6702 upvotes
Winnipeg
Treasury bonds 🤣
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Nov 24, 2007
278 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
Wondering if I should average down on LABS, but it’s been such a pain for me, don’t want to dump anymore money into it...
Jul 13, 2014
44 posts
72 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
smileswithadimple wrote: Wondering if I should average down on LABS, but it’s been such a pain for me, don’t want to dump anymore money into it...
My aver is 0.81, don't know what I was thinking.. It was my first time buying something without a limit price
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
2348 posts
2609 upvotes
Toronto, ON
There will be full disclosure on UFO's/ET and the world will never be the same.
Apr 18, 2017
969 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto
Might be good to close the app for a month and forget about it lol
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2985 posts
1780 upvotes
GTA
Everything down, have some stink bids up, but its scary out there
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1789 posts
565 upvotes
Ontario
Sunway wrote: Please, don't ask for more money Crying Face
Trading resumed after few minutes without any news.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
5668 posts
3386 upvotes
Toronto, ON
VMC.V

Low volume + no reason to hit the ask * Haywood Securities selling into the bid = a stock that keeps dropping.
Dec 16, 2006
360 posts
312 upvotes
Toronto
JRGUINNESS wrote: VMC.V

Low volume + no reason to hit the ask * Haywood Securities selling into the bid = a stock that keeps dropping.
What's up with their low share orders? I see them selling and buying back some small chunks.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 27, 2015
5668 posts
3386 upvotes
Toronto, ON
oh_so_fly wrote: What's up with their low share orders? I see them selling and buying back some small chunks.
looks like they are selling off all the odd lot shares...

ODD LOTS

Orders with volume less than a standard trading unit are considered Odd Lot and do not trade in the regular Central Limit Order Book (CLOB).

On TSX, Market Making firms and their Registered Traders (RT's) perform auto execution of Odd Lots. The RT automatically guarantees a complete fill at the Protected NBBO for Odd Lot orders priced at or better than the opposite side's best price. If the Odd Lot order's price is not marketable (or if there is no RT) the Odd Lot order is displayed in the Odd Lot book and is eligible to trade continuously at its limit price (without regard to the CLOB price) and will trade at that price if an opposite side Odd Lot order is entered with the exact same volume priced at or better than the resting Odd Lot order's price OR against the RT if the opposite side TSX Boardlot lot quote becomes equal to or better than the oddlots limit price. Odd Lots only trade as "All or None" which means partial fills are not accepted. It is possible for the Odd Lot book to display orders with overlapping prices when resting Odd Lot orders match on price but not on volume.

Odd Lot Dealer Program

The role of the TSX Venture Exchange Odd Lot Dealer (VOD) Program is to provide a consistent and efficient way to service odd lot orders by providing an automatic immediate fill for incoming tradeable odd lots at the Protected NBBO. Odd lots resting in the TSX Venture Exchange odd lot book which later become tradeable due to a change in the Protected NBBO are also automatically filled by the Odd Lot Dealer at the Odd Lots limit price.

Unlike the TSX Market Making program, VODs are only required to service odd lots and do not have market making responsibilities.
Benefits to Odd Lot Dealers:

* Preferential trading fees and are eligible for a monthly symbol credit per symbol of responsibility designed to offset various costs incurred in carrying out their odd lot responsibilities
* Reputation benefit and industry-wide visibility associated with being an established trading firm that meets TSX Venture Exchange requirements

Odd Lot Dealers do not have any proprietary pre-trade information or access to information regarding trade order entry of other participants.

Odd Lot Dealer Firms

Haywood Securities Inc.
Leede Jones Gable Inc.
National Bank Financial Inc.
PI Financial Corp.
TD Securities Inc.
W.D. Latimer Co. Limited
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2011
1403 posts
879 upvotes
Soooo.....average down or wait until next month?
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
7438 posts
4375 upvotes
Vancouver
Added to DFLY.CN at $1.61 Down today despite record revenue reported yesterday
Aug 13, 2019
401 posts
218 upvotes
I averaged down a few things, but going to wait until it's clear we are out of the woods for more. No way to know if this is a really bad day or the start of a bad week.