Investing

Official Penny Stock Day Trade / Short Term

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2022 10:13 pm
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
12190 posts
3403 upvotes
Anyone think MVIS is just a WSB pump or for long term success? Buy out?
Penalty Box
Jul 15, 2018
1029 posts
1533 upvotes
George w bushs futon
melodymelody wrote: Congrats everyone on MVIS! Like I have been saying, do take some profit on the way up. Doesn't mean you have to sell everything, but MVIS is as volatile as it gets. I started at $2, sold at $6, got back in at $9, sold at $12, and then again got in at $15. Sold some and riding the rest, and will buy more when it dips.

Faken has done an amazing job with running this thread and keeping it friendly, and giving out good stock tips to boot! Thanks again!!! Looking for another MVIS? I think Faken is also deep in a couple of other stocks. I like his CIDM recommendation and I have been buying since $1.25 but unfortunately I also bought some at $2 and so my average is higher than I would like! In another stockpicking group, the shotcaller is also very bullish on CIDM but please do your own due diligence!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! I am looking to sell my MMED and hope things will look good!
Thanks for posting this, cidm i shall hold you my sweet angel....
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7621 posts
5596 upvotes
MVIS ended at $28.82 and I managed to not give in and sell. Haha. Now we wait and see what pre-market gives us.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7621 posts
5596 upvotes
I don't know what it looked like before but know it was a complaint of many. FORT has updated their website I'm told. Hopefully financials tomorrow.

https://www.fortresstechnologies.io/

"Strong balance sheet comprised of $29 million total asset value including $24 million in cash/GICs/Bitcoin"

KEY SHAREHOLDERS
Private Placement Investors
42.1%
Founders, Officers, Directors, and Advisors
30.9%
Friends and Family
19.4%
Last edited by tietherope on Apr 26th, 2021 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2017
1047 posts
914 upvotes
Toronto
Btw Paysafe earnings in 2 weeks. We know that strong guidance is coming so time to load up
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
2619 posts
1594 upvotes
Alliston, ON
For any interested..
H. C. Wainwright Cryptocurrency, Blockchain & FinTech Conference April 27, 2021. There's a virtual conference with presentations and discussion from some of the crypto mining companies. Some are available for 1 on 1 discussions throughout the day. Some companies that are going to be in attendance include RIOT, DMGI, HIVE, HUT, CSTR, MARA, BITF and more...

I image there could be some new I go shared and a few New releases tomorrow.

https://hcwevents.com/crypto/#toggle-id-2
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
16356 posts
5721 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
OCGN... I don't get you. I played you when you were literally pennies and now you do an offering and stock goes up?!
RFD is love. RFD is life.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2007
10644 posts
8648 upvotes
Winnipeg
tietherope wrote: I don't know what it looked like before but know it was a complaint of many. FORT has updated their website I'm told. Hopefully financials tomorrow.

"Strong balance sheet comprised of $29 million total asset value including $24 million in cash/GICs/Bitcoin"

KEY SHAREHOLDERS
42.1%
30.9%
Friends and Family
19.4%
Their website still looks terrible lmao.
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7621 posts
5596 upvotes
faken wrote: Their website still looks terrible lmao.
Haha. Well then they are giving more info at least!
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
12190 posts
3403 upvotes
geokilla wrote: OCGN... I don't get you. I played you when you were literally pennies and now you do an offering and stock goes up?!
If anything. You need to buy more.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2020
1090 posts
3154 upvotes
JRGUINNESS wrote: I have a position at around $2, and think @CDNGreenTrader just entered not to long ago.

But keep HEXO on your radar for Canadian MJ companies.

They have always said they wanted to be a CPG company, and they believe partnerships is the way to go.

Hexo + Molson = Truss.

Anyway, they recently filed they wanted 1.2 Billion then trademarked the word and sign for "Bake Sale" and "Hexo FLVR" They were also just recently given a new license for R&D. This license is for “Cannabinoids Products Formulation and ***Consumer Palatability Testing*** to Ascertain Consumer Preference”.

Kraft/Heinz also moved back to Canada, but switched provinces from Ontario to Quebec. Kraft/Heinz years ago broke off its confectionery division and called it Mondelēz International, Inc.

There's alot of assuming here, and it's thin, I agree. But it's also just thought provoking enough to possibly hold some maret. Based on last fins, it's at least a better Play then some other MJ companies.

Not advice, all thoughts are my own, just sharing some D.D
Out of the og Canadian marijuana companies, this is probably the only one that is not crap lol
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2020
1090 posts
3154 upvotes
tietherope wrote: I don't know what it looked like before but know it was a complaint of many. FORT has updated their website I'm told. Hopefully financials tomorrow.

KEY SHAREHOLDERS
42.1%
30.9%
Friends and Family
19.4%
I like it!

I know there's been a lot of complaints about the website and how the stock has moved but I haven't sold a share despite being in the hole 20k....
Between RFD and CEO.ca, we probably own like 20% of the public float LOL.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2020
1090 posts
3154 upvotes
spike1128 wrote: If anything. You need to buy more.
I don't know if most people realize their efficacy against these COVID variants.

With EUA in the US, I'm thinking minimum valuation of $5B but more likely closer to $10B.

So basically risk - minimal at best barring an absolute disaster in additional trials.
Reward - 3-6x
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2020
1090 posts
3154 upvotes
melodymelody wrote: Hey - can you point me to where I can read up more about the rumored stock split? I suspect that's the reason AMZN jumped 2% today. I use the word "jump" because it's been trading sideways more or less for the last 9 months and only showing signs of life the last month or so). Nonetheless if there is one stock that I absolutely do not hesitate in holding long term, that's AMZN. You might not get the gains as something like ZM last year but AMZN is a well-run company and going places.
I didn't see an article on it. It was all over twitter. Possibly started with this guy from Fox Business:
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
16356 posts
5721 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
CDNGreenTrader wrote: I don't know if most people realize their efficacy against these COVID variants.

With EUA in the US, I'm thinking minimum valuation of $5B but more likely closer to $10B.

So basically risk - minimal at best barring an absolute disaster in additional trials.
Reward - 3-6x
What's this COVID play OCGN is involved in anyways? I used to follow them when they were doing clinical trials for their vision stuff.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2020
1090 posts
3154 upvotes
geokilla wrote: What's this COVID play OCGN is involved in anyways? I used to follow them when they were doing clinical trials for their vision stuff.
They're producing a COVID-19 vaccine along with an Indian company that has shown strong efficacy against the variants.

A read on their latest trial results:
https://www.biospace.com/article/with-n ... -vaccine-/
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2272 posts
1045 upvotes
melodymelody wrote: Congrats everyone on MVIS! Like I have been saying, do take some profit on the way up. Doesn't mean you have to sell everything, but MVIS is as volatile as it gets. I started at $2, sold at $6, got back in at $9, sold at $12, and then again got in at $15. Sold some and riding the rest, and will buy more when it dips.

Faken has done an amazing job with running this thread and keeping it friendly, and giving out good stock tips to boot! Thanks again!!! Looking for another MVIS? I think Faken is also deep in a couple of other stocks. I like his CIDM recommendation and I have been buying since $1.25 but unfortunately I also bought some at $2 and so my average is higher than I would like! In another stockpicking group, the shotcaller is also very bullish on CIDM but please do your own due diligence!

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! I am looking to sell my MMED and hope things will look good!
so i am of cousre newbie at this.....2nd week.
so in the above scenario...you buy and sell and buy and sell...but the price of MVIS is still going up. so mathematically, do you still protect your gain this way? you are still buying more at a higher price whether you cash out in the middle and buy back again. you actually end up paying mroe transaction fee at least.....

can someone give me some enlightenment on this?
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1569 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto
I forgot I had a limit sell in place for MVIS 5/21 6c that I've been holding since December. Sold for $13.50 at open this morning good for 300% gains. Would been up 500%+ right now if I held it. Profits is profits. Thanks Faken!
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2483 upvotes
bestknightmare wrote: so i am of cousre newbie at this.....2nd week.
so in the above scenario...you buy and sell and buy and sell...but the price of MVIS is still going up. so mathematically, do you still protect your gain this way? you are still buying more at a higher price whether you cash out in the middle and buy back again. you actually end up paying mroe transaction fee at least.....

can someone give me some enlightenment on this?
Probably buy after pullback and consolidate and stoploss.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)