sell, I'd buy more LABS or FORT, or try flipping.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
7691 posts
4676 upvotes
Vancouver
Added to NTAR.CN at $3.80. This has been a loser for me so far (avg cost $5.00) but they just announced today closing of PP at $5.00 so I think it's trading at a discount right now. Earnings next week.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
5786 posts
3600 upvotes
Toronto, ON
bk wrote: Other than Canopy being the leader and they have Constellation backing it, I don't know much of anything about the weed sector, never even touched the stuff (honest! Smiling Face With Open Mouth). The warrants were just a decent play and I had never bought warrants before so I thought I'd play around.
They were. Not so much anymore.

And they are BURNING threw that war chest Constellation gave them. In fact, didn't they just do a capital raise?!

Tough spot right now TBH. Hold for US pop on legalization talk, or ride it down till then. The Cannabis space will show alot of M&A this year.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
20022 posts
29413 upvotes
ONTARIO
bk wrote: Supreme Cannabis [FIRE.TO] being acquired by Canopy Growth [WEED.TO] [CGC]
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/canopy-g ... 00073.html

transaction valued at approximately $435 million

Supreme Cannabis shareholders will receive 0.01165872 of a Canopy common share (the "Exchange Ratio") and $0.0001 in cash in exchange for each Supreme Cannabis Share held.

Edit:
WEED at current $37 would value the FIRE shares at $0.4313 + $0.0001.
@$40 = $0.4663
@$45 = $0.5246

(I only have some of the warrants, which are exercisable @ $0.23 each)
Thanks for the update.

Looks like I will end up with 81 shares of WEED after this is done. Even after this news, I still incur a loss sadly.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
9369 posts
7244 upvotes
Winnipeg
Bought 400 sndl at $1.
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
5786 posts
3600 upvotes
Toronto, ON
JRGUINNESS wrote: G.D.

I keep wanting to sell RIO, but it's been climbing recently.

Closing in on 52 week high.

If I sell, I'd buy more LABS or FORT, or try flipping.
And new 52 week high
Apr 8, 2001
928 posts
766 upvotes
JetLi wrote: I decided to sell 100 at $29.44, it's a $2 gain, and keep 100 shares to sell at $31.02, if it dips back to $26, I Will add 200 instead.
Go GLXY Go! up to $30.70

Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2007
3044 posts
374 upvotes
Toronto
JetLi wrote: Go GLXY Go! up to $30.70
You see that FORT? stop being a turtle and move lol
Apr 8, 2001
928 posts
766 upvotes
willyxjai wrote: You see that FORT? stop being a turtle and move lol
FORT isn't a huge play for me, but I am sitting on 3000 shares at $0.67, it hasn't dipped enough for me to average down, but still losing money on it.

Apparently I was able to flip the NDA I added yesterday for a $0.16 gain...not huge and it wasn't for a ton, but keeping some cash with another $300 profit in a day works for me. Between GLXY and NDA, I might have cleared +$1000 this week, nothing huge, but keeps money moving when most of my holds are red and um....so far just holds...haha.

Mar 10, 2021
94 posts
76 upvotes
Winnipeg
Bought 1000 more Fort, and bought into CMMC..... needed a copper play.
It ain't what you don't know what gets you into trouble.
Its what you know for sure that just ain't so.

Mark Twain.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2006
1145 posts
589 upvotes
tenshiryo wrote: Finally recovering on MTRX
Yes its one i hold a small position in, i think the increase value is mostly due to the ctv news feature. But theres also rumour going around that loop got selected for ontarios covid digital wallet, which makes some sense as personally it would be very foolish to give this contract to a company not in canada..
Dec 14, 2007
198 posts
171 upvotes
Brossard
JetLi wrote: FORT isn't a huge play for me, but I am sitting on 3000 shares at $0.67, it hasn't dipped enough for me to average down, but still losing money on it.

Apparently I was able to flip the NDA I added yesterday for a $0.16 gain...not huge and it wasn't for a ton, but keeping some cash with another $300 profit in a day works for me. Between GLXY and NDA, I might have cleared +$1000 this week, nothing huge, but keeps money moving when most of my holds are red and um....so far just holds...haha.
are you doing these flips in a cash or registered account?

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 5 guests)

leftygrove, Wpgguy86